Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*

Go down 
+15
lucky luke
Taos
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
Caracal
widukind
Ana
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Roger
George
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 9:11 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 8:16 am

Thank you so much everyone!

I was able to go on another ski trip with my family, this time to Lake Tahoe, California. I had been four years ago but we stayed at the ski resort and didn't venture down to the lake. This year we took a day off from skiing to go sightseeing.

The lake was even more beautiful than I hoped and it was really amazing to drive around and look at the scenery. Of course I had to bring some animals with me Very Happy

A few images of the lake itself

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Schleich red deer family

BotB mountain lion

I wanted to get a good photo of Safari's beautiful Wild Life Wonders mountain lion, I think this was a good spot for it! Too bad the pinecones are so large.

Eikoh's Blakiston's fish owl

My puffin colony: Papo, CollectA, Yowie, Schleich, & Safari

Polar bears by Safari & Papo

Emperor penguins by Papo, Schleich, & Safari

The CBIOV & Anna's takin. My friend was able to come with us on the trip so I borrowed her takin for a photo  Very Happy

Some hungry Steller's sea eagles fighting over fish. Colorata, Epoch, & Naturalism

Lastly, Eikoh's rock ptarmigan

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 12:20 pm

Wonderful place and spectacular pictures! I think the most unexpectable one is the Steller's sea eagle's. affraid
On a different note, your picture of the emperor penguins shows clearly the Schleich model was made after a king penguin sculpt. I'm not discovering it, it is known, of course. Notice how the bill is proportionally longer and how the top line of the head connects with the bill almost in a straight line.
Don't you have the Bullyland puffin or the fact it is a different species disqulified it? Wink

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 1:53 pm

Wonderful pictures in wonderful backyard! cheers cheers the ones with the flying Steller's sea eagle are very spectacular and realistic but all of them are great! Very Happy (but isn' it a little cruel to release a florida panther in such cold climat! Laughing )

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 3:27 pm

Roger wrote:
Wonderful place and spectacular pictures! I think the most unexpectable one is the Steller's sea eagle's.  affraid
On a different note, your picture of the emperor penguins shows clearly the Schleich model was made after a king penguin sculpt. I'm not discovering it, it is known, of course. Notice how the bill is proportionally longer and how the top line of the head connects with the bill almost in a straight line.
Don't you have the Bullyland puffin or the fact it is a different species disqulified it? Wink

Thank you Roger! I have the original Schleich paint variant which represents a king penguin, funny how they repainted it to be an emperor to go with the chicks. I wish we got some king penguin chicks instead Laughing

Sadly I don't have the Bullyland puffin, it's quite charming though.

I'm still waiting for one of the major brands to hopefully release a tufted puffin. Maybe Papo or CollectA?

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 4:08 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Roger wrote:
Wonderful place and spectacular pictures! I think the most unexpectable one is the Steller's sea eagle's.  affraid

Thank you Roger! I have the original Schleich paint variant which represents a king penguin, funny how they repainted it to be an emperor to go with the chicks. I wish we got some king penguin chicks instead Laughing

Sadly I don't have the Bullyland puffin, it's quite charming though.

I'm still waiting for one of the major brands to hopefully release a tufted puffin. Maybe Papo or CollectA?

I think nobody will release king penguin chicks Laughing They're considered unappealing creatures. affraid However, I love them, especially when they get bigger than they parents but with the baby colors. You know the story, Schleich released a king penguin with emperor penguin chicks but they marketed them as king penguins. The next year, Schleich fixed it and renamed the chicks to emperors and repainted the king penguin adulte with emperor penguin colors and called it an emperor. That's one of the funniest episodes in this hobby of how to mess everything. Though, the adulte is a good king penguin figure, the emperor with chick is also a good figure and chicks are lovely and perfect as emperors. The current Schleich penguin is not as good as the ones of the previous generation. Schleich African penguin also uses a wrong mold but it is so lovely.
The Bullyland model is a horned penguin, I don't think CollectA or Papo will release one but I was also not expecting Papo to release an African fish eagle when it is so similar to a bald eagle. Maybe next puffin will be from Mojö Fun but likely another Atlantic.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 7:31 pm

Wow, the views, the landscape, so beautiful I love you
I love these photos. The scenes with eagles are my favorite Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2023 5:42 pm

Wonderful pictures in wonderful backyard Smile Applause cheers bounce flower
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 9:46 pm

It's great to combine landscape photography with animal model photography. The photos with the flying eagle are fantastic. Nice to see what Lake Tahoe looks like. When I was in California several years ago, I thought about visiting it, but we stayed in Yosemite, so it was a bit too far. In some of your photos, it looks like the North or South pole.

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*   Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th* - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Animal Figure Photography: Lake Tahoe! *Feb 14th*
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5