Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*

Go down 
+26
Bloodrayne
thebritfarmer
FlaffyRaptors
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Loon
Ana
jarda
landrover
sunny
George
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Birdsage
Caracal
Pardofelis
widukind
Seeway
lucky luke
spacelab
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Taos
Roger
Joliezac
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 11:36 pm

Amazing journey in your wonderful dioramas which highlight so much your so rich and beautiful collection! cheers cheers cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 7:49 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate all the comments! Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 12:02 am

Since I finished all my displays. I have felt very accomplished and happy just to look at them all. However, now that I don't have any more to make, I was sad, I love to make displays.

Then I discovered Ikea makes extensions for the bookcases I have. Since our roof is slanted, I have more wall space to work with on the one side, so I was able to get 2 bookcase extensions, therefore giving me the space for 2 new displays!

I decided these 2 new displays would be for Japan & China. I already had a display for China, but it was getting quite crowded... So I wanted a larger shelf.

Here is Japan. I like the orange colors, I wanted it to stand out. I hope a major brand makes a Japanese serow. I don't have one and the Eikoh one is too small for my tastes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is my original smaller China shelf:

Compared with the new one:

I also moved my Himalaya display up to the top of the bookcase and replaced the background with cardstock paper. The original background was normal paper and it started to peel off.

Then I did 2 renovations with shelves I thought deserved improvement. The great plains & Amazon!

The plains I wasn't happy with and initially wanted to change. It took until now to do that. I was at work and while we were looking through puzzle catalogues, I saw a beautiful puzzle of the great plains. So I turned that into the background and inspiration for this shelf.

Here is the original:

And the new:

I like the new version a lot more  cheers

Then I also wanted to redo my Amazon shelf. I wasn't very happy with the background, and I wanted to fit more animals on it, so I decided it needed an upgrade. I found another great puzzle image for the background.

Before:

After:

I'm really happy with the renovation. I added some acrylic to mimic water (like I've done in many other displays). I think the background really brightens up and livens the whole display. It is more crowded now, but it is very colorful and I like that. I had some figures such as the Bullyland macaw, Safari king vulture, and some monkeys in storage since they didn't fit on the original display, and I really wanted to include them.

Here is the full bookcase

Those are my renovations for now! I have 2 more displays to work on. I will make a Madagascar display where the original China diorama was. And I also dismantled my frog shelf (I have an idea for them later) and I will replace it with Flores Island with komodo dragons Laughing Stay tuned!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Siarczek

Siarczek

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 3:06 am

Wow these are so beautiful. I would love to do dioramas like this someday.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 4:09 am

WOW these are really fun and nice to look through. You say 'puzzle' for a background? Did you assemble a jigsaw puzzle and use it for the background?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 4:28 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
WOW these are really fun and nice to look through. You say 'puzzle' for a background? Did you assemble a jigsaw puzzle and use it for the background?

Thank you! Haha that would be a lot of effort. No if I find an image on a puzzle I like, I photoshop the image to make it longer, for example:

This image is a puzzle by the brand Eurographics. I took the image and copied and pasted it into photoshop and flipped it to make it longer. Then I print it out in multiple pieces and stick it to the shelf

This is the final result:

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 7:53 am

Congratulations Jolie magnificent diorama, I love it Very Happy Applause Applause Applause cheers I love you
I opted for the same process a few years ago to exhibit my marine life. but my collection has increased so much in all universes that I gave up due to lack of space! Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 6:24 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2024 9:30 pm

That's the most amazing book case I have ever seen! Your displays are stunning. You have a great eye for arrangements, backgrounds and colours. We can see it in your shelves and in your outdoor photos. Your original displays were already very beautiful, but I agree that they are now even better. Looking forward to seeing Madagascar and Flores Island.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 13, 2024 6:27 am

@luckyluke

Thank you so much!! Arranging sealife can be hard, especially with large cetaceans and sharks. Although my displays really don't take up as much space as you would think. For example, my Amazon display when it was just a bare shelf, I could barely fit all those figures on the shelf (they were all touching). But with the elevation and rocks and sticks within the diorama, they fit much nicer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Aw thank you!! I really appreciate that!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 13, 2024 4:38 pm

Wonderful displays cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 13, 2024 9:58 pm

Very Happy  Indeed! what a pleasure for eyes! cheers cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Aeglil

Aeglil

Country/State : Toulouse, France

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 14, 2024 3:10 pm

Impressive work. 👏
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 20, 2024 12:20 am

Crouded like a Chinese city but sorted like a Japanese one. That's quite magic and extremely beautiful.
Each of your picture looks like an artistic postcard. I have no idea how do you do it but throug your pictures we can see it is made with much love so it doesn't surprise me that you feel some sadness when you're not operating. cheers

Toymany-kenc

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2024 4:07 am

Incredible bookshelves! The scene goes well with the animals, I love the toucan, what brand is it? I'd like to buy it too bounce

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/toymanyofficial

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/toymany_official
Back to top Go down
https://toymany.com?utm_source=STSforum
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2024 5:35 am

Toymany-kenc wrote:
Incredible bookshelves! The scene goes well with the animals, I love the toucan, what brand is it? I'd like to buy it too bounce

Thank you! Which toucan? The 2 keel-billed toucans are Safari, the Toco Toucans are by Mojo, Papo, & Schleich

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*   Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11* - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joliezac's Displays/Dioramas: Renovations! *July 11*
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11