Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou

Go down 
+9
lucky luke
Bonnie
spacelab
Roger
rogerpgvg
widukind
Joliezac
Caracal
Kikimalou
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Abyssinia! A magnificent name, a name which makes one dream of mysterious lands, of magnificent landscapes. Going up the Blue Nile, smelling the wild coffee trees and, who knows, crossing the road of a certain Corto Maltese, isn't it beautiful?
And in the middle of this dream, as in fairy tales, there is a wolf… And what a wolf !
He is neither gray nor red nor arctic nor maned, he is the Abyssinian wolf, isn’t that a majestic name?

I've been waiting one for a long time, thinking to myself that maybe Mojo or CollectA will have the nerve to make it. That too is a dream ...

Et voilà, Qingyu Li had the good idea to start carving canids and an even better idea to start with the Abyssinian wolf.

The good ideas stop there, I decided to buy this little gem right away and I skipped the optional mole-rat ... My mistake.

This blunder will not prevent us from looking at the beautiful creature from all angles and finding it in good company at the end of the walkaround.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With some 1/10 canids

With some 1/10 African neighbours

With a cubic green rat-mole  alien   Laughing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Laughing Laughing 

wonderful model and walkaround, Thank you Christophe! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 4:54 pm

What a beauty!! I love the stalking pose it is in! Very tempting model, too bad no major brands have made one Crying or Very sad

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:22 pm

What a beautiful wolf

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 1:32 pm

These photos are pure joy! This wolf has a great pose and the painting is wonderfully detailed.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Upgrading your collection with some masterpieces. It is particularly impressive how precisely is your cubic rat mole sculpted. Laughing
I love your walk arounds, regardless of what is being presented, these comparison pictures are precious.
So nice to see you strong on forum again! cheers

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 11:44 pm

Well, there's not much to say about Beauty of the Beasts creations, most of them are perfect and this wolf is one of the best. A fantastic model, with or without the rat.
What was a bit disappointing for me, is that she messed up the scale of the lion and the tiger, that are quite huge to the rest of her felines, according to this photo:

Well, for some this might be just a detail, but if I ever decided to invest in such expensive models, I would like the scale to be compatible, especially to the most iconic animals.

In any case, I'm glad there are so talented persons that can offer gems like these. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 12:18 am

Thank you all for your nice comments Very Happy

I'm afraid we won't see anytime soon an Abyssinian wolf toy figure, but who knows ?

Yes Rogério I'm very proud of my green mole-rat,excellent painting, wonderfully sculpted. I won't let it go except for a very serious price Laughing

Well Kostas, your pic is disturbing for me, the whole wild cats collection is supposed to be 1/10.

Now if we compare shoulder heights and male weights (Hunter & Barrett book):

Lion: 100 to 128cm / 150 to 272kg
Tiger: 80 to 110cm / 100 to 261kg (exceptionnaly 325Kg)
Cheetah: 67 to 89cm / 29 to 64kg
Leopard: 55 to 82cm / 20 to 90kg
Jaguar: 68 to 75cm / 36 to 158kg

So maybe she is right and maybe we are biased by the way Major brands build their lines.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 12:43 am

Kikimalou wrote:

So maybe she is right and maybe we are biased by the way Major brands build their lines.

Only if she's building a line based on the smallest cheetah ever in history and the biggest tiger in the world....
I think we all have seen Lions fighting a Cheetah or a Leopard in documentaries, and definitely there is no matching to this photo..
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 1:19 am

I didn't look closer to the cheetah in this pic, I watched the jaguar, leopard and lynx.

Maybe it is because of the unusual pose butI guess you are right, so forme it is now more achettah problem than a lion one.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 2:22 am

I can't believe I missed this wonderful topic, wow! Shocked cheers sunny
Beautifully presented as always, both the photos and introduction were wonderful! Applause I really hope @Advicot sees this, I can't believe how similar it is to the Ethiopian Wolf he just commissioned me to make and I have just sent off to him! Shocked I cannot compare my work to this amazing artist, but I found it such a coincidence that Adam picked the same pose, it's great to compare and see where I could have improved my model! Very Happy
The muscle detail is so accurate, just like the real wolf, and the fur has been sculpted really well too, flowing in all the right directions! cheers That head shape is perfect as well, such a wonderful model- we definitely need one of the major brands to bring this species out! And I was laughing so much about the cubic green rat mole, it's really is a must have model and so realistic, and rare too! Great new addition! Laughing
I'm so glad I managed to find this walkaround of this stunning wolf! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 6:48 am

My impression is also that the size of the cheetah is the problem. On average, a cheetah should be larger (though skinnier) than a jaguar or a puma, but it looks smaller than both. The lion and tiger may be too large, but I find it harder to tell without accurate measurements of the figures. 

Maximum height of 128 cm for lions is probably not right. This may have been measured over the shoulder rather than "between pegs". It's normally assumed that lions and tigers are very similar in size.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 6:53 am

spacelab wrote:
Well, there's not much to say about Beauty of the Beasts creations, most of them are perfect and this wolf is one of the best. A fantastic model, with or without the rat.
What was a bit disappointing for me, is that she messed up the scale of the lion and the tiger, that are quite huge to the rest of her felines, according to this photo:

Well, for some this might be just a detail, but if I ever decided to invest in such expensive models, I would like the scale to be compatible, especially to the most iconic animals.

In any case, I'm glad there are so talented persons that can offer gems like these. Very Happy

Wow this photo is very helpful! I was curious to see them all together, I know there are sizes listed in her store but a photo is much more helpful! I wasn't planning on buying the lion or tiger when it came out because I honestly can't really afford to pay that much for them, and also many other brands have great lions and tigers. The African leopard I wasn't a fan of the pose, so I wasn't going to purchase that one, but I REALLY want the Amur leopard. Are the rest of the cats somewhat in scale? The biggest one there I have is the jaguar and I honestly didn't know if they were really that big or if the scale is a bit off. Doesn't really matter to me since its not like I'll be taking photos of the jaguar next to the snow leopard, but I'm curious nonetheless. I really want to purchase more of these cats and I plan to get the Amur leopard and Canadian lynx next, then maybe models that are starting to get old. I wish I knew about her before the ocelot and caracal went out of stock Crying or Very sad

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 9:47 am

I believe that jaguars are somewhat larger than snow leopards, though a small jaguar may be smaller than a large snow leopard. An amur leopard is probably more similar to a snow leopard, perhaps a leopard is slightly taller with a similar length. A lynx is much smaller than any of these. When you look into the literature on felid sizes, it can get quite confusing, because they are often measured in different ways and measurements can differ between populations of one species, but this is what I have distilled from it.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 9:56 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
I believe that jaguars are somewhat larger than snow leopards, though a small jaguar may be smaller than a large snow leopard. An amur leopard is probably more similar to a snow leopard, perhaps a leopard is slightly taller with a similar length. A lynx is much smaller than any of these. When you look into the literature on felid sizes, it can get quite confusing, because they are often measured in different ways and measurements can differ between populations of one species, but this is what I have distilled from it.

I was surprised at the size of the jaguar model because I've seen both jaguars and snow leopards at the zoo many times, and although jaguars are definitely stockier, I never thought them to be much larger. Also some snow leopards are larger than others so it can be confusing. I don't worry too much about scale but I was definitely surprised to learn that mountain lions are in fact larger than snow leopards.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 10:23 am

Caracal wrote:
Laughing Laughing 

wonderful model and walkaround, Thank you Christophe! cheers cheers

Very Happy cheers sunny Cool drunken
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 10:32 am

I still believe there are two scales there. One for Lion and Tiger and one for most of the others. There is no way for a jaguar to be so much smaller than a tiger. I mean, the jaguar is just a bit larger than the front foot of the Tiger here and the Cheetah is as long as Lion's tail...
I think there is a 3-4 scales difference between them.

Sorry for ruining your excellent walkaround with size issues Christophe..
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 12:57 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 9:25 pm

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 3:41 am

Thank you Donny cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 7:20 am

Thank you for this usefull picture Constantin! Very Happy

I think that the interest of this line is to offer all the little wild cats never produiced by the main brands. Tigers, lions, jag, leopard and cheetas are already so available even if not so well curved! :)

It's the same for canids, no need wolves and foxes, but dholes, coyotes, jacals, bush dogs,..
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 am

What a beauty indeed! This topic is a feast for the eyes Very Happy I especially enjoy seeing the group photos of the animals in the same scale I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 am

You skipped the mole rat? I bought this BECAUSE of the mole rat :-D
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 9:21 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
You skipped the mole rat? I bought this BECAUSE of the mole rat :-D

I wish I could buy only the mole rat Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 2:25 am

I will try to buy only the mole-rat too Wink

By the way I don't want to be off topic now lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou   A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

A Beauty of Beasts Abyssinian wolf walkaround by kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next