Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!

Go down 
+13
Kikimalou
Burgerenby
Chris Sweetman
Taos
George
Duck-Anch-Amun
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
Bonnie
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:02 pm

Congrats Roger, this mouflon is esplendid.

I would like to have one . cheers cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:42 pm

Blaine, grazing is an option although I am convinced the figure was sculpted as a fighting animal. You can even buy two and it will work.
George, as I was convinced those models were supposed to be sold individually on Schleich range, I was waiting to see them locally or just buy those I want. Actually I like everything in this set and I hope Fernando also can find it. I already owned these 3 species (European mouflon, Alpine ibex and mountain goat), I will show them later with the previous versions and maybe one of them is an improvement over the previous figure.
I can't see any seams on Schleich horns but my sight is not sharp enough, I believe they are moulded independentely even if the Schleich set of horns is less complex than CollectA's. One thing is for sure, there's no seam where the horns attach to the head. Maybe one of the ridges but that's hard to see.
I think it is interesting to show my Lineol IV generation mouflon. Despite the improvementamong major brands, look how nice are the proportions of this old model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:42 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:54 pm

Roger wrote:
Actually I like everything in this set...

Oh, that's not so bad then, I didn't realise it was just a boxed set of animal species - I was having visions of the pet/horse/zoo playsets where you get bright coloured plasticky little buildings and vehicles and people and assorted human clutter which is no use if you only collect animals themselves

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 6:09 pm

I remember when my friend and I were trying to find this set. It was so hard to find and we eventually were able to get it. Probably one of my favorite Schleich sets, all 3 animals are truly wonderful but I agree that the mouflon is the highlight for sure. I have the CollectA and Papo one but the Schleich one pairs beautifully with the CollectA (Papo's is a bit bigger).

It's hard for me to decide which is better, I love the reddish coloration on the Schleich, but the pose and horns on the CollectA I like more. They pair very well together and I'm happy to have them on my European shelf.

Congrats! Definately a model worth the effort of tracking down.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 8:43 pm

Congrats!The old Linoel is a very worthy model as well!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 9:39 pm

It is a very beautyful model, - I am happy you got it Very Happy

As always your presentation is interesting and a joy to see/read ! Applause Applause

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 pm

it doesn't look dynamic enough to be fighting, but can work either way.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 12:43 am

Thanks everyone!
this ram is still bowing to his oponent, Blaine. Laughing
I have still the Dall's sheep by Bullyland but it is quite small. However, I think it is interesting to show the Transcaspian Urial made by Anna-Dobrowolska-Ocsko. Sorry for pic, I get nervous with this kind of figures. affraid

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 1:01 am

Wow that model is gorgeous!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 12:33 pm

I missed this thread! many useful pictures and comments! cheers cheers Applause

I am glad you own now the Mojo croc and elephant and the Safari jag! Very Happy

About crocs, I still prefer the Papo one in spite of its big size. About jag, I prefer the Safari one like you. About white tale deer, I prefer the Papo even if it's big. About the mouflons, I have the Schleich and CollectA ones and like them both! About Mountain goat, since few days ago I have the Elastolin one and it's the model I prefer. About Elephants, this new Mojo one looks fine in proportions but its too thick tuskes are a little boring to me.. The perfect elephant (and leopard!) are still to come! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 3:28 pm

Thanks Jolie, it is a pity Anna is just sculpting horses for Mojö Fun, I would love to see some of her wildlife sculpts in Mojö Fun range.

Caracal wrote:
I missed this thread! many useful pictures and comments! cheers cheers Applause

I am glad you own now the Mojo croc and elephant and the Safari jag! Very Happy

About crocs, I still prefer the Papo one in spite of its big size. About jag, I prefer the Safari one like you. About white tale deer, I prefer the Papo even if it's big. About the mouflons, I have the Schleich and CollectA ones and like them both! About Mountain goat, since few days ago I have the Elastolin one and it's the model I prefer. About Elephants, this new Mojo one looks fine in proportions but its too thick tuskes are a little boring to me.. The perfect elephant (and leopard!) are still to come! :)

Yes, I agree. I really enjoy seeing the Papo white-tailed deer receiving some love. It is one of these models that hasn't received much atention when it was released.
I've found a MiniZoo video where we can see it 360º and compared with the Schleich model.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 4:45 pm

Thank you for the link Rogério, I had never looked at this model so well! :)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 6:53 pm

Really beautiful, now I’m tempted to get both the Safari and Papo white-tailed deer Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 7:59 pm

Before presenting my other Schleich Mountain set figures, a little break with a prehistoric model.
It is the impressive Papo Megaloceros, awarded 2020 figure of the year by the STS-Forum community! cheers
By the way, are you ready for the 2021 contest? It will start soon! bounce bounce bounce

I won't talk too much about this model, I am not that confortable with prehistoric animals, I only can tell this model is more impressive, artistically much superior and also much better finished than the old but meritorious Bullyland Irish elk.
Curiously both figures are gifts from Susanne and again there's no replacement even if the "next level" effect is consensual here, I guess.

George

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 8:29 pm

He's a fantastic animal, really got that imposing, intimidating look I get from a modern stag, amplified by knowing these were SO much bigger and more wild than our parkland deer! I really like the fur texturing, the variation from smooth to shaggy on different parts of the coat. Definitely deserving of that forum title.
And yes, I'm looking forward to the next contest, I was too late joining to vote in the last one!

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:27 pm

Such a beautiful model. I was so excited when I got it this past spring. I am very excited to vote for the animal of the year, although it is going to be tough for me to choose!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 10:49 am

So many beautiful models I have missed! cheers cheers
Especially the Megaloceros, such an impressive model and a very worthy 2020 winner! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 12:35 pm

I love him so much that I bought twoo! cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 pm

I bought one and I don't even collect prehistoric! He's a project for when I feel up to painting my way into another new genre of models Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 10:27 pm

A short presentation with ghostly pictures.
this is the mountain goat of the Schleich Mountain Set, that was sold together with the mouflon previously presented and the Ibex that I will present during next days.
It was available in 2017 forr a short time.

This newer model matches perfectly with the 2005 model, one of the most remarkable Schleich figures of ever.
These figures have a similar quality level, the new model has a dirtier color, smaller head and the main difference is the texture.
The 2017 model has a rougher texture while the 2005 figure has the long hairs finely sculpted.
the Shoulder area is narrow and defined on old figure and litterally a hairy hump on newer model.

A Rocky Mountain goatt figure is not easy to find, the old Schleich, later released also by Safari, are both retired for a long time.
The Mountain set is not easy to find anymore and CollectA models are not as great as those.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 10:30 pm

George wrote:
I bought one and I don't even collect prehistoric! He's a project for when I feel up to painting my way into another new genre of models Laughing

I hope you will find motivation for it and share on forum.
Snowflake is a good color. Laughing

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 pm

I like all the mountain goats by major brands but the Schleich ones are definitely my favorite. Both Schleich are really excellent in their own ways but the older Schleich is unbeatable in my opinion. That mountain animals set really is amazing!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 12:29 am

I love the mountain goats too.

This figure is very nice, congrats Roger. cheers cheers

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 2:33 pm

Thanks for showing the differences between the White-tail deers :) I didn´t know that there is such a variety and it looks like all the modern companies could fit with one subspecies :)

Congrats on your mountain animals :) I had the old Mountan Goat, no need to replace it. However the Moufflon I liked already, when I saw it the first time. This set teached me, that I should get them as long as they are available, as I thought, too, that the species would be arriving in the normal range. So the figures became quite rare in this short time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!   Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Next level in Roger's Collection... a new Mountain Goat!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3