Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 9:03 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Really great additions! That bushdog is amazing.

Indeed, BoB began a canine series, I'm sure you would enjoy them  Very Happy

Jill wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I'm glad you like vintage stuff  cheers
Seeing beautiful models like these makes it very tempting to take that direction with collecting, but I know too little still. I wouldn't know what I was looking at, much less looking for. Someday!

Then STS and TAW are the good places to learn cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 3:32 pm

A Bob Bush dog walkaround is available [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 9:58 pm

Very nice additions Very Happy Applause cheers Cool

Reptiles mag Bell’s false brook salamander, Budgett's frog and Tiger salamander Cool
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 10:18 pm

Thank you Jean-Luc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2021 7:34 pm

Wonderful newcomers! Congratulations again Christophe Very Happy
BotB models are AMAZING cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 9:41 am

Thank you Anna, I'm sure you'll find it almost impossible not to succomb to BoB models charm. Very Happy

A BoB Chinese desert cat walkaround is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 10:56 pm

So what's new since May? I say it and I repeat it, my collection is too big, it does not fit any more in its pants, the buttons crack so I continue my efforts to make it undergo a slimming cure!
Unfortunately, macaques are fragile and the temptations are stubborn.
At each "what's new?" I wonder in what order I will present you my bazaar.
For this time, it will be by material.
For those who have read to the end, thank you for your patience.

First the Hollowcast lead

Barrett & sons was a post WW2 UK company, when Taylor & Barrett owners decided to go separate ways. The company produced a tiger family I love very much, unfortunately I had none of them until I get this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blancherie Frères is a post WW1 French company, they produced form the 1920’s to the late 1940’s what I consider to be the most amazing Hollow cast lead brand. The company alas didn’t survive the WW2 and disappear in the late 1940’s.Blancherie Frères Sea lion

And now a few Aluminium. this material was used by a few French companies since the 1930’s until 1960’s. The material was cheaper and stronger than hollow cast lead, especially during WW2. The Korean War ended its use because the shortage of raw materials made the price of aluminum soar while an even cheaper material appeared on the market: Plastic.

LR ( Louis Roussy) was a French company founded in 1924, its main production was sheet metal model trains. Between 1937 and 1947 it produced also toy soldiers in aluminium. Two series of animals are assigned to LR.

LR small Monkey

LR Penguin

LR Sea lion

And now lets’ talk about the Wend-Al toys Ltd company. It is the only UK company who used Aluminium to produce animal figurines. The models produced were licensed French animals copies from Quiralu and a few Clairet too. Since 1947, success was rapid but short-lived: in the 1950s, the increase in the price of aluminum forced the company to reduce the material by removing the bases of animals. The year 1956 marked the end of the adventure.

Wend-Al Tiger

Cut face no ?

One composition animal this time. Composite material were used by a lot of European companies to produce toys soldiers, from Danemark to Italy, Belgium and Czechoslovakia. The most representative and Major ones were German and Austrian. This material was used because metal was rare and expansive.At that time only the richer European countries used Lead and Aluminium to produce toys: England and France.

One of theses Majors was Hausser elastolin founded in 1904. The material used (called elastolin) was a composite of sawdust, glue, linseed oil and kaolin. The production of animals in elastolin lasted until 1969, when the plastic series appeared.

Two weeks ago, the international stock exchange of old toys EUROTOYS took place not far from my home. I came across an Orangutan sold for a small fee ... How can I resist?
This model produced well before the war has seen some paint variations. Here is the 1950 version.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, some plastic oldies.

First two German elephant calves, I’m not too much a baby collector but I couldn’t resist to those ones. Merten company produced a ”1/50” animal series. I have a lot but I decided to let some go…
After losing weight, I still kept the two African elephants and the two Asians. When I came across the two calves I didn't ask myself many questions. Merten in good condition are quite rare, like Jeol, so you don't have to wait for a second pass to catch them.

Then a few models from Britains Ltd, I had them in the past but they didn't survive to one of my regular slimming crisis. Fortunately Roger (UK) helped me to get them again  cheers : Two giant tortoises, one of the first ”on the four” gorillas ever and the 1970’s  Sea lion

Thanks to Roger's (UK) kindness and generosity, I am now the proud owner of the pretty little leopard from Jeol.  drunken

I put my hands on this Italian Hollowcast plastic rhino. I saw it two time in my collector’s life. the material and painting looks a lot like those of an elephant I show you a few months ago. Maybe they could be assigned to Chialù.

Another Rhino, this time from the Italian company Dulcop. Like a few vintage rhinoceros this is an hybrid between an Indian rhinoceros and a Back one.

It’s time to let Italy for Spain.

The Lafredo Giant anteater, we could call him Elvis… or Dusty James  Laughing

and the Oliver White rhino

Still in Spain but from the late 1980’s revolution, when vintage majors Toy soldiers companies collapsed and new Animal toys companies appeared. A few Miniland, I wanted to meet a few of them in real.

African elephant

Big Indian rhino

Hippopotamus

Black panther

and another Indian rhino I can’t find in the Miniland catalogue

And now, at last, let’s talk about the XXIth century additions.

First the Bandai Little barrier Giant Weta. I felt in love with this figure the first time Blaine shown one. It is not too big nor too small since she is 1/1 scale. There’s a few animals for me that needs to be collected at this scale: A Meganeura for example or a Giant Weta.

far smaller but very nice too, the Takara Black mamba

The first Kinder ever in my collection: The Hippopotamus & calf

From Mojo 2021, the African elephant

and the Warthog

A few more Warthogs

Safari Ltd

Schleich
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 11:21 pm

Very nice especially the The Hippopotamus & calf.

sunny sunny

Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 12:12 am

An amazing line-up. That first tiger is really beautiful rich colors, and I am very charmed by the LR sea lion. I was surprised to see that black panther - it looks like the Funrise leopard mold. I assume Funrise copied it. All of them are beautiful, and I learn so much from these kinds of threads.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 12:14 am

What very nice new additions, and helped by the fair coming near you as well. How wonderful Christophe that you have given a brief history of all the companies! I'm learning so much on here!
I really like the Wend Al tiger's expression, cute yes!
and the 2nd Merten baby elephant calf has such a lifelike expression, from the face smiling to the ears and the way the head is held at that angle, it's truly superb! What keen eyed modellers capturing such essence.

The Jeol leopard is beautiful, with the orange back and nearly spot free. How kind of Roger to gift this to you. And the Dulcop rhino is very nice and angular, and that La Fredo anteater is spectacular!

I love the Kinder hippos, especially the baby. The angle and the tiny head looking up, baby hippo smiling, truly such tenderness there! So many new items to be added to my wish list now:) I think the baby hippo has to be my favourite :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 12:37 am

I love your technic to find new room for your models. I got ride of a few tube sized sharks and a giant elephant arrived. Laughing
Yes, and now I am in a penguin obsession and it is macaques' fault.
So, among all these very old rarities with incredible designs, let's take a look at the penguin. It is also an hybrid, the body of a banded penguin and colors inspired in an Adélie. Probably just coincidences. Laughing
I also love all your rhino hybrids, I enjoy to see each detail and where they found inspiration.
The 2nd Miniland almost looks like a Javan rhino.
I must get one of these Lafredo anteaters, they are still not hard to find and it is an absolutely crazy design.

That first picture of the Mojö Fune elephant is quite impressive, it displays nicely from a lower angle. Dirtier tusks could result more effective.
Warthog looks also impressive but your pictures are always too good. I like a lot the Safari from the angle you photographed it and I never gave too much atention to it.
Even the Schleich is looking nice, the lifted left leg, the level of detail and the detail. Oh, this last comment is such a cacophony.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 12:46 am

Superb additions! I love the old animals. The weta is a great model, and an excellent elephant!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 9:51 am

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 10:18 am

We need much more of that old stuff, especially plastic :)

The Kinder hippos are really good and i have never seen before. It looks that is a very nice serie.

Big congrats, especially for the old newcomers :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 10:55 am

Nice models! Specially the hollow plastic Chialù rhino. The complete collection of Chialù in plastic is still unknown...
Also very interesting the aluminum figures!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 11:41 am

I love this topic because it always reveals such beautiful interesting models that I have never seen before! cheers I'm sure that many of these are rarities,, and it was really interesting to read more about their history! study The Japanese models are incredible, and that Mojo elephant and warthog are so beautifully made! cheers So many new warthogs, you now have a sounder of this lovely species ( I just found out that a group of warthogs is called a sounder! Very Happy) !
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 11:44 am

Wow, some amazing old figures there and the wonderful new Mojo figures! Congrats! Very Happy Applause Applause

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 1:27 pm

Impressive post, with great variety. Applause
If I was to get just one of the vintage stuff, I would definitely choose the Hausser Orangutan that is truly  fantastic! Cool catch!

The Mojo elephant has not convinced me yet, it probably will, but I still have my doubts. The legs look good but the tusks look too clean and short and rounded. The painting seems so and so, but then again I will wait your walkaround.
On the other hand the Mojo warthog looks fantastic, the best of the three by far, I hope it's not in snow leopard's scale. It would be a shame for such a splendid model!

**off topic: An interesting post like this should be on top of a page, or at least not in the bottom. If I was an admin, I would find the right old post from another thread, split it and merge it to this one to achieve my goal. Sure, there are other ways too.. Yeah, all this trouble for such a small detail, but I'm just a crazy Capricorn..
rendeer
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 5:27 pm

Love your newcomers and can´t wait for some comparison photos with the Mojo figures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 9:22 pm

Lots of great additions! Good looking Elastolin orangutan, colourful anteater, the Miniland hippo looks very similar to the Britains, the Kinder look surprisingly good and great to see the Mojos have finally arrived.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 10:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: No Kinder in my collection Fernando! I broke down for this tiny family  Wink  Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: It matters you like this kind of topic. cheers The Miniland black panther and the Funrise leopard shared the same moulds  (the same for the Mountain goat). The Miniland are from 1990 so they are younger than the Funrise. I guess those companies had some links between them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I’m so happy to see new members interested in exotic brands I like to collect. Very Happy  The Animal toys realm isn’t a pond nor a lake, it is an ocean with so many isles to visit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Yes I’m the king of silly downsizing ! What sharks are you talking about ? Indeed macaques love to torture crocs with the help of penguin armies. The 2nd Miniland Has a Javan rhino horn but nothing more alas and your herd needs a Lafredo anteater. I was a little annoyed to display this little gem in front of your hungry eyes.
My pictures shows the warthog as they really are in my eyes: excellent !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Year after year my 1/1 scale collection is getting bigger even if it was not at all in my projects when I started to collect seriously. My problem is the lack of place, that’s why I gave up to welcome a 1/1 warthog, Giant wetas are safer.

@lucky luke: cheers cheers cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:Yes I know YOU need much more of that old stuff, especially plastic Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Except the Dulcop series, the Italian production is near to be Terra Incognita for me. study

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I hope I will share a lot of unknown animals in the future, at least to enjoy you.
I have a 12 warthogs for now. There’s at least three I am wishing for, two are easy to find and one (a Lineol) will probably be a bit pricey alas. At 15, I will show them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thank you for your enthusiasm sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I will probably make a Composition Orangutan topic one of these days. I’m very happy with this new elephant, the tusks are not so clean and the global shape is very decent for me. I will show a walkaround tomorrow.

A Snow leopard pic maybe ? affraid

**off topic: An interesting post like thismust be at the end, just like a delicious dessert. If you want to be in the aperitif you need to post faster. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: As I said a Mojo elephant walkaround will be born tomorrow. For the warthog, we will have to wait a bit Sleep

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: My first thought when I saw the Miniland hippo was: another Britains copy. And you know what ? It is another Britains copy, just a bit less bulky. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 10:54 pm

WOW,some absolutely stunning models!!The penguin looks a bit more like a Great Auk judging by the way the wings are held and the beak.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 9:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
: Yes I’m the king of silly downsizing ! What sharks are you talking about ? Indeed macaques love to torture crocs with the help of penguin armies. The 2nd Miniland Has a Javan rhino horn but nothing more alas and your herd needs a Lafredo anteater. I was a little annoyed to display this little gem in front of your hungry eyes.
My pictures shows the warthog as they really are in my eyes: excellent !

I'm just getting ride of a few little sharks, not exactly torturing you with them so it was confuse to mention it. I love being tortured with penguins. Laughing I am actually glad you have the anteater, I believe it is a figure I won't find many troubles to find.
Very useful warthog comparison. One of them looks too small. Laughing Just kidding, they all look wonderful!

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 8:44 am

Thanks Kiki for the first warthog photo Wink I own the new Schleich one and when I compare the photo, I think the Mojo one is exactly as big as my model from Safari (https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Safari_283929_Warthog)...so I think no need to replace it scratch
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 5:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I agree the penguin is probably a Great auk and it is a so rare species, even less in real life alas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I know, the safari Ltd is too small Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I think the new Mojo is more realist than the old Safari Ltd, if you have a few Euros to spend, you won't regret it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next