Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3

Go down 
+35
Bloodrayne
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySat May 11, 2024 10:15 am

Interesting again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySat May 11, 2024 3:35 pm

Many beautiful additions! I like the warthogs and the donkey. Rare to see a domesticated animal in your collection. Nice rhesus macaque, and while I have no idea about dinos, they look like very high quality figures.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySat May 11, 2024 4:26 pm

Thank you Andreas and Roger.

The donkey wasn't expected but for now it wons a place in the jungle.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 12:12 pm

You know that this T-rex from Imperial is an evident approximation to the legacy of Godzilla. It's impossible to express the history of this creature as a mere animal figure, ignoring this concept that has been massively explored. I would say that T-rex and Godzilla are two identities with a gigantic mark and that they are intimately connected in both directions. You still can find Godzilla rexes among cheap toys these days.
Haolonggood gives you the other side of the moon.
Oh, the ERTL zebra is also very beautiful, and the lion is probably the weirdest of this batch. The lion is not ugly, I mean more a sort of artistic exercice.
Funrise rhino, the main piece of a group of similar pieces is now in your collection, great!

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:10 pm

Godzilla is a mixture of quite a few dinos and of course there's some Trex in him, Imperial has produced more convincing Godzillas like this one.  affraid

Haolonggood offers both realism and grace, which I really appreciate.  I love you

The ERTL zebra is also very handsome but very strong, which goes without saying with the gorilla, but it's a bit too exaggerated, but he's got such a good face that I can forgive him. I can make a little walkaround if you're interested.

I agree with you about the lion, he's the weirdest of the lot. I actually bought the celluloid set for the white buffalo. I'm not sure the feline will stay with me for long.

I don't usually collect variations but I couldn't pass up this Funrise rhino.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 4:06 pm

Really! Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySat May 18, 2024 1:44 am

Really Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 4:41 am

So, what happened in May? Apart from almost continuous rain...  What a Face

Luckily Santa Yvette brightened my heart with a parcel full of wonders!  sunny

But before I start the show, I'd like to thank Yvette for all the time she's devoted to me. Our friend translated a complete book on Lineol for me (I've got the book but unfortunately I don't read German) and also lots of articles on Mr Albert Caasmanns, the sculptor of Lineols. There's an incredible fairy who lives in Bavaria and I'm lucky enough to know her.  king

While we're on the subject of emotions, I'd like to introduce you to Knickfuß, the Asian elephant. This model is the oldest of the Lineol elephants, going through series I, II and III from 1906 to 1940 before being replaced by the Lineol 673.
Its nickname comes from its bent knee, of course.  Wink
I'm lucky enough to own this revered Elephant in magnificent condition, thanks to the kindness of Yvette, who gave it to me as a gift.  cheers  cheers  cheers It now occupies a special place in my jungle and also in my heart.  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Our friend also found me the Lineol 671 African elephant calf from the IV series and the Okapi mother and her offspring from Bullyland at rock-bottom prices.
It is now my firm intention to complete the Lineol wild elephant collection and to present it to you when I have done so.

They appeared in 2011 and died two years later, and the Okapi family has been on my mind ever since.
I didn't buy them at the time because I thought the ribs were too visible and I already had enough okapis as it was. It's nice to have principles and good resolutions... sometimes.  Laughing

In Germany, I also got my hands on a clan of Lineol series IV lions, they're not all in like-new condition, the vicissitudes of life, but they'll do.

I was also lucky enough to find Lisanto's incredible anteater. Not very realistic but with a very assertive personality, I'd had it in my sights since [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I love Lisanto figurines, they smell of childhood, biscuits and hot chocolate.  drunken

A more recent cousin has also joined my collection, the Mojo, which I think deserves a closer look.  Applause

I've also welcomed the Smilodon, which I'm afraid is going to replace the CollectA in my Pleistocene.

The Papo Common wall lizard also came to warm up in my displays, and is really a little marvel.

Finally, I unearthed a little Rhino inspired by the great Marx, and which was distributed as a premium by the Rivoire & Carret company to accompany Floraline (a mixture of natural durum wheat semolina and tapioca.) It is one of a series of wild animals that remain a mystery to this day.

The whole flock
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 7:21 am

Beautiful additions! I love the Bullyland okapis. I just need the calf now to complete my herd. The mojo anteater is actually very nice! I don’t think I’ve seen in hand pictures of it. The elephants are very special.
Papo lizard is great too! I love how detailed and small it is

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 9:03 am

When there is a story and Yvette is on it, we already know magic things happened. flower
That Lisanto anteater is a sort of unforgetable figure. You see it once you will never forget. Especially that tail. Considering their tails are their natural blankets, I suppose nights have not being easy for that creature.
I don't have the Mojö Fun anteater yet, it is in my wish list of course. Though, I'm happy seeing that people is providing very good feedback about the model after receiving it. It doesn't look promising at all but it looks it is a very serious and accurate figure. Now I'm even more curious to check it in real.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 11:07 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 11:40 am

@Kiki: Can I ask what brand is your new Smilodon?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 12:50 pm

Congratulations again, nice new entrys

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 3:52 pm

Jolie I hope you will find the okapi calf soon because those two are really better together. The mojo anteater is really better than expected! I was waiying the CollectA to make a comparison topic but you were faster than me Wink

The Lisanto anteater isn't the only one with a weird tail, the Lafredo and VEB Plaho have the same barber Laughing I even think there is a link between this three models.
About the Mojö Fun anteater, maybe I will make a walkaround if you agree Very Happy

Thank you Taylor and Andreas cheers

Jaromir, the Smilodon is the Mojo Fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 4:29 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Jolie I hope you will find the okapi calf soon because those two are really better together. The mojo anteater is really better than expected! I was waiying the CollectA to make a comparison topic but you were faster than me  Wink

The Lisanto anteater isn't the only one with a weird tail, the Lafredo and VEB Plaho have the same barber  Laughing  I even think there is a link between this three models.
About the Mojö Fun anteater, maybe I will make a walkaround if you agree  Very Happy

Thank you Taylor and Andreas  cheers

Jaromir, the Smilodon is the Mojo Fun  Very Happy

I'd love to see a walkaround for the Mojo Fun anteater! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 02, 2024 6:29 pm

Congratulations on your new friends Christophe!
That was very nice of Yvette to translate the book from German to French.
And for gifting you some beautiful animals. I really love the elephants a lot, they are such beauties! and they have so much character.
And the lions too, I think it is their expressions. Plus the lioness has her paw turned inward and that is a nice touch.

What type of biscuits did you have with your hot chocolate?
That's a nice memory associated with the beautiful anteater:)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2024 5:20 pm

Christophe, I also would love to see a walk arround of the Mojö giant anteater. However reviewed it on ATB did a very good job explaining all details but you have that special touch to get the best angles and this anteater mixes the good things of a modern toy with a sligtly vintage design. Namely that crest and general shape. I know you will be able of capturing the spirit of the sculptor. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 1:22 am

So Jolie and Rogério, I will do this walkaround soon Wink I missed the ATB review and I've just read it now. It is indeed interresting so I will do my best to show it from another point of view. Very Happy

Thank you Annette sunny Yvette is a fantastic friend cheers I agree all these Lineol have an incredible charm, it is for me one of the most ilportant Animal toys maker of all time.

About Anteaters and Biscuits, I must say the only anteater i had in my youth was the Prior and the Clairet, no Lisanto for me then Laughing So what about Biscuits? As far as I remember, Snacks were sometimes made with Palets Bretons, Speculoos and Petits Beurres, but more often they consisted of a slice of fresh bread with a crusty, buttery crust and a bar of dark chocolate on top. In my region, this slice of bread was top of the class. king

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 6:55 am

About the plastic miniature rhino... there are dozens of variants of this model and others (from the molds of Marx, Britains, etc) that have been sold in "Zoo" bags Made in Hong Kong.
So, how can you categorize your particular rhino? I have several of them with slight variations (it happens with the wildboar, the wolf, the polar bears, the pelicans or the sable of Britains, one of the wolves and an eland from Marx and others). For me, these “Made in HK” models are un a limbo...
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 10:26 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
About the plastic miniature rhino... there are dozens of variants of this model and others (from the molds of Marx, Britains, etc) that have been sold in "Zoo" bags Made in Hong Kong.
So, how can you categorize your particular rhino? I have several of them with slight variations (it happens with the wildboar, the wolf, the polar bears, the pelicans or the sable of Britains, one of the wolves and an eland from Marx and others). For me, these “Made in HK” models are un a limbo...

You're absolutely right, these copies of old Marx were a common sight. So how can I say that this one is a Floraline?
Here's a photo of our rhino when we first met. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 5:17 am

So what about June ? Rain... Palmface

First of all, a pinch of shellfish. Ever since Blaine infected me with his mania for collecting arthropod figurines, I've grown quite fond of crabs.  Bandai have recently come up with some wonderful models for their 'Diversity of life' series, but unfortunately they're too big for my displays. Fortunately, the Japanese brand had the excellent idea of offering a handful of them for a 'Diversity of life Minis' series. Perfect for me! The Minis remind me of the spirit of the Playvisions of yesteryear. Some use the same mould, but because they're articulated you can give them different poses.
Bandai Bowed fiddler crab, Japanese fan lobster, Red frog crab, two Red-clawed crabs, Tetragonal and Thick-legged fiddler crabs.  Applause

Some S&N, the new Australian magpie and Galah of course, but also the Kakapo and Orang utan.  cheers

The Schleich African buffalo and the CollectA Alpine ibex, Giant anteater and Wapiti.  I love you

I've also fallen for the African bush elephant PNSO, which explodes my 1/18 savannah.  affraid

And finally some oldies rarities. A Celluloïd Petitcollin tiger from France and two Italian Chialù in composition, a Marten and a Porcupine.  drunken

The family portrait  sunny
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 6:24 am

Great additions especially the Marten and the Porcupine! cheers cheers cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 8:31 am

cheers cheers cheers Another good choice cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 8:42 am

hahahaha! Arthropod fever is highly contagious, and Bandai makes the symptoms last lol!

I bought the whole crab set, too. I ALMOST didn't, as nothing was new, but they are 'mini' so they don't take up much shelf space.

I also got the new S&M Australian magpie. I don't feel like I needed it, but I wanted the galah and I threw in the magpie to justify shipping.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 10:26 am

Thank you Taylor, Andreas and Blaine Very Happy

I hope Bandai will make more minis in the future, they are affordable, not too big for a big collectors with less place than it should be.

Indeed justifying shopping is a very common way to increase a collection Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3 - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated september 3
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next