Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*

Go down 
+38
jarda
Nasreddin
Balaenoptera
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Wow Paige even seeing your collection in boxes one can tell it is impressive! Hope everything is smooth going forward getting it to your new home cheers
Also great new figures!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 am

your birthday gifts to yourself are all such beautiful models Paige!

good to see that you have your boxes labelled! That will help in your unpacking when the time arrives :)
impressive collection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 6:05 pm

Thank you everyone! This move has been crazy, but hopefully I can bring my collection home sooner than later.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 9:09 pm

All those boxes,I know how that feels!!!.I have moved 3 times including to another country with all my models and books!Hope you get settled quickly and congrats on the new batch of models,some real gems there!

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 11:07 pm

Congratulations first on the successful move, and only the best wishes for unpacking and finding everything has arrives safe and sound! That is so many boxes of figures!! Can't wait to someday see how you display them in their new home. :)

And wonderful additions! I especially love the kiwis and those beautiful wolves! A great birthday present.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 9:52 am

Your collection looks impressive even in boxes! I hope you can unpack them soon, but even if you can't, the longer you have to wait, the more fun it will be to unpack them, because then it's almost as if you got the figures for the first time. And you are building up a new collection already, I especially like the Japanese shark set.

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 am

Wow, I could not imagine the hassle that goes along with moving a collection. It's something I dread honestly. I hope everything survived the move alright.

I love how these figures look in the grass. Glad you got that Safari Black Bear, it's real quality figure that I don't think gets a lot of love given the glut of bears available, but I think it nails the look better than most.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Lovely newcomers again my friend

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 8:11 am

Thank you everyone!

Some more stuff after my life has had way too much excitement. 
First up was my trade with Ricardo! Thank you my friend!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then some odds and ends from ebay and thrift stores... and a few models that missed the previous trade photo shoot.

In my travels I found some Little Buster Toys models in a store for the first time in forever. Snagged some show animals and of course, rodeo bulls!

Still keeping my brother's Paposaur collection alive, alongside the Naturally Adorkable collection. Still missing the red panda and loris though... searched everywhere I can think of. If anyone has any tips on where to find these online I would GREATLY appreciate a PM. 

I have some very special purchases coming soon. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 11:25 am

Many very interesting models here! cheers cheers What are the canid and the lying cat on the first picture please?
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Some wonderful additions,congrats!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 6:57 pm

Very interesting stuff, especially in pic 1. Congrats. What is the bird of the porcupine?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 7:22 pm

Wjhat a wide selection of models, spread across species and brand and style, wow! I really enjoy looking at pictures like this, with as much unfamilar stuff as there are things I recognise. I've never seen that Little Buster brand before, do they do all farm/ranch kind of animals? I love the unusual sheep and goat!

The pigs' ears are concerning me though Laughing They look all notched like they've been repeatedly pulling out ear tags - a healed gap where it's happened once is unlucky but you do see it, but three or four times per ear on every pig is just so unlikely. Why would someone sculpt them like that? scratch

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 7:47 pm

Thank you everyone!

Alain, I am not sure what the wolf is, just a fun arctic model. The other us a genet (not sure of brand).

Andreas, I think it is a Bandai(?) horned owl

George, in the US, ear notching in domestic pigs is akin to branding horses or cattle. Obviously not a favorably looked upon practice for animal lovers, but that is the method used to identify livestock (in this case swine) as property to a ranch in the US (the specific shape and placement of the notches is indicative of ownership). As a side note, that is what the movie Old Yeller is talking about when the kid gets attacked by the feral pigs and poor Old Yeller gets savaged fending them off to save the kid.

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 8:09 pm

Oh, I've never heard of that before, I don't know much about livestock farming outside the UK. All ours have to have a unique ear tag number which is registered to the owner and location, so they can be tracked anywhere they move, and anyone can prove who owns what even if they escape and get jumbled with someone else's flock/herd by mistake. We gained an extra sheep at work a couple of years ago cos it fell in the river and got out on the wrong side, and the farmer let us keep it (cos my boss felt it deserved a long life with it's new friends after that adventure!), so the tag had to be re-registered to a new name and address.

I've never seen Old Yeller, I don't think it's shown on tv much here? Like a lot of British people my age or younger, I only know about it cos it's referenced in US tv/movies as a notoriously sad thing which upsets kids, so I've never been keen to find and watch it based on that reputation Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 8:22 pm

I am not certain how common the ear notching thing is today, as you mention, tagging seems to make more sense. The movie is a good one, but one where the dog dies in the end so I can understand why you aren't keen on it. Wink It is a good movie and represents the early pioneering settlers of the American West and its challenges. 

Anyhow, thats a great story about the sheep and I am glad it earned a long life. Very Happy

Also, Little Buster Toys are a farm life brand. Started by making heavy chutes and fences etc. and later added an animal line.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 9:09 pm

Great additions! The mole and raccoon dog are my personal favorites of the bunch, and of course that crazy colored horse and the gremlin cats. Razz Some real interesting critters in this bunch!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 9:10 pm

Thank you

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 11:48 pm

OK thank you Paige! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 9:39 pm

Great new additions. I especially like the angler fish in the first photo and the black bear in the last one. The black bear has a very interesting pose. Do you know the brand?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 9:50 pm

Thank you my friends! 

Roger it is a Naturally Adorkable Asiatic Black Bear, pretty hard to get a hold of (I am missing 2 of the models and have no leads on where to find them).

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 10:40 pm

Little mole, I know you're blind but please don't dare to look back over your shoulder, ok?? Wink
Many beautiful figures, I hope you can find the Naturalism figures missing.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 8:00 am

What a Face tongue

I never do this stuff deliberately but I LOVE when you point out my unfortunate placement of models.  Laughing

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 10:39 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Roger it is a Naturally Adorkable Asiatic Black Bear, pretty hard to get a hold of (I am missing 2 of the models and have no leads on where to find them).

Thank you. I notice that the black bear is missing from TAW. If you are happy to take an individual photo, I'll add it.

I found this: AliExpress. Probably knock offs.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 6:22 pm

Thank you Roger! That seller has the red panda I am missing, but not the loris sadly. Not sure if they would be bootlegs or not, the manufacturer was from China I think... Anyhow, thanks again!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*
Page 11 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 28  Next