Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*

Go down 
+38
jarda
Nasreddin
Balaenoptera
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 4:47 pm

You are very welcome. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 6:04 pm

I never noticed how nice is the CollectA Draft horse with a cat Very Happy I'm glad the Papo elephant join your collection, it's a very good choice. Very Happy

I'm not too much on Yowie things but the echidnae is really really nice and the piglet too drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 2:24 am

Thank you my friend. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 11:31 pm

Nice finds! Hooray for the Yowies, I hope they start showing up here. :) I live the puggle, wow, they really made it cute, haha!

What is the green and black salamander? Like him a lot. :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 4:42 am

Thank you Jill! I think you mean the Kaiyodo axolotl? Yes, the puggle is a superb rendition of a baby. :)

New! Toymany wolves arrived with some hairless "Animal Paradise" friends (they weren't marketed as Animal Paradise, but they had a tag with them upon arrival), a few thrift finds of a variant AAA giraffe, a AAA chimp female with baby (got missed in my photo shoot Rolling Eyes ), Funrise boxer and bull terrier, and then a happy score from Whitelightningwolf of the Club Earth vampire bat and Lynx!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 5:38 am

Nice newcomers, especially the Action products vampire bat and the lynx

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 8:04 pm

Lovely additions,especially the Sphynx cats!!!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 12:48 am

Taos wrote:
Lovely additions,especially the Sphynx cats!!!

I agree, these cats are splendid. sunny sunny

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 7:17 pm

The Toymany wolves are beautiful, I really love how they're made and that almost 'soft' texture to them! sunny
And the dogs, they're wonderful! The Funrise series is such a lovely one to collect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 8:41 pm

I like the Action Products! :)

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 9:44 pm

Belated thank you everyone. :)

These are largely finds at a small toy store on my coastal vacation.

The 2 dinos, 3 Papi insects, chinamal wolf and weird lynx, set of 4 crows, and axolotls are from the toy store. The crows and axolotls were sets (4 unique crow/raven figures, and 6 axolotls) from a novelty toy company called Archi Mcphee for anyone interested. I have extra axolotls for trade eventually.

The snakes are children's bracelets from a wildlife "safari" park I visited. I may be brave and try to straighten them out... the turtles too are from the park. The boxes were marked "super fun toys" for the snakes and wild republic for the turtles(the only 2 left! and the box looked old... 90s-ish?)

Everything else was either ebay or thrift store, etc. catches. The sheep is lead(?) and marked Germany. Any ideas on brand?

snakey close up

The mystery of the mahi mahi fish continues... 3rd variation. All same sort of material. similar paint application/finish if not style. some sort of ocean fishing set?

And an axolotl size comparison with friends.

One last plug. Only year, maybe 2 ago, I ONLY had like 6 insect figures... they just weren't my thing. But with this invasive Mathisonivirus going around... my hoard has swelles to numerous across groups of insects and arachnids! We all know who to blame... Wink Rolling Eyes Palmface Laughing Laughing Cool

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 9:52 pm

This kind of finds is always very interesting. I can't hlep about the lead sheep but likely the Wild Republic turtles are from late 90's, yes.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 9:55 pm

Here are the box displays for the snakes and turtles.

NOT tortoises obviously... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 10:21 am

Great catches, what brand are the ravens? And what is that under the turtle box?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 3:56 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Jill! I think you mean the Kaiyodo axolotl?
Yes, thank you!

Wonderful new additions! The vampire bat, hairless cats, and all the litter herps are my favorites! Love those little axolotles, haha. And the little baby turtles! The little crows are also very cool, nice finds!!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 4:09 pm

The Murder of Crows set and axolotls are a novelty toy brand called Archie McPhee. They have larger versions of the axolotls (rather cartoony type stylization) too. I looked, you can buy them online for anyone interested.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 4:10 pm

Thank you

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 3:51 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

The mystery of the mahi mahi fish continues... 3rd variation. All same sort of material. similar paint application/finish if not style. some sort of ocean fishing set?

One last plug. Only  year, maybe 2 ago, I ONLY had like 6 insect figures... they just weren't my thing. But with this invasive Mathisonivirus going around... my hoard has swelles to numerous across groups of insects and arachnids! We all know who to blame... Wink Rolling Eyes Palmface Laughing Laughing Cool

The Mahi Mahi are Kaiyodo knockoff, it's fun to watch all these colourful variations Very Happy

And I'm so glad I'm not the only one to be Mathisoned here Laughing

Big congratulation for your new additions Paige Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 4:27 am

Thank you! Kiki, you may be right, but there may be some subtle differences between the mahis...

New additions! I got to travel for my birthday and drive to visit my siblings' homes and families. It was wonderful to return to my old "stomping grounds" and very melancholic at the same time... Anyway, the good news is that I spoilt myself at toy stores when passing through big cities! A few ended up being busts but I think I made a decent haul and it cheeres my up after my bad news the week before.

I was on the proverbial (pasture) fence for a long time on the CollectA herefords. I still am not a great fan of the bull; he has a very small head to my eye, at least compared the bulls I knew as a child on my grandfather's farm. But obviously... I gave in.

These are technically old news... Toy many cats and an unknown dog set. Sadly mine came in rather poor condition (quite a few scratches and rubs). Not all the dog breeds are very well sculpted, but mostly I got it for the poodle, shar pei, schnauzer, and american Bully. The cats are much nicer.

FINALLY found the Mojo new wolf, and caved on the "new" CollectA. At this store for the bison, all the others had horns broken off so... beware some fragility!

Lastly, I indulged in some prehistorics and then came across an ebay find of k&m dolphins. These arent on TAW though... any ideas what set they are?

Very very lastly... the bucket thing the dogs came in. Just in case there is any info to be gleaned from it.
front

left side

back

right side

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 7:49 am

That's surely a good therapy project, turning your trip into a tour through several cities to find some figures. Very Happy I don't know these dolphins, how do they compare with the standard tube sized ones?
What about the new Mojö wolf, how much do you like it?

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 9:09 am

The dolphins and whales are from a Wild Republic tube called ´Whales and dolphins Nature Tube´ released about 5 years ago
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 12:04 pm

Nice birthday gifts :)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 1:51 pm

I am tempted by this last Mojo polar wolf! Thank uou for sharing. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 5:26 pm

It was indeed fun, and now my sister who moved back from Maine lives near a large city with at least 1 toystore of interest, and one I need to check out next time.

The dolphins here are larger and more rubbery than the standard tube figures by safari, PV, and other K&M. I found the set Balaenoptera mentioned and she is right! I am missing 3 figures (diver, beluga, and a humpback) but I wanted these for the dolphins anyhow. Here is a screenshot from Amazon for anyone interested.

I plan on doing an ATB review of the wolf I think
Its very nice, but I do have some criticism. Maybe I will do a comparison topic here soon if I find time to. But I would reccomend the model to anyone who likes wolves!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 4:33 pm

Happy belated birthday and such wonderful additions to celebrate! cheers cheers
Such an interesting dog set and I love the breeds, useful to see the bucket as well! I've never seen them before but will certainly make a mental note of them Very Happy Love the CollectA dogs too I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*
Page 20 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next