Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!

Go down 
+7
Roger
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
widukind
George
thebritfarmer
Joliezac
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyTue May 03, 2022 5:56 am

For years I have wanted Kaiyodo's massive blue whale. As the biggest animal that has ever lived, I surely wanted one in my collection cheers . But I was unhappy with all the models on the market for some time, they were much much too small Crying or Very sad

When Kaiyodo released theirs, I wanted it very badly but couldn't afford it. In just a few weeks I'm graduating from college and planning to transfer, so I figured I would finally treat myself to this massive figure.

Thank you so much to Brett and his contact in Japan, along with forum members who referred me to them. I was able to get this whale at a lower price and it shipped here in only 4 days!! Shocked Very Happy

Without further delay, here is the behemoth blue whale!  cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This photo I couldn't resist Razz

Previously, my MBA humpback was my largest whale, now this blue beauty towers over him!

Then comparisons with my Safari whales:

And my Schleich:

Then a big group photo! With Safari whales above and Schleich whales below  Very Happy

I absolutely adore this model. The markings along it are so beautiful and the sheer size makes it stand out as well. I'm very happy to see many details along it and not just a solid grey figure. I'm so happy to have it part of my collection. Its only fitting that my largest figure is the largest animal in the world.

Then some behind the scenes:

Had to get down a curtain as a backdrop and prop it up against the box it came in. Then get 5 lamps plugged in to get enough light with the windows and doors open, hopefully the photos are bright enough!

Then I think Smaug got jealous, because she ran right into the photo shoot  lol!

Here is the whale on top of my bookshelf with my others. I have an idea for a massive underwater display but I can't drill holes in my ceiling to hang my whales so I might have to put the idea on hold until I think of something else  scratch

I didn't see if this whale was on TAW so I just took a photo with a lego brick just in case.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyTue May 03, 2022 6:03 am

What a great figure! and a wonderful cetacean collection. Have you considered hanging the figures from your bookcase shelves? You could use aquarium backgrounds attached to the back and sides and hang the figures from the bottom of the above shelf.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyTue May 03, 2022 6:06 am

That is an awesome figure! So pleased for you, not only having something you've wanted for so long, but also getting a bit of a price reduction compared to what you'd thought it would cost. A treat for graduating college is definitely timely and deserved, and you'll always remember the whale went with that achievement when you look back on how your collection grew Very Happy
I love that it really is big, not just slightly-bigger-than-other-whales like most brands have to settle for, for practicality purpose. The paint details are done in an interesting way, some fainter and blurry and some more distinct and sharp.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyTue May 03, 2022 7:07 am

A wonderful whale

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyTue May 03, 2022 7:12 am

BIG congratulation Jolie, for being graduate ApplauseApplauseApplause and for getting this beautiful model drunken

I would love to catch one because of the size and design, unfortunately I won't be graduate of anything this year What a Face

Thank you for all these good pics and comparisons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyTue May 03, 2022 7:31 am

thebritfarmer wrote:
What a great figure! and a wonderful cetacean collection. Have you considered hanging the figures from your bookcase shelves? You could use aquarium backgrounds attached to the back and sides and hang the figures from the bottom of the above shelf.

Thank you! The whale is too big to fit inside my bookcases (its a small and large one sitting next to each other) so there is a divide in between. I have to experiment with my ceiling as I can only drill a few holes in it to hang things.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyTue May 03, 2022 8:58 am

Congratulations on graduating and on the big blue whale! This is really a fantastic figure. Interesting to see how you took the photos, he looks like a real film star in all the spotlights. Be careful that your ceiling doesn't collapse when you hang it onto it.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyTue May 03, 2022 11:39 am

You're close to being graduate and surely it deserves to be celebrated as something huge. That's the blue whale of your effort as a student.
I enjoy to see how happy you are with this new model. I witnessed, several times on forum, someone risking to get something out of the traditional models and the impact was not always the best. Here, it is evident you're very proud with your acquisition.
4 days is impressive, postage in Can't Stop mode. By The Way, i used your picture on TAW because it has a Lego piece but it also shows the Otherside. Wink

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyWed May 04, 2022 12:12 am

Thank you for this beautiful walkaround Jolie! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyWed May 04, 2022 7:13 am

What a magnificent animal!! Wonderful and congratulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyWed May 04, 2022 9:04 am

That is a truely impressive models affraid cheers
How good that the purchase was so easy and fast. Well done, Brett Wink

How much is the weight ?

Thankyou for the wonderful photos, and the very useful comparisons !!!! Applause Applause

Congratulation with this monumental model, and all my best wishes for your graduation from college flower sunny flower Applause

cmj3

Country/State : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 9:39 am

Congratulations. It's a very beautiful model that I'm also the proud owner of. The rest of your collection is awesome as well. I really like the Schleich calves, they're one of the few good whale figures I don't already own.

I'm a cetacean collector myself and have recently dabbled in acquiring the larger models Kaiyodo has released in the past that are retired. I got them because I was obsessed, but I really don't recommend anyone else trying to do so. They're amazing, but very rare and expensive ($600-$1300).

The exception is the MSA blue whale. This one is a soft vinyl re-cast of an older urethane kit that's rare and expensive like the others. I'm really glad Kaiyodo chose to make this move with the blue whale because trying to hunt down that urethane kit would have been absolutely awful.

I also think getting the MSA blue whale for around $300 is more practical than the PNSO blue whale (which I also own). It's twice as much for a model that's bigger with no seams, but it's also not quite as accurate as the Kaiyodo version.

Overall if there is a big whale model anyone should get, you can't go wrong with the Kaiyodo MSA blue whale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!   Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo Mega Blue Whale Walkaround With Comparisons!
Page 1 of 1