Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe

Go down 
+2
widukind
75senta75
6 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Empty
PostSubject: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptyWed 18 May 2022, 03:15

The company Georg Phil. Kienel was a German family business in Steinach/Thuringia, which also produced some mass figures.
I have no documents about the history of the company. Perhaps the following museums can help with some informations about this brand:

Museum Steinacher Spielzeugschachtel in Steinach/Thüringen

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_Steinacher_Spielzeugschachtel

DDR-Spielzeugmuseum Aschersleben
https://www.ddr-spielzeugmuseum-aschersleben.de/willkommen-im-ddr-spielzeugland.html

Since now, in my collection are only a few figures by Kienel. But thanks to Christophe my Kienel-family has grown up a little bit.
He was so kind to give me some figures by Kienel as gift some weeks ago. flower
The animals are relatively small and match to the mini series of Hausser Elastolin and Pfeiffer or alsoto  the French Starlux animals.

Here is the complete Kienel-crew. Lions and zebra are from Christophe. High from the lions up to head is only 3cm.

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6380

The Kienel lions and the Kienel zebra together with the rhino by Hausser/Pfeiffer "mini serie". All were made around 1950.
Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6381

The Kienel lions together with lions by Elastolin/Pfeiffer from the mini series

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_5749

widukind

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptyWed 18 May 2022, 03:57

Thank you again. It is hard to find these figures. You know i love the birds of these small producer.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptyWed 18 May 2022, 11:13

I love when two friends are conspiring together to find information about something that almost nobody knows about. I hope you can find more information and share with us. Great pics! Very Happy

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptySat 21 May 2022, 07:54

Widukind wrote:
It is hard to find these figures. You know i love the birds of these small producer.

Roger wrote:
I love when two friends are conspiring together to find information about something that almost nobody knows about. I hope you can find more information and share with us.
Indeed Andreas, they are really hard to find. Mostly they appear in the lots. Very rarely they are offered with their brand name. Berger also made wooden toys, e.g. cars and trucks.

Yes, much more information can be gathered that way. It's similar to a mosaic.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptySat 21 May 2022, 09:46

these figures are very beautiful! it is interesting to see how different they look in the pics from the left and the right side. The zebra seems to have the mouth open on one side but not the other.
I love the rhino, it is so elegant!
such treasures :) that was wonderful of Christophe to help you !
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptySun 22 May 2022, 08:27

Sunny wrote:
The zebra seems to have the mouth open on one side but not the other.

You have observed well, on one side the mouth is really a bit more open.

Here are some detailed photos of the Kienel animals with modern brands.

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   2022-046

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   2022-047

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6462

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6535

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6530

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6532

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6536

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6534

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6464

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6463

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6465

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptySun 22 May 2022, 09:10

Great additions, they are really cool! I love the color of the bison and the very particular, if not realistic, style of the zebra stripes. What a wonderful gift and a beautiful addition to your collection!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptySun 22 May 2022, 09:41

Ruminants are very good at opening the mouth asymmetrically. Laughing

Jill wrote:
Great additions, they are really cool! I love the color of the bison and the very particular, if not realistic, style of the zebra stripes. What a wonderful gift and a beautiful addition to your collection!

The striping on face is comb shaped. Very easy to memorize and to apply. Even modern companies use these tricks even if the painting patterns tend to be much more complex and not completely handpainted.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptySun 22 May 2022, 10:04

Makes sense. It looks a bit like he has a fancy tasseled bridle on. Razz
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptyMon 23 May 2022, 00:39

75senta75 wrote:
Sunny wrote:
The zebra seems to have the mouth open on one side but not the other.

You have observed well, on one side the mouth is really a bit more open.

Here are some detailed photos of the Kienel animals with modern brands.

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Img_6462

ha ha yes Roger is right - ruminants are very good at side to side chewing. I watch impalas eating most days and it is very visible with them and their slim faces Very Happy
the zebra is such a beauty, and the simplified stripes make it very appealing!

thank you 75senta75 for taking these comparison photos!

I have the soft plastic elastolin zebra and foal, thanks to Christophe:) and this zebra would fit right in with the size of my herd ! (1/32nd scale)
I couldn't picture their scale exactly until I saw my zebras there Wink
infact they are a prefect size for 1/32nd collectors

The hard plastic elastolin zebra looks like a beauty too. I didn't know it existed.
And then again, I've never seen the majority of these very old impressive composition models. Truly they are perfect works of art!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   EmptyMon 23 May 2022, 12:23

The photo of the Kienel and schleich elephant is Beautiful.

Applause Applause Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe    Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe   Empty

Back to top Go down

Composition animals by Kienel Germany - Newcomer as gift from Christophe
Page 1 of 1