Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!

Go down 
+16
widukind
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
landrover
lucky luke
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Ana
pipsxlch
George
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
Roger
Taos
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 6:44 pm

Thank you very much everyone. :)

My honey badgers have... grown. Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Once I found my mystery figure I looked for more. Found the 3 giants on Amazon (Didn't realize how BIG they'd be). They are very nicely sculpted pieces, if dramatized. But for me, the small PV is the gem at the moment. :) SO happy to have one!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 8:23 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 10:20 pm

Great collection of Honey Badgers-the large ones look really nice and dramatic looking!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 12:35 am

Nice comparisons, it is very important to see diferent sizes too.

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 4:52 am

I love that Play Visions honey badger!! I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 10:58 am

You have a wonderful Honey badger hive Very Happy

I had spotted the three largest but was a little hesitant. I did well, they are very well done, have original poses but are very tall and I lack space, sometimes you have to be reasonable.
Can you do individual photos for TAW?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 12:03 pm

Very interesting honey bagders, and i am totally agree with you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 12:04 pm

I never knew there were so many honey badgers in figure form, what an amazing group! cheers I love the interesting variety of poses too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 6:39 pm

Thank you my friends! I can try to take individual photos this weekend.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 8:10 pm

Did your female Mojo come with a grey back stripe trimmed with white? Mine is solid white Sad
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 8:47 pm

Mine came gray and white... strange that yours didnt. But Mojo has lots of paint variations with time, maybe you ordered an early/late version? Mine was bought later.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 10:57 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Mine came gray and white... strange that yours didnt. But Mojo has lots of paint variations with time, maybe you ordered an early/late version? Mine was bought later.

Mine was bought in 2019 or so. Paint jobs is one of the reasons I get fewer and fewer Mojo. In fact, I don't think I've gotten anything by them in at least three years
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2023 12:27 pm

Mine was bought in 2013 and came grey and white too scratch
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 6:51 pm

I won't be posting this in my TCC Finale tour for a while and I just HAVE to share him!

So, one more retelling for this guy.

I bought him off ebay thinking he would roughly be more of a Schleich or TM scale figure in their standard range. Images there were taken with only him in the image, and no size reference was in the listing. Snagged him thinking it would knock off another Jasman model from my wishlist.

Then it came in the post. I assumed the package was for one of the friends I act as middle man for... but no... the behemoth had arrived. What a Face I admit, at first I was quite shocked. This was more like a breyer traditional size, waaaaay bigger than I thought.  It is made of light plastic and has hollowed areas inside his torso. Gorgeously sculpted, if not painted, but I was scrambling to think of what to do with him! As he bounced around my house (I would pick him up, ponder what to do, wander around my house while doing that, and then put him down somewhere new) he began to grow on me... and more and more I liked his gargantuan strangeness.

So I am still looking for a "standard" sized version, but this one will stay. I have dubbed him Baeb (a derivation of Babe the blue ox from the folk tale of Paul Bunyan) and he is now the king of the (wilde)beests!  Rolling Eyes

some pictures with my other new additions at the time for comparison.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 7:21 pm

I love him and his giganticness! A god among wildebeest in that first photo, haha! I wonder if there are other animals in similar proportions. His eye makes me think of the potoo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 7:24 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 7:34 pm

Jill wrote:
I love him and his giganticness! A god among wildebeest in that first photo, haha! I wonder if there are other animals in similar proportions. His eye makes me think of the potoo. Laughing

I would think that there was some sort of giant model line that we are unaware of. Jasman has very little info on it on TAW, and only a handful of figures... as I said, I bought it expecting it to be MUCH smaller because those are the only models we know about! Now there is a GIANT mystery to solve, instead of a small figure one. Wink

Indeed, the eye looks like a potoo or aye-aye! As a funny side story, my Mom and I were video chatting some family members and this guy almost got knocked off the table we were using. I reflexibly grabbed him before he hit the floor and then subconciously was cradling it in my left arm while I used my right on the laptop (only part of the figure visible on camera). My family all started questioning my strange looking baby I was cradling and were surprised to see such an "ugly" wildebeest once I revealed the model to them. Made for a good laugh.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 8:21 pm

fabulous tribe, it's time to go for compo or plastic oldies to complete the blue pic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 9:34 pm

Impressive herd! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 8:29 pm

Not an official blue pic, but a quick snap of nearly all my ichthyosaurs and friends. As you can see, the BBC model is HUGE.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 9:24 pm

So many species and models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 9:06 am

Beautiful fleet Very Happy , I've just realised that I don't own any of the ones you're showing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 5:38 pm

Thank you my friends. :) I missed the CollectA temnodontosaurus and I think it was my mini PNSO himalayasaurus (?) for the photo...

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 12:45 am

Alright, time to revive this topic!

This one is to focus on the Jackrabbits.

My one Noah's pals is so teenie!

And then I was admiring my new Schleich moose set and took some snaps of the calves and moms.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 9:43 pm

I have the Noah's Pals Jackals and they're tiny too. The brand took the 1:24 scale in a relatively serious way. At least, there are extreme differences between the elephants and the rabbits. I wonder how is the life of a Jackrabbit as a single.

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next