Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!

Go down 
+16
widukind
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
landrover
lucky luke
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
Ana
pipsxlch
George
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
Roger
Taos
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 4:46 am

Lonely I imagine, they're rather social animals. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 6:23 am

I forgot about that new Schleich moose set with the female and baby! Really quite sad to see that newest baby with its Schleich counterparts.... Hard to believe that they're from the same company! I forgot if you showed your male moose yet... I don't have Papo's but I feel like it is bigger than the Schleich/Safari moose?

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 4:40 am

A MUCH belated request by Kikimalou! Here are your brown bears!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then some tigers... I wish the special edition had normal eyes!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 10:57 am

Shocked never seen this grey one!

About bears I have the Safari ltd and Papo ones. The Safari is the one I prefer. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 4:08 pm

Interesting, I like all these three bears in very different ways. The right one has a conspicuous hump as an American Grizly. Curiously I have the small headed one from CollectA to represent the Old World brown bear and the standing up Papo for a New World brown bear. I love both but I like those too. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 11, 2023 6:16 pm

Thank you Paige cheers I'm surprised to discover how small is the Safari Ltd, small but beautiful Very Happy And now the temptation is there Palmface Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 6:02 pm

I will share a few comparisons for you today of some new items. First up, I got 2 young smilodons this year. 
Photo with their respective families. 

My smilodon pride.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 6:12 pm

Smilodons are a good example of Papo phylosophy regarding prehistoric animals. They're much more attached to pop culture than to scientific research. Nevertheless, we have now loads of brands doing scientifically accurate models so it is good to see one of them covering the pop culture niche.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 8:37 pm

Thank you Roger. I think both aspects are needed for collectors; the pop culture and realistic/accurate versions. 

Postimage was struggling this morning... here are my other photos. 

Postosuchus! Honestly... not a fan of Schleich's.  What a Face

I think Safari's are still my favorite polar bears but I do love my new Papos. 

These cubs are the most interesting to me. The Papo I feel like represents a younger age cub, while Safari's looks a bit more mature. Thoughts?

Pandas are one of my lesser liked species... They just get a lot of fanfare when others deserve it too. But I LOVE this new Papo!

They even got the paw pads right!

And then my elephant fever culminated in this lovely adolescent Papo. 

My old Schleich finally has a friend his age. 

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 10:39 pm

Really nice comparisons! I like Mojo's 3 paint schemes for the smilodon. I personally prefer a plain coat with some stripes like Safari's. I also love that TNG smilodon but I can't seem to find them anywhere... I had some saved in my watchlist on eBay but they seem to have all disappeared. scratch

I really liked Rebor's smilodon but didn't get one because I didn't like any of the paint schemes. I'm really interested in Rebor's direwolves though... Although I think I want to see in hand photos first. Really liking the brown one Laughing

Safari's polar bears have always been my favorite because they never seemed "too fluffy" and I liked that they weren't pure white. I love the standing Papo though and the playing cubs, I don't have the walking one but its nice too! To me Safari's cub looked younger but it could just be the face looks "cuter"

I just realized I only have pandas from Schleich and Yowie... The Papo ones are nice! Although I'd say giant pandas are probably my least favorite of the bear species What a Face

Love the elephant calves

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:48 pm

Sure both aspects are important, especially nowadays that we have many options for prehistoric animals.
Polar bear was one of the easiest choices for my collection. Since I got the walking Safari, I knew I had found a perfect one. After it I got the Papo standing as a gift which I love so much and is in a completely different pose.
For a giant panda it is the other way round, for a long time my only panda figure was the sitting cub by AAA which I still preserve since it was a gift from my niece.
Later I bought in a small lot the 2012 Schleich panda with bamboo. It is like a give little importance to this species, sometimes I almost forgot it is a real species and not a cartoon. I see the new Papo is radically different from all other figures, it avoids the very chubby style of most models but I'm not sure they did not go too far in terms of elegance, if those proportions are correct for an adult panda, maybe this new Papo is a step forward but I'm not sure. It is also one of these figures which is overpriced without any apparent explication, I hope the price of this panda and the Safari mountain lion will not be used as reference for future releases.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 7:45 pm

Great selection again! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 8:09 pm

Thank you for these useful comparison pictures, I am very tempted by this TNG smilodon! drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 4:16 am

The old Papo Spanish bulls V the new. I think this represents a good example of what you were describing Roger; with the Pop Culture view as opposed to the realistic one.

The old bulls in comparison here almost look like a caricature of Spanish fighting bulls rather than the real animals.

The old ones are much more angular, and the new are much more athletic and lithe looking.

But I still love all 4 anyway.

I finally (almost) caught up on Scottish highlands! I just miss the newer Bully now.

Cows

And a mixed comparison herd

My nautilus! This is one of my favorite ocean animals.

Only the 4D Famemaster shows the siphon though.

I grew up seeing pheasants all the time and I love them still as they are such beautiful birds!

My newest mallards are TINY

And very lastly, my emus

And luckily my emu chick had some cousins come to play

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:50 am

Lovely comparisons! I just realized I still have not gotten the Schleich pheasant affraid My Papo one needs a friend

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 10:15 am

I also miss the Schleich pheasant but I'm very happy with my new Papo and old Bullyland. I was not planning to get the Papo but when I saw it in a shop I didn't have a choice. Laughing
My luck of never finding a Papo emu locally, I don't need one right? I have the Mojö Fun and the Southlands at that scale and they're beautiful. I think the average quality of the emus is superior to the average quality of the best major brands ostrich models.
You're right about the Spanish bulls, the old models are made like someone designed them from memory and they look like they are inspired in the bullfighting logo. So, if they match the popular perception of the look of this animal, the maker will feel like they did a good job. In my opinion, it is useless, the newer models are much better and they also play the same game.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 12:10 pm

Nice pics again Paige, I love the old Schleich Scottish highlands but now I know the Papo is great too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:30 pm

Lovely comparisons,especially the Ring neck pheasants. Applause

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 1:28 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

And luckily my emu chick had some cousins come to play

Great to see all these comparisons Paige! The pandas look super together as a family, all different, yet they go together very well.

I love the last pic of the babies, so cute!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 12:41 am

A belated thank you all my friends. :)

Some comparisons for some new items.

New Archie Mcphee crows are tiny, smaller than the other set I got a few months ago, and then alongside some raven friends.

Some "garden" birds comparisons with the new Archie Mcphee set.

Mice and rats with the teenie A.M. model.

Same bere but for opossums, raccoons, and squirrels.

Eyscota cat breeds with friends! I have so many Scottish folds now after I only had 1 for soooo long!

A breyer mould mini "conga line"

Some Schleich copies
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url

[url=https://postimg.cc/9zfTfgKm][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 1:02 am

I like the sizes of the ravens. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:20 am

The Archie Mcphee are far smaller than expected.
What about the small opossum ? Did I miss a Safari mini ?
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 5:54 am

Kikimalou wrote:
The Archie Mcphee are far smaller than expected.
What about the small opossum ? Did I miss a Safari mini ?

the small opossum is also from Archie Mcphee. It comes in the set with the rat, squirrel, and raccoon

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 6:35 pm

A good topic. For my webshop i have found figures in different sizes. I will share this comparison soon.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Thank you everyone!

@Kiki, as Jill said those are Archie Mcphee too. They are super tiny! The rat/mouse, opossum, squirrel, and raccoom are all from the "city critters" set. The average Safari good luck mino is quite a bit bigger actually!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!   Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Collected Comparisons. African buffalo and orangutans!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next