Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HELP WITH A RHINO!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 4:54 pm

Help with a rhino!

At first glance it is the Beton mold, but this figure is made of solid rubber.
If anyone has the remotest idea of its provenance... ... ... ???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks!
R.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 5:48 pm

Interesting, but never seen before.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 12:18 am

Beton also made a series of soft plastic figures.
Here is Christophe's rhinoceros, later version in soft plastic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stripedhyena

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 2:22 am

Thanks for the photo, Roger.
Yes, it is obvious that the mold is the same but the one in the photo I attached is made of solid rubber and it is painted... Beton made figures like this?
On the other hand, I know that a Brazilian brand called “Estrela” also produced single color plastic figures from these molds.
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 2:29 am

Those two do not look the same to me, they are similar but not the same.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 2:37 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Thanks for the photo, Roger.
Yes, it is obvious that the mold is the same but the one in the photo I attached is made of solid rubber and it is painted... Beton made figures like this?
On the other hand, I know that a Brazilian brand called “Estrela” also produced single color plastic figures from these molds.

I really don't know. Sad
TAW tells the molds were sold to Banner Plastics and in 1967 Banner Plastics was sold to Tal-Cap, a toy conglomeration in Minnesota.
I have no idea if these companies used this mold. Maybe [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can give you more useful information.

Stripedhyena

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 8:30 am

I already turned to Kiki (he's my source for rhinos) but he couldn't help me either...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 12:47 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
I already turned to Kiki (he's my source for rhinos) but he couldn't help me either...

When Kiki can't identify a rhino, it means we are en el quinto pino. Laughing
Since it is a USA related figure, our hope is Tim but let's wait, sometimes figures take a long time to be identified but it is not uncommon someone finds it out. Just tell your rhino to be patient, it seems he is already yawning. Sleep

HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP WITH A RHINO!   HELP WITH A RHINO! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP WITH A RHINO!
Page 1 of 1