Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)

Go down 
+16
Taos
Bonnie
lolavichor
lucky luke
costicuba
George
Roger
Saien
Ana
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Joliezac
widukind
MartinH
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 8:56 am

Congratulation Martin Very Happy Cucumber seasons are so cruel for collectors Laughing Many many gorgeous guys here !

I have to admit that I wasn't at all convinced by the Safari Ltd WW Okapi, so your appreciation caught my eye and if you have the time I'd love you to show us a few more pics.

By the same token, Papo Mosasaurus is missing on TAW, would you allow me to use your photo? Likewise, if you have a photo of the CollectA lllama ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 11:23 am

So many fantastic additions, my eyes starred immediately at the pangolin. :)

MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:
Oh, you got the special edition of the Spinosaurus.  It is one of the most exciting prehistoric figures of ever in my opinion. You did right getting it before it gets completely impossible to afford. It is not easy to pay in its regular price but since those figures use to get overpriced easily, earlier the better.
Thanks also for your observations about the Papo Dachshund. I honestly do not get so impressed with it in pictures, maybe because it is a wire-haired one but I was not expecting the Scottish Terrier to be so good as it is and I get always impressed with Papo dogs when I get them in my hands. I must get one of these too since I want a shorthaired and also a wirehaired.

Well I have to admit I´m bit confused about Spinosaurus... it is limited edition but it´s not that hard to get him online... :/ Daschhund is really good. Get him :)

Sorry for long repply but...
I would say Papo cheated us with the story of it being a limited edition. After all, when the figure was announced in late 2019 as a limited and updated version according to the latest research, it generated a huge impact within the collector community. It's known that dinosaur enthusiasts are plentyful and willing to invest higher amounts in figures that represent scientific novelties.
This was perhaps one of the most impactful releases of prehistoric figures that I can remember. The fact that the figure is spectacular, in the best Papo style, also helped. However, it quickly became apparent that this figure would also be outdated, notably in the interpretation of the tail, and meanwhile other manufacturers released fantastic versions with a different tail shape, causing many collectors to rethink their investment in the Papo figure, after all, we're talking about a model that costs twice as much as the standard Spinosaurus. This is where Papo delivers the final blow because in 2020, the figure is introduced into the company's regular range, remaining available for 3 years. This means that the production may not have been as limited as initially implied, and perhaps due to the price and sudden competition against other updated models, sales may not have flowed as expected. After all, in this price range, an item like this ceases to be the toy that parents buy for a child and becomes almost exclusively aimed at collectors, representing a small niche of the market.

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 3:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Martin Very Happy Cucumber seasons are so cruel for collectors Laughing Many many gorgeous guys here !

I have to admit that I wasn't at all convinced by the Safari Ltd WW Okapi, so your appreciation caught my eye and if you have the time I'd love you to show us a few more pics.

By the same token, Papo Mosasaurus is missing on TAW, would you allow me to use your photo? Likewise, if you have a photo of the CollectA lllama ?

Ofcorse I´ll send you photos of those models :) Anything else you want or need?

Safari Ltd. Okapi
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CollectA Llama

Papo Mosasaurus

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 3:36 pm

Roger wrote:

MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:
Oh, you got the special edition of the Spinosaurus.  It is one of the most exciting prehistoric figures of ever in my opinion. You did right getting it before it gets completely impossible to afford. It is not easy to pay in its regular price but since those figures use to get overpriced easily, earlier the better.
Thanks also for your observations about the Papo Dachshund. I honestly do not get so impressed with it in pictures, maybe because it is a wire-haired one but I was not expecting the Scottish Terrier to be so good as it is and I get always impressed with Papo dogs when I get them in my hands. I must get one of these too since I want a shorthaired and also a wirehaired.

Well I have to admit I´m bit confused about Spinosaurus... it is limited edition but it´s not that hard to get him online... :/ Daschhund is really good. Get him :)

I would say Papo cheated us with the story of it being a limited edition. After all, when the figure was announced in late 2019 as a limited and updated version according to the latest research, it generated a huge impact within the collector community. It's known that dinosaur enthusiasts are plentyful and willing to invest higher amounts in figures that represent scientific novelties.
This was perhaps one of the most impactful releases of prehistoric figures that I can remember. The fact that the figure is spectacular, in the best Papo style, also helped. However, it quickly became apparent that this figure would also be outdated, notably in the interpretation of the tail, and meanwhile other manufacturers released fantastic versions with a different tail shape, causing many collectors to rethink their investment in the Papo figure, after all, we're talking about a model that costs twice as much as the standard Spinosaurus. This is where Papo delivers the final blow because in 2020, the figure is introduced into the company's regular range, remaining available for 3 years. This means that the production may not have been as limited as initially implied, and perhaps due to the price and sudden competition against other updated models, sales may not have flowed as expected. After all, in this price range, an item like this ceases to be the toy that parents buy for a child and becomes almost exclusively aimed at collectors, representing a small niche of the market.

I agree with you Roger 100%! It is like klick bait... But i love it anyway :) It is a stunning piece.

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 7:50 pm

The more I see this lama, the more I enjoy it! cheers

I have this Papo mosasaur too! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 8:44 pm

I added llama and Mosasaurus on TAW. Usually two pictures are enough but since the Mosasaurus has articulated jaw it is useful to see how it looks with different positions. I think this CollectA llama is very good. I hope someone makes a comparison topic with the Safari counterpart. Very Happy

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 11:29 pm

Roger wrote:

MartinH wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes I remember when this figure was announced, I was SO excited for it but was scared for it to be ''limited edition". I pre-ordered it from 2 websites and called a local store asking if they could order one. I really didn't want to miss out. So I ended up with 2 by the end and they cost me $60+ each if I remember correctly. Now they are much cheaper and still in production Rolling Eyes

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:57 am

[/quote]
Yes I remember when this figure was announced, I was SO excited for it but was scared for it to be ''limited edition". I pre-ordered it from 2 websites and called a local store asking if they could order one. I really didn't want to miss out. So I ended up with 2 by the end and they cost me $60+ each if I remember correctly. Now they are much cheaper and still in production Rolling Eyes [/quote]

I would be pretty pi**ed... Limited edition should be something special...

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 4:48 pm

Deqube is a Spanish company based in Zaragoza. Recently, the company released a series of 10 figures of Spanish fighting bulls in two different forms and ten different color options. It is a very young company with almost 4 years that focused on the distribution of CollectA brand figures. These bulls that are now part of my collection are very similar in design and workmanship to models from Collecta. And their processing is very detailed. Each model also includes a small catalog with an overview of the bulls and their catalog number. They were launched on the market in 2019 and are part of the brand's Toro Bravo series.

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 5:38 pm

I have quite a of these models and they are superb models.I haven't seen the black bull with the white feet before though.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 6:03 pm

Great series, congratulation Martin.

the walking ones are especially impressive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 6:14 pm

Those are gorgeous!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 8:14 pm

I have some and they also produced a more little scale range.. Great collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 7:51 am

I really want to get one of these. In Portugal, we've been familiar with these animals since childhood, seeing them in events regularly aired on TV. DeQube has done an excellent job capturing their movements, expressions, and spirit, which are completely familiar to us. Unlike some other fighting bull figures, like the Schleich models, which are beautiful but don't quite capture the essence of these animals.
I'm also liking that calcetero color.

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 11:51 am

They are really wonderful! I love them so much :) Every single detail...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 1:18 pm

Wonderful toros! cheers cheers cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Nice newcomers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 6:06 pm

Stunning bulls!

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 5:49 am

Thank you guys :)

A few more reasons to be ecstatic... A unique, huge and very heavy Humpback whale from 2001 by Schleich. Another proof of the excellence of the creators of the time who modeled for this brand. It´s size and incredible amount of detail make this cetacean one of the most valuable pieces in my collection. But the second figure is really something. I knew about him, wanted him for a long time, but never had a chance to get him. Until now ... The Golden Cocker Spaniel, also from Schleich, is the figure you've wanted for years and can't stop looking at (along with Bobtail). It is beautiful and in amazing condition. It dates from 1998 and is relatively rare as it was only available for four years and has been retired for 21 years. So it comes from the golden era of Schleich dogs. Another piece from Schleich is a key ring with a Bearded Agama swinging on it, which, along with Bullyland's Sea Lion, is a bonanza to buy.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 8:54 am

Congratulations, curiously I have one of these Cocker Spaniels which I found not long ago in a 2nd hand website.

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2024 4:43 pm

Great newcomers, even the rare Bullyland Sea Lion. flower

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 10:26 am

Yes! I´m super happy about him :)

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 10:41 am

Four pieces from Papo France add to my collection... Three from the world of dinosaurs and one absolutely stunning White Rhinoceros that I kept circling around many years ago. But at the time I thought it was ugly, lacking in detail, and overall kind of weird. Today I marvel at how beautifully it has aged and how much personality it actually has.

Those representatives of the dinosaur world are Pachycephalosaurus, with whom Papo did a strange thing. Years ago they rebranded that model and started listing it as a Cub. At the same time, it has all the attributes of an adult individual and was realized in 2006 as an adult piece. The original color version of Allosaurus in grey-green which is just original and beautiful and finally the original color version of Styracosaurus in his sandy red coat. This model is incredible in its details and is one of the top models that Papo has created...

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 10:50 am

A group of beautiful older models from Schleich has expanded my collection again...

Three amazing killer whales are added to my current group. A huge blue whale in wonderful condition will probably be a bit problematic due to its size to squeeze into the display case, but somehow I will deal with it...

The dog pack will be completed by a beautiful model of St. Bernard and a very rare model of the Bobtail breed, which (apart from the Basset) I have longed for for a really long time! And now I finally have it!

All these great pieces are complemented by elephant seal (created by Maia & Borges), which was launched in 1998 and was in production for only 4 years. This model is really massive, which surprised me too...anyway, it's quite rare and I'm a bit over the moon about it. Actually, of all these catches that belong to the golden era of the Scheich brand.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 10:32 pm

That elephant seal mould was ressurrected meanwhile but I also have the "original" Schleich/Maia & Borges version. I must find one of these bobtails. Great additions Martin!

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next