Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023

Go down 
+17
jarda
Caracal
George
Taos
bmathison1972
rogerpgvg
Saien
widukind
lucky luke
Ana
WILLYBACOMAN
landrover
sunny
Joliezac
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Nov 2022, 19:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Sincerely I don't know where you read I haven't any animals in 1/24 scale.  scratch  Very Happy But yes Rogério, I never told you but I don't have 1/24 shelves, I only have 1/25 ones.  Laughing
I have even more 1/25 than 1/22 animals, but no Noah's Pals or Breyer Paddock Pal ! This place is full of  Japanese things, Safari Ltd, CollectA and even a few Starlux and Preiser Very Happy
About the 1/15 scale I fear to disappoint you, I have no focus on this one. As I said, I try to buy the models that I like regardless of their scale.
For the big critters, I think the Wildlife Wonders rhino and hippo should do the trick, but check it out. The WW Asian Elephant may have to work for a small specimen. This involves space and, in my case, an extra shelf. I only have two hippos in this collection but on the other hand there are already five white rhinos squatting on the shelves.
Well, at the same time, what is tempting is to have some BIG animals like the bison to create contrast. I should think about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I understand your disinterest for the Colorata even if some could frankly delight you. There are still two boxes that are really made for you, the reptile box and the sea turtle box. You must go for them.  Very Happy
HKH isn't a brand, these are the initials of one of the very first members of STS, I named Harriet Knibbs Hollinstone, our friend is a great artist and it's not the last model of her you will see in this topic. The thing with the oryx is Harriet asked me about it during the process and I had the great chance to give my two cents, I feel a bit like a godfather when I look at him  king

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri 04 Nov 2022, 07:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Nov 2022, 22:12

Ah OK Thank you Christophe! :)
Back to top Go down
OmegaZero

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Dec 2022, 03:46

It's really cool to read about someone else's thought process when taking the scales seriously. Great work!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Dec 2022, 15:06

OmegaZero wrote:
It's really cool to read about someone else's thought process when taking the scales seriously. Great work!

welcome here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Dec 2022, 07:05

Welcome OmegaZero, thank you.

Stay tune I will post pics and thought about my 1/18 shelves this week-end Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri 17 Mar 2023, 20:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Dec 2022, 07:22

Just saw this topic, really amazing! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
OmegaZero

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Dec 2022, 20:08

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to seeing your 1:18 as well.
Back to top Go down
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Dec 2022, 13:12

I love this kind of thread, very informative!

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023, 18:33

Since I added the Mojo Red Kangaroo bull, my 1/15 Australian family need an update. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023, 19:22

Very beautiful 1/15 scale batch! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023, 19:58

It's interesting to see how small the tree kangaroo is compared to the other kangaroos. The two platypus look great. Who made them? It looks like the koala and grey kangaroo are also very intrigued by them.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023, 20:04

Which Tree kangaroo Roger ? You mean the Yellow-footed rock-wallaby ?

About the Platypus, they are Noah's Pals "1/25" Rolling Eyes and teh Grey kanfaroo who survey themis a Red-necked wallaby.

By the way, I splitted my topic in two, on for the 1/15 and one for 1/18. Wink I will show another scale next week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023, 21:20

So nice to see other Australian animal figures which fit nicely with the Southlands. What about the other Southlands models, you don't have them or they do not fit at this scale in your opinion? I'm not asking the platypus, I know it is somewhat large and it is a good idea to use the Noah's Pals.
thanks for giving an individual topic for each scale, it is much nicer like that.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023, 21:30

Superb figures and photos! Those red roo bucks look ready to rumble.  Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023, 21:35

Ah, yes, rock wallaby, I was confused. I thought the platypuses had a Noah's Pals style, but I thought that couldn't be right because of the scale.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023, 04:18

Roger wrote:
So nice to see other Australian animal figures which fit nicely with the Southlands. What about the other Southlands models, you don't have them or they do not fit at this scale in your opinion? I'm not asking the platypus, I know it is somewhat large and it is a good idea to use the Noah's Pals.
thanks for giving an individual topic for each scale, it is much nicer like that.

I have all the Southlands except the horses. The others are in their places in their respective scales. In fact I decided to trade my opinions for measuring instruments 😊

rogerpgvg wrote:
Ah, yes, rock wallaby, I was confused. I thought the platypuses had a Noah's Pals style, but I thought that couldn't be right because of the scale.

Roger, you know like me that you shouldn't believe what the brands say about scales 😊

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Superb figures and photos! Those red roo bucks look ready to rumble.  Applause

Yes, they told me there must be only one… I say NO ! 😂

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat 18 Mar 2023, 19:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023, 10:56

It is interesting. My local collector friends are interested in the scales

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023, 15:44

This has been really interesting to read so far, and you have a beautiful collection and eye for matching styles. This type of collecting is I think on the far end of the spectrum from how I collect, and so it is a look into a very different kind of brain than my own! Scale is too much math for me to even feel remotely interested in collecting by it, but seeing them together in the correct scale, I begin to understand the appeal. I have always been much more interested in only how the individual looks and not how it looks alongside others--or, it mattered how it looked alongside its own kin, in a complete set for instance. Or maybe a good way to say it is my display and collecting style accentuates them as figures and toys, and this moves them into something else, more diorama or illusion of reality. This creates a museum effect, something artistic and intentional. I loved hearing how you make choices, and I can see where especially the contrasting styles could make choices difficult. I look forward to seeing more, because I think I will enjoy looking at the result of someone else's loving labor more than I would ever enjoy doing it myself. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023, 15:47

Great photo and lovely models! cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023, 20:18

Thank you Andreas and Taylor  Very Happy

Jill wrote:
This has been really interesting to read so far, and you have a beautiful collection and eye for matching styles. This type of collecting is I think on the far end of the spectrum from how I collect, and so it is a look into a very different kind of brain than my own! Scale is too much math for me to even feel remotely interested in collecting by it, but seeing them together in the correct scale, I begin to understand the appeal. I have always been much more interested in only how the individual looks and not how it looks alongside others--or, it mattered how it looked alongside its own kin, in a complete set for instance. Or maybe a good way to say it is my display and collecting style accentuates them as figures and toys, and this moves them into something else, more diorama or illusion of reality. This creates a museum effect, something artistic and intentional. I loved hearing how you make choices, and I can see where especially the contrasting styles could make choices difficult. I look forward to seeing more, because I think I will enjoy looking at the result of someone else's loving labor more than I would ever enjoy doing it myself. Laughing

There's a misunderstanding about what I'm actually doing Jill and it's probably my fault.  Embarassed  We're not as far away as you think.  Wink
In reality, I don't collect by scale, that's absolutely not what motivates my choices. Collecting is for me a love affair between a figurine and me, that's all.

I know you follow my thread about my additions: I have a crush on very varied, vintage, very very vintage, mainstream, Japanese, Chinese or improbable figurines.  Very Happy
On the other hand, I don't like to "collect" in boxes, my little darlings have to be exposed.

The appearance of the individual is therefore essential for me, but the appearance of my collection is just as important. I build it as one builds a “cabinet of curiosities”. Each piece of the puzzle must have enough interest in itself but the whole puzzle must still transcend all that, be much more than the sum of small wonders but a "wonder" in itself. At least I try  Laughing
Like you, I seek to create a museum effect, something artistic and intentional.
So what to do when you have a herd of thousands heads and you have to show them to the public in the best possible way? There are plenty of possibilities and all are fine… Only you have to choose.  scratch
For a few years I divided my collection into four, then into five by force of circumstance. There is my collection of vintage Compositions, vintage Metals and vintage plastics. in these three collections the animals are not presented by scale or by brand but in a joyful and very studied jumble (unfortunately two of these three collections are for the moment partly boxed but I do not despair of finding a real solution before the end of the year).
There is also a last mysterious collection, the one I call the Hobbit collection because I didn't choose it, because it gradually imposed itself on me and makes me think of Bilbo the Hobbit “an unexpected journey”.

Finally, for the modern miniatures, I chose to present them by scale, that's all, I don't collect by scale, it's just a presentation, even if it takes time.
In fact, presenting the figurines by scales is the best way to free myself from scales.
Nothing annoys me more in this hobby than comments like “too big” or “too small”, for who? Why ? At one time I even made my walkarounds or photos for TAW, absolutely avoiding anything that could indicate the size of the model, to be sure not to read these laconic comments “too big!” "Too small!". What a Face I am convinced that our little toys deserve better than that. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Mar 2023, 20:36

I had not forgotten your incredible vintage collection by any means! It is full of pieces that have inspired me in that direction in my own collection, and absolutely I can imagine them together as a curated museum. A different type of museum--not a natural history one, like I imagine these scale projects, but one about history and artistry. More I was thinking of these scale exhibitions as one piece of your collecting--and I see what you mean, scale is not so much how you collect, but how you display, and that works out very nicely in the end, it seems! You pick out figures that appeal regardless of their scale and then find a home for them. For me, though, it hardly matters--either way is too much for me. Laughing It is like a puzzle, and I am very bad at puzzles and precision. I like to enjoy the end product completed by someone else. Wink Your motivations for determining scale are interesting. I have not been in the collecting community long enough to hear any debate about sizes and scales (or I haven't paid attention to them, because maybe they are less relevant to my areas of interest), but what a clever answer to the idea altogether. Thank you for elaborating, I never get tired of hearing the particulars of why people collect what they do. My idea of collecting had always been "get all of the set" (or at least all of the sets you like), because I had always collected things that came in sets.

You Hobbit collection sounds really interesting! I'm glad to hear that they all get to be on display and not in boxes. I am also envious, but I suppose that comes from curation and careful selection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - 1/15 shelves - updated March 17 2023
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2