Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thomas-asa

thomas-asa

Country/State : Germany

File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats Empty
PostSubject: File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats   File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 12:59 pm

I have two questions:
1. is it possible to upload more than 3 images at once?
2. is it possible to upload EXCEL worksheets or other formats than image files?

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats   File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 10:29 pm

1. Sure it is possible to upload more than three pictures at once. Where is it happeneing?
2. No, you can't share an excel file embbed in a post or do you mean as attachment to be downloaded by other members?

thomas-asa

PostSubject: Re: File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats   File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 11:39 pm

Roger wrote:
1. Sure it is possible to upload more than three pictures at once. Where is it happeneing?

I use the "Host an image" button on the far left.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Then when I upload more than 3 images, I get the following message:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Of course I can delete the first three pictures and upload 3 again ... until I have all the pictures I want in the post.
Mostly I also have text between the pictures. But especially with workarounds you sometimes have many pictures without text. Is there a better way ?
By the way: is there a limit to the number of images in a post or a recommended number, after which one should better split a post ?

Roger wrote:
2. No, you can't share an excel file embbed in a post or do you mean as attachment to be downloaded by other members?
For example, I have a table with all prehistoric figures from CollectA with item number, description, ... or a alrge Text with images as PDF or ...
I would like to make this available to all interested members. Of course, the table does not have to be readable in the post. If I could attach it for download, that would be fine. But I can't find a way.

Thanks for your patience Roger.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats   File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 12:57 am

I dislike the forum image hosting service. I recomend you to use
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can upload many pictures at once generating codes for all of them at once too and copy to your forum post. Try it, you'll enjoy it.

There's no limit or recomendation of a maximum number of pictures, we only have a 65000 characters limit for each post but even considering all the code generated by pictures, it allows a lot of text and pics.
Just avoid uploading very large pictures because some pages may take a lot of time to upload.

Forum allows sharing attachments with thumbnails and so but this option is deactivated. We try to keep the forum as simple as possible and features which are not used, we tend to disable them. I can activate it for you but it will require Admins to manage the storage which is surely small because this is a free forum. You can store them externally and link here for download. Though, if it is really important, I can activate it, at least as long as you need.

thomas-asa

PostSubject: Re: File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats   File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 11:07 am

Roger wrote:
I dislike the forum image hosting service. I recomend you to use
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ...

Thanks again for the information and the offer to give me admin rights if needed. I will have a look at postimage. I will link files of other formats via my website.
That you don't upload images in full resolution should be self-evident. I always change the size by batch job with the freeware IRFANVIEW to 1600 pixels for the longest side.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats   File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats Empty

Back to top Go down

File Uploads: more than 3 images or other formats
Page 1 of 1