Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)

Go down 
+4
Saarlooswolfhound
Mitsukuni
Taos
teardrop
8 posters
AuthorMessage
teardrop

teardrop

Country/State : Bulgaria

WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) Empty
PostSubject: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 9:32 am

For me, it is always a real pleasure to find new (meaning, unknown for me so far) well-made cats and dog models, especially felines I love you
While browsing here and there, I discovered the so called "Wonderful Cat's" (spelling?!) or "Cat's Story" set, designed by WingMau Products Development Ltd.  The leaflets for each model seem to be in Japanese, so it was probably produced for the Japanese market. The size is between 4 and 5 cm, made from phthalate free PVC, with (seems to be) solid painting.
In the WM website they are described as "8-styles Lovely Mini Cat" code WM-5547HP: link.

Leaflet back
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Unfortunately, the seller also did not have the complete collection, but I hope I can get the other two models and show it here :)

Scottish Fold 1

Scottish Fold 2

Scottish Fold 2+ leaflet

American Curl 1

American Curl 2

Persian 1

Persian 2

Yet again, this looks like another product with detailed species information - would be a great idea for the "major" models makers Wink

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 3:26 pm

Very nice looking cats and good to see rarer breeds as well. Smile

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 3:31 pm

I love these cats and American curls are my favorite cat breed! Definitely adding these to my wishlist:) thank you for sharing!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 4:29 pm

Superb! What splendid cat breeds in toy form. Excellent models, congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 6:42 pm

I also found these interesting dog models on their website-now need to find out how to acquire them!!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 11:07 pm

oh ho! The "dangerous" dogs especially are exciting breeds!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 11:23 pm

Nice set of cats. Not crazy about emphasizing dangerous/hostile dog breeds, but that's me.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 1:19 am

Ah Wing Mau. The person who figures out how to acquire their line will make a fortune off us model collectors!
I bought a set of WM goldfish from an eBay vendor I contacted located in Hong Kong. He was able to find the set for me. Maybe try that route?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 4:22 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Nice set of cats. Not crazy about emphasizing dangerous/hostile dog breeds, but that's me.

I very much agree. I am surprised that they didn't go the "HoodHound" route and make them in aggressing sculpts given the theme they are using. But I am very glad they chose very docile and relaxed looking postures.  But these are breeds I NEVER thought would be made in toy form at all... the Tosa Inu, Ovcharka, Tibetan Mastiff, and Fila Brasileiro especially. I would love to have this set.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 5:11 pm

Wonderful figures Maria. Interesting to see real figures and not only catalogue pictures. You have a seller for Wing Mau?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
teardrop

teardrop

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 7:12 pm

WingMau models are quite difficult to be found in China, or at least for me, although I try to search in Chinese with various hints and words. May be they are older models, or produced in smaller quantities, or too popular, or I am not looking at the right places :) And, for these that I have recognized so far - they are sold by different names w/o any reference to WM Products Development ltd. company. These cats, for example, I have discovered by chance (browsing for cat models) and only after looking at the leaflet published in the ad, there was no reference to WingMau in the subject/shop/description of the listing.

By the way, I forgot to mention above that the models do have WM brand stamp with the breed name.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptyMon Jan 23, 2023 7:34 pm

teardrop wrote:
WingMau models are quite difficult to be found in China, or at least for me, although I try to search in Chinese with various hints and words. May be they are older models, or produced in smaller quantities, or too popular, or I am not looking at the right places :) And, for these that I have recognized so far - they are sold by different names w/o any reference to WM Products Development ltd. company.  These cats, for example, I have discovered by chance (browsing for cat models) and only after looking at the leaflet published in the ad, there was no reference to WingMau in the subject/shop/description of the listing.

By the way, I forgot to mention above that the models do have WM brand stamp with the breed name.

It is very very interesting. I think on chinese websites are many treasures to find

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 1:45 am

I love these cats, thank you for sharing! Another series for the wishlist. Very Happy

Are the dogs the same size or larger? I see the size there, but unfortunately my brain doesn't translate millimeters very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)   WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :) Empty

Back to top Go down

WingMau Cats - Specially for Cat Lovers :)
Page 1 of 1