Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou   PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 8:46 pm

Second walkaround of the day, lazy people when they get down to it, they get down to it !  Laughing

Amargasaurus cazaui ! That's a pretty name for a fantastic sauropod. This handsome Argentinian danced the tango at the beginning of the Cretaceous. Small for a sauropod, 9 to 13m long, it shines mainly because of the two parallel rows of tall spines along its neck and back, taller than any other known sauropod. We don't know if these thorns came out naked from the animal or if it served as a skeleton with two veils of skin. PNSO avoided choosing, our friend has half-covered thorns and I find that very successful.

It's been a long time since I wanted to welcome such an animal in my collection but until now no model had convinced me.
And then PNSO produced this little marvel in 2019 at a prohibitive price for me at the time. In 2021, the brand reissued the model with a new paint job, in 2023 I thought life was too short to be reasonable and broke the bank.

PNSO specifies that Lucio (that's his name) is at 1/35 scale but with my bad habit of measuring everything I find that the scale varies between 1/22 and 1/32. So it joined my 1/30 fauna.

Alright, here are the pics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With a yellow mole rat

The basis, I guess you you guessed

With a 1/30 PNSO Lambeosaurus

With the wonderful 1/30 Safari Ltd Nigersaurus

With the fantastic 1/30 Safari Ltd Sauropelta

With the nice 1/30 Papo Asian elephant bull
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou   PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 8:51 pm

Nice dinosaur

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou   PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 11:09 pm

Thank you Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou   PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 11:54 pm

Absolutely superb figure! Very graceful for a beast of that size, wonderful pose. I love how the spines play with the painting. PNSO is really the brand of the dinosaurs. Curiously, among your comparisons, my favorite one is with the Sauropelta.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou   PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:02 am

It's gorgeous 😍 I love everything about it. Somehow it looks like an enchanted dragon while still being realistic.
Thank you for the great photos and comparisons. Even the base looks great 😃

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou   PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:46 am

Amargasaurus is a genus I had a very difficult time deciding on. I finally went with the old Safari Carnegie figure based on sculpt and size (so many Amargasaurus figures are really big next to other sauropod figures that represent larger species)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou   PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 1:45 pm

Thank you my friends Very Happy

Yes Rogério, the Safari ltd and the PNSO works together very well, they are both great models but sometimes this is not enough for them to coexist well together. These two were made for each other I love you

Yes Blaine, if you want to show them by genus then the Carnegie is a good choice. Presenting your collection by scale allows real freedom from this point of view, whatever the size, a model is almost certain to find friends.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou   PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO Lucio the Amargasaurus: a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1