Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024

Go down 
+16
75senta75
Oryx7557
Taos
Chris Sweetman
landrover
Ana
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Kikimalou
Roger
Caracal
Jill
sunny
Stripedhyena
Bonnie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 5:22 pm

Those are very charming rhinos, each one in their own way 😀

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Two hundred years of CBG Mignot, that's amazing! It must be one of the oldest toy manufacturers. From which period is your rhino? Do I understand correctly that this rhino is still made?

Merten also made good-looking animal figures, especially for a railway model company.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 6:35 pm

Thank you Rogério, Andreas, Anna and Roger Very Happy

Many of these food brands have since disappeared, the world before had more national boundaries but also a lot more different companies.
I don't know if you can call my way a proactive approach, let's just say I'm curious. Laughing

Yes Anna there are so many different ways of being charming! cheers

As far as I know CBG Mignot is the oldest toy manufacturers. I can't tell exactly from which period is the rhino but I think it is from the 1930's and yes it is still made. Look at HERE

Merten made a great 4cm series and fine animal figures indeed. They were very realistic for their time.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 7:04 pm

Thanks, Mignot still makes quite a few animal figures. I need to find out which ones are 1/32 scale.

TAW says that Mignot started in 1872. Perhaps that needs to be changed?

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 8:57 pm

As I don't collect metal I didn't know CBG Mignot was a so ancien brand and that the brand still survives!

beautiful models and pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 9:53 pm

You know, yesterday I visited Zoo Blijdorp again and I saw this sculpture and I thought it would fit in Kikimalou collection 😁
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 10:39 pm

Always learning from these rhinos, I never knew anything about there being a history of animal figures associated with food and cleaning supplies! Where they something you had to buy the product to get, included with the product or something you sent away for? I'm very familiar with prizes being included in breakfast cereal for instance, is it the same concept?

All very interesting and lovely figures! Some of them with a lot of personality!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2024 7:47 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks, Mignot still makes quite a few animal figures. I need to find out which ones are 1/32 scale.
TAW says that Mignot started in 1872. Perhaps that needs to be changed?

I will change it Wink The C.B.G. trademark was registered in 1874, but the adventure began in 1825 with Augustin Cuperly, who produced the first pewter toys and married Alexandrine Blondel in 1838. Their daughter married Sosthène Gerbeau in 1858. So that's it for the initials CBG.
It was in 1897 that Henri Mignot, Mr Cuperly's grand-nephew, was taken on. He took over as head of the C.B.G. Mignot company in 1912 and gave it a tremendous boost both in France and internationally.

Caracal wrote:
As I don't collect metal I didn't know CBG Mignot was a so ancien brand and that the brand still survives!

beautiful models and pictures! cheers cheers

Thank you Alain Very Happy

Ana wrote:
You know, yesterday I visited Zoo Blijdorp again and I saw this sculpture and I thought it would fit in Kikimalou collection 😁

Want it bounce bounce bounce Laughing

Jill wrote:
Always learning from these rhinos, I never knew anything about there being a history of animal figures associated with food and cleaning supplies! Where they something you had to buy the product to get, included with the product or something you sent away for? I'm very familiar with prizes being included in breakfast cereal for instance, is it the same concept?

All very interesting and lovely figures! Some of them with a lot of personality!

Yes it is the same concept than nowadays breakfast cereal premiums. I'm glad you enjoyed them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 11:43 am

Tuesday came and went, as did Wednesday and Thursday, and finally it's this morning that I'm finding a bit of time to present the week's Indian rhinos.  Sleep
Today it's Mr 98 and 99's turn. I'd promised around sixty rhinos and I've ended up doing more than I expected.
This is also the last post for the moment, I still have quite a few things to show you but it won't be until September. I hope to see you then.  Very Happy

But let's talk about our beasties.
Before meeting other collectors and taking part in the STS adventure, the Kingdom of Denmark was synonymous with Lego. It was here, thanks to Suzanne, that I discovered the brands Danolin, NeoForm and finally Kai Reisler.
The latter is the great Danish toy manufacturer of the 50s. The brand produced a series of more than 50 wild animals in hard plastic. From 1962 onwards, Reisler gradually switched to soft plastic for all its toy soldiers. Personally, I've never come across any soft plastic animals.
Born in 1955, the Rhinoceros is in the spirit of the brand, not necessarily realistic but with a lively and original look, as well as a very good paint job. I'm sure Danish kids of that era had lots of great adventures with toys like these.

For Mr 99, departure for the USA, Macau and France with the Marx, Injecta Plastic and Floraline brands.
Marx because this little rhino is very much inspired by the great Marx presented [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It had many brothers, produced by Marx itself or by countless Hong Kong copiers.
Injecta Plastic because it doesn't come from HK but from Macau (it's written on its back). French brands have often called on this company to produce the premiums offered with their product.
Floraline because it was in the tins of Floraline, a preparation made from wheat semolina and tapioca manufactured by Rivoire et Carret, that children could find this little rhino and a whole series of wild animals. The series probably dates from the 60s or 70s.

Let’s dance  cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 3:29 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 5:18 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 9:39 pm

I always assumed the Reisler was a black rhino, but now I realise that it indeed has more Indian rhino characteristics. It misses a few warts; perhaps it could borrow some from the Floraline. I have often wondered whether the Reisler is 1/32 scale. What is its shoulder height?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 10:02 am

It is uneasy to measure because of the legs position but I would say 5cm at shoulders.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 10:40 am

Thanks a lot. That's large enough, at least for a female.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2024 12:23 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
I always assumed the Reisler was a black rhino, but now I realise that it indeed has more Indian rhino characteristics. It misses a few warts; perhaps it could borrow some from the Floraline. I have often wondered whether the Reisler is 1/32 scale. What is its shoulder height?

Actually, I was thinking the same. My opinion is that the starting point of this sculpture was a black rhino which was gradually modified to assume some Indian rhino features. So, it is a Indian rhino which looks a lot like a black rhino.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 07, 2024 8:00 am

Roger wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:

Actually, I was thinking the same. My opinion is that the starting point of this sculpture was a black rhino which was gradually modified to assume some Indian rhino features. So, it is a Indian rhino which looks a lot like a black rhino.

Funny and surprising, I had never imagined that it could be a Black rhinoceros. Even without the warts, the folds in the skin, the unique horn and even the shape of the head always led me to think of an Indian rhino.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024   Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024 - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's Indian rhinoceros collection updated July 5 2024
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13