Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024

Go down 
+7
landrover
Buzzcocks
Taos
lucky luke
Roger
widukind
Kikimalou
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptySun Aug 25, 2024 7:27 pm

The arrival in my jungle of Papo Capuchin and Guinea Fowl was an opportunity to take a few photos. As the two newcomers have taken up residence on the 1/9 floor of my displays, I used the opportunity to take a look around.
With 50 residents, this scale is more focused on new world fauna (over 70%). Here, birds are almost on an equal footing with mammals (19 against 22), leaving only 8 places for reptiles and one for a fish.

A little geographical Safari?

Sub-Saharan Africa: Epoch Egyptian vulture, Schleich White-backed vulture,
PlayVisions Abyssinian genet, Papo Helmeted guineafowl and African fish eagle, Colorata Saddled bichir
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jura (France): Bullyland Red kite, Long-eared owl and Western capercaillie

Tibet: Botb Chinese desert cat and Naturally Adorkable Tibetan sand fox

India: Yujin Indian flapshell turtle and Mojo Indian pangolin

China: Kitan Club Chinese softshell turtle, Kaiyodo Chinese pond turtle and Large-billed crow, Safari Ltd Golden snub-nosed monkey

Wyoming (USA): PlayVisions Black-footed Ferret, Safari Ltd American black bear, American badger and Great Horned Owl, Kaiyodo Barn owl and M+B Common loon

Florida (USA): Papo Raccoon and Alligator snapping turtle, Kaiyodo Burrowing owl, Mojo Eastern diamondback rattlesnake, Safari Ltd Cottonmouth, Schleich Nine-banded Armadillo and Striped skunk, M+B Wood duck

Panama: PlayVisions Northern crested caracara, Bullyland Green iguana, BotB Kinkajou, Papo White-faced capuchin and Schleich Nine-banded Armadillo

French Guyana: Schleich Guiana squirrel monkey, Botb Bush dog, Mojo Linnaeus's two-toed sloth and Tamandua, Safari Ltd Red-faced spider monkey and Golden-handed tamarin

southwestern Amazon basin: Schleich Blue-and-yellow macaw, Safari Ltd Emperor tamarin and King vulture, Kaiyodo Spectacled owl

Brazilian Cerrado: Eikoh Six-banded armadillo, Safari Ltd Maned wolf and Kaiyodo Striped owl

A few family portraits

Anteaters

Monkeys

Wild dogs

Other carnivores

Procyonidae

Turtles

Other reptiles

Raptors

The whole owls

Other birds ( Embarassed the 1/8 Red-throated loon is a mistake)

As usual, you can also have a look at my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] floors of my collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptySun Aug 25, 2024 7:45 pm

Many interesting stuff. A little bit feeling of the old days here. And between the PV Caracara?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptySun Aug 25, 2024 7:52 pm

Such beautiful animal figures converged into this scale.
Intteresting that so many figures from major brands, traditionally considered too large by the traditional collectors of these brands, fit into this scale.
That's a scale with some tradition and to stay repetitive, it's the called traditional scale in Breyer world.
It won't be easy to find a giant anteater at 1:9 scale, eventually the AAA but I'm not sure it is the right size and that you enjoy it. Though, this project is asking for one.
Fantastic also the different assortment when comparing it with your last topic about lifesized animals. Though, it is not impossible to find a bullfrog at this scale.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptySun Aug 25, 2024 7:54 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptySun Aug 25, 2024 8:21 pm

So many many beautiful models and your scaling is superb!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Buzzcocks

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptySun Aug 25, 2024 8:39 pm

Great pictures! Really love them! First ginea figure I see
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 1:43 am

Many tresures here, The wild dogs are beautiful.

Your collection is fantastic Applause Applause Applause

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 2:43 am

So many gorgeous models!! I love seeing them all together as a mix of brands along with artist pieces such as BotB.

I hope Papo one day rereleases the snapping turtle. I love that Eikoh armadillo & Naturalism Tibetan fox!

I love the bird group photos! cheers I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 7:44 am

widukind wrote:
Many interesting stuff. A little bit feeling of the old days here. And between the PV Caracara?

I will try to open more "good old days" topics Wink What do you mean about the PV Caracara, between what ?

Roger wrote:
Intteresting that so many figures from major brands, traditionally considered too large by the traditional collectors of these brands, fit into this scale.
That's a scale with some tradition and to stay repetitive, it's the called traditional scale in Breyer world.
It won't be easy to find a giant anteater at 1:9 scale, eventually the AAA but I'm not sure it is the right size and that you enjoy it. Though, this project is asking for one.
Fantastic also the different assortment when comparing it with your last topic about lifesized animals. Though, it is not impossible to find a bullfrog at this scale.

Too large, too small... What a pity Palmface Laughing
I forget about the Breyer traditional scale. For the AAA Anteater, if it's between 20 and 24cm long, it could do the job, even if it's not my favourite model. An American bullfrog would measure around 2cm on this scale. For the moment, the only one I have is the Yujin and it is on the 1/3rd floor. As for differences in assortment, this is one of the collateral joys of presentation by scale. Very Happy

lucky luke wrote:
Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny

cheers sunny flower

Taos wrote:
So many many beautiful models and your scaling is superb!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thanks Taylor Very Happy

Buzzcocks wrote:
Great pictures! Really love them! First ginea figure I see

Thank you Buzzcocks, Guineafowls are indee quite rare in the toy world. Very Happy

landrover wrote:
Many tresures here, The wild dogs are beautiful.

Your collection is fantastic Applause Applause Applause

Thank you Fernando, I'm happy you like this collection. cheers

Joliezac wrote:

So many gorgeous models!! I love seeing them all together as a mix of brands along with artist pieces such as BotB.

I hope Papo one day rereleases the snapping turtle. I love that Eikoh armadillo & Naturalism Tibetan fox!

I love the bird group photos! cheers I love you

Thank you Jolie, I had also missed the Papo tortoise, fortunately it was able to join my collection thanks to the kindness of Rogério. cheers
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 8:55 am

Your so beautiful pictures remember some ancient naturalists wonderful leaves! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 4:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Roger wrote:

Too large, too small... What a pity  Palmface  Laughing
I forget about the Breyer traditional scale. For the AAA Anteater, if it's between 20 and 24cm long, it could do the job, even if it's not my favourite model. An American bullfrog would measure around 2cm on this scale. For the moment, the only one I have is the Yujin and it is on the 1/3rd floor. As for differences in assortment, this is one of the collateral joys of presentation by scale.  Very Happy

I checked some online sales and the anteater is said to measure 9 inches, so it is apparently good for this scale. Though, the main rule of your cllection is that you buy what you like and I understand you. This figure was offered to me twice and I refused. Maybe, now that I am an anteater collector, it would be a good addition to me but, not being a bad figure, it does not pair in quality with most of the other members of this section of your collection. About the bullfrog, it is not impossible but really small animal for this scale.

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 4:56 pm

Very interesting comparisons and beautiful models! cheers Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 5:32 pm

Caracal wrote:
Your so beautiful pictures remember some ancient naturalists wonderful leaves! cheers cheers drunken

Merci Alain, I'm a big fan of the D'Orbigny's pictures, thank you for the compliment Very Happy

Roger wrote:

I checked some online sales and the anteater is said to measure 9 inches, so it is apparently good for this scale. Though, the main rule of your collection is that you buy what you like and I understand you. This figure was offered to me twice and I refused. Maybe, now that I am an anteater collector, it would be a good addition to me but, not being a bad figure, it does not pair in quality with most of the other members of this section of your collection. About the bullfrog, it is not impossible but really small animal for this scale.

This is terrible news, there's a Giant anteater on this scale and it's far from being my favourite. Even if I'm not a fan, the temptation is there now. Palmface

The only American bullfrog I know that could reach that floor are the Safari Ltd toob one and the Peterkin. The Safari Ltd seems very mediocre and the Peterkin is nowhere to be found.

Saien wrote:
Very interesting comparisons and beautiful models! cheers Applause

Thank you so much Andrea sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 6:18 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

I will try to open more "good old days" topics  Wink  What do you mean about the PV Caracara, between what ?

Is that crested caracara by the raptors between the Epoch egyptian and the Schleich vulture not PV?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 6:22 pm

Yes it is the PV
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2024 10:24 pm

There is a great variety of animal types at this scale, with mammals, reptiles and birds all well represented. Great to see a big bear for comparison too. I like the fact that you don't only show the animals by scale but also by region. I think that's how they are displayed on your shelves too, is that right?

So many beautiful models, impossible to name favourites. Perhaps one: the Safari Ltd Emperor tamarin.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 8:21 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
There is a great variety of animal types at this scale, with mammals, reptiles and birds all well represented. Great to see a big bear for comparison too. I like the fact that you don't only show the animals by scale but also by region. I think that's how they are displayed on your shelves too, is that right?

So many beautiful models, impossible to name favourites. Perhaps one: the Safari Ltd Emperor tamarin.

The Emperor tamarin thanks you Very Happy

Displaying by scale, I quickly realised that a wide variation in size on the same shelf was essential to give depth to the collection. Having an elephant or a turkey on display with a diplodocus gives a real perspective. It's the same for large scales: in 1/9 scale, the Baribal and the Alligator snapping turtle make all the difference. I'm delighted because it's one more excuse to collect Safari ICs or WWs and the like...

I try as far as possible to present the animals geographically, even if I can't show them exactly as they appear in the photos because of a lack of space.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 10:15 pm

I agree, you need a larger model for perspective with the smaller models. When there is no elephant or giraffe on the back of my shelf to contrast with the smaller animals, then the shelf doesn't look as good.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 11:20 am

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024   Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/9 shelf - updated August 25 2024
Page 1 of 1