Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024

Go down 
+6
rogerpgvg
Roger
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
Kikimalou
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 Empty
PostSubject: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 6:43 pm

48! that's the number of beasties that are too small to reach the 1/1 floor and too big to live in the 1/2. So I had to open a shelf for the 1/1.5 scale.
Here it's all down to Japan and a bit of frogs too.

The Geographic pics

Cameroon: CollectA Cameroon sailfin chameleon and Safari Ltd Senegal bushbaby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Madagascar: The so lonely Colorata False tomato frog

Europe: Papo Common wall lizard and Kaiyodo Eurasian harvest mouse

Asia: Yujin Banded bullfrog, Colorata Green flying Frog and Long-nosed horned frog, Kaiyodo Chinese Alligator hatchling and Greater death's head hawkmoth caterpillar, Kitan Club Common House Gecko and Bandai Giraffe stag beetle

Japan: Kaiyodo Large Japanese field mouse, Ryukyu tip-nosed frog, Japanese Clouded Salamander, Tohoku salamander, Japanese house bat, Japanese long-eared bat, Schlegel's tree frog, Anderson's crocodile newt and Tawa Gecko, Kitan Club Schlegel's Japanese Gecko, Japanese fire belly newt, Japanese red fire belly newt and Japanese Grass Lizard, Colorata Forest green tree frog, Kajika frog and Japanese Clawed Salamander, Yujin Japanese brown frog and Kuroiwa's Ground Gecko

Australia: S&N Orange-eyed tree frog and CollectA Thorny devil

North America: Reptile's Mag Bell’s false brook salamander, Kaiyodo Mexican redknee tarantula and Carolina anole, PlayVisions Red salamander

Costa Rica: Takara male Golden toad and Kitan Club Red-eyed Tree Frog

South America: Colorata Mission golden-eyed tree frog, Bandai Neptune beetle, Yujin Manú poison frog and Sumaco horned treefrog, Kitan Club Golden Poison Frog (mint green morph)

Ocean: Safari ltd Caribbean reef squid, Kitan Club Phyllidia coelestis and Trapania naeva, Animal Kingdom Sepia tokioensis and Colorata Yellownose prawn-goby

Family portraits

Arthropods

Frogs

Mammals

Reptiles

Salamanders

A few more things

Green team

Red team

Giant and Dwarf

As usual, you can also have a look at my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] floors of my collection. cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 7:04 pm

Beautieful again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 8:46 pm

Thank you Andrea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 8:54 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 9:29 pm

Superb and beautiful collection!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 9:38 pm

Thank you Jean-Luc and Taylor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 9:48 pm

I would easily feel tempted to use some of these as lifesized ones. though, I understand why you use an intermediate scale. If we use small members as lifesized ones, the scale and size reference will get messed even if they are all plausible to lifesized adult animals.
So many frogs at this scale and I enjoy that you have new colorful ideas for your presentations.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2024 10:25 pm

Ah, the bushbaby is here. Japan is well represented on this shelf. The false brook salamander and caribbean reef squid provide the perspective here. As usual, all the models are carefully chosen, so finding favourites is impossible.

1/1 scale is twice as large as 1/2 scale, so I can imagine that a lot of models would fall between the cracks if you didn't have 1/1.5 scale.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 12:20 am

Beautiful again! The Safari bush baby is one of my favorite IC figures.

I really love all the frogs and salamanders. The Kitan Club red-eyed tree frog is gorgeous!

The photos with similar colored animals are really neat, I'd love to see a topic with animals of similar colors coordinated together Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 11:20 am

Roger wrote:
I would easily feel tempted to use some of these as lifesized ones. though, I understand why you use an intermediate scale. If we use small members as lifesized ones, the scale and size reference will get messed even if they are all plausible to lifesized adult animals.
So many frogs at this scale and I enjoy that you have new colorful ideas for your presentations.

Unfortunately it's not that simple, the problem is not a disturbance of scale and size reference. Most of these models aren't plausible for life-size adult animals at 1/1 scale. Even their minimum sizes for an adult are smaller than 1/1. Only 10 of them could pass for very small adults. Worse still, whether it's amphibians or insects, the immatures have different shapes to the adults.
I prefer to keep these ten with the 38 that can't be life-size, because in any case the 1/1.5 scale is absolutely necessary. In reality, there are as many differences between life-size and 1/1.5 scale as there are between 1/15 and 1/22 scale.
By the way, this floor would be perfect for the Safari Ltd American bullfrog. tongue Laughing
When I take my family photos, I always try to do the groupings that jump out at me, predators past and present, horned beasts... This time it was the green and red colours that caught my eye.

rogerpgvg wrote:
Ah, the bushbaby is here. Japan is well represented on this shelf. The false brook salamander and caribbean reef squid provide the perspective here. As usual, all the models are carefully chosen, so finding favourites is impossible.

1/1 scale is twice as large as 1/2 scale, so I can imagine that a lot of models would fall between the cracks if you didn't have 1/1.5 scale.

These big models certainly offer perspective, but they're not the only ones. Smaller ones like the Manú poison frog or the Golden toad are less visible, but they also add depth of field.
The interest in presenting the animals geographically also adds to the perspective. I think we tend to minimise the size of insects and reptiles and maximise that of mammals. The contrast between very different species that live in fairly close quarters also adds a sense of perspective.

Joliezac wrote:

Beautiful again! The Safari bush baby is one of my favorite IC figures.

I really love all the frogs and salamanders. The Kitan Club red-eyed tree frog is gorgeous!

The photos with similar colored animals are really neat, I'd love to see a topic with animals of similar colors coordinated together Very Happy

The Senegal Bushbaby was the 2020 STS Wild life Figure of the Year, it deserved it Very Happy The Kitan Club red-eyed tree frog is for now my favourite Red-eyed tree frog indeed. About colours, I will see in the "Scales" new topics if I can do soemthing for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 4:01 pm

How wonderful! A 1/2 scale shelf!!
I know harvest mice are very small - 5 to 7cm body length, so it's good to see it here by the 2 small Japanese bats. Bats really are tiny too. It's amazing to watch them fly.
Funny, 2 nights ago at dusk I was watching a bat in my small wood area. It (he or she, I couldn't tell) was flying in loops above me, so I hope there were plenty of flying insects for a good hearty dinner!
Most evenings I will go out to watch the bats flying around. It's such a special part of my day.

Black and orange team stands out - I love all the salamanders here. Did you mean to make this a black and orange team?

And I love the Red team and green team! red team really looks impressive.
You have a wonderful gift for these compositions Christophe!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 11:44 pm

Watching bats fly out of the house... You're in luck.

The black and orange team, if I have time I'll take a photo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toymany-kenc

Toymany-kenc

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2024 5:36 am

The Kaiyodo Eurasian harvest mouse is so cute Applause

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/toymany_official

About Toymany:https://toymany.com/pages/about
Back to top Go down
https://toymany.com?utm_source=STSforum
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2024 4:10 pm

Thank you for her ( I think she's a girl...), it is a tiny jewel.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 1:10 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Watching bats fly out of the house... You're in luck.

The black and orange team, if I have time I'll take a photo Very Happy

I meant - you already took the photo cheers - all the salamanders were black + orange colouration Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 4:21 pm

I understand now Very Happy Well, the Kaiyodo Mexican redknee tarantula doesn't agree Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 11:20 am

My favorite team has to be the green one because it is the main color of the team I support but my country flag is green and red soo...
I understand tat just a minor part of the models could work for both scales, another example we can give is that the difference between 1:1 and 1:1.5 scale is the same as 1:32 to 1:48 and that's a big difference. I expected that more figures could work for both scales but I understand and agree with your points. The American bullfrog is one of those which work to both scales but as you have this one, it might be a better choice to use it here if you happen to get it. As the only scales I'm interested at the moment are 1:1 and 1:16, it is easy to choose the best one for that huge frog. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptySat Aug 31, 2024 12:21 pm

It's a pity that you only invest in 1/1 and 1/16 scale. You only need four or 5 models in the same scale, as in my photos, to give life to a beautiful multi-scale project. But that's another sport perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 6:53 pm

Another beautiful scale, love how life size and larger than life size allows for such realism. That wall lizard, if it could have have skinnier toes, is incredibly convincing. And I adore the little bat!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 9:44 am

Kikimalou wrote:
It's a pity that you only invest in 1/1 and 1/16 scale. You only need four or 5 models in the same scale, as in my photos, to give life to a beautiful multi-scale project. But that's another sport perhaps.

Exactly and I surely have a good number of figures to make a similar multiscale project as you do. I'm not exactly investing yet in these scales but I have a preference for both. Lifesized models work almost as scientific or educational pieces and 1:16 puts the average mammal into a size I'm strongly educated. I started collecting much later than you so my size preferences are closer to the 1:16 than the 1:32 but I don't dislike any scale. This is just another feeble attempt on my part to collect in a more regulated and logical way. pale Wink

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 11:56 am

Jill wrote:
Another beautiful scale, love how life size and larger than life size allows for such realism. That wall lizard, if it could have have skinnier toes, is incredibly convincing. And I adore the little bat!

Which little bat ? they are too.

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Exactly and I surely have a good number of figures to make a similar multiscale project as you do. I'm not exactly investing yet in these scales but I have a preference for both. Lifesized models work almost as scientific or educational pieces and 1:16 puts the average mammal into a size I'm strongly educated. I started collecting much later than you so my size preferences are closer to the 1:16 than the 1:32 but I don't dislike any scale. This is just another feeble attempt on my part to collect in a more regulated and logical way. pale Wink

Raising funds in a more regulated and logical way is, in my opinion, the worst idea when it comes to love and passion. I can tell you, I've experienced it for a long time...
I still remember the Yujin of the 2000s and the magnificent ‘life-sized’ insects produced by the company. At the time, the complete sest were cheaper than one of these models today. At the time, No-instecs inmy collection was the rule, what stupidity!
Fortunately, one day I decided to follow my desires and my budget. Since then I've been a happy man, my collection really looks like me and my wishlist is always too full for my money, so I always have some satisfaction and some dreams. I hope it lasts!
Try putting together the miniatures you already have by scale and see what you end up with, and let me know   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 2:46 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Jill wrote:

Which little bat ? they are too.
Whoops, the long earred bat! I was so distracted by how cute it is, I missed the other.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 8:16 am

scratch Well, the kaiyodo Japanese long-eared bat is as good as the Papo Brown long-eared bat Laughing So, which one ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2024 8:36 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Raising funds in a more regulated and logical way is, in my opinion, the worst idea when it comes to love and passion. I can tell you, I've experienced it for a long time...
I still remember the Yujin of the 2000s and the magnificent ‘life-sized’ insects produced by the company. At the time, the complete sest were cheaper than one of these models today. At the time, No-instecs inmy collection was the rule, what stupidity!
Fortunately, one day I decided to follow my desires and my budget. Since then I've been a happy man, my collection really looks like me and my wishlist is always too full for my money, so I always have some satisfaction and some dreams. I hope it lasts!
Try putting together the miniatures you already have by scale and see what you end up with, and let me know   Very Happy

Well, I don't know how long it will take but I will try to do it. Maybe I will have a surprise. Sounds sensate to me. The most important is that you feel full joy collecting as you do.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2024 11:21 pm

I wish you can fully enjoy collecting too cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024    Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kikimalou's "Scale" collection - the 1/1.5 shelf - updated August 27 2024
Page 1 of 1