Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:59 am

With the Haolonggood Ouranosaurus presented HERE came the brown version of Nasutoceratops. cheers
Sold in a box for about 20€, this model is made of solid PVC.
It is authorized for children 14 years and older and Haolonggood presents it at a scale of 1/35. I don't agree  tongue
With a skull about‭ ‬1.5‭ ‬meters long, a body length roughly estimated to be about 4.5 to 4.8 meters, the Haolonggood has a scale between 1/25.4 and 1/28.5.
Too big to reach my 1/30 floor, I invited it to live on my 1/25 shelves.
The 1/25 scale is also the closest when measuring the skull of the Haolonggood
The painting is less "simplified" than for the Ouranosaurus and its intricate colours are for me of the most beautiful effect.  drunken

Nasutoceratops is a ceratopsian dinosaur which lived about 76.0-75.5 Ma in southern Utah, United States. It was a large, ground-dwelling, quadrupedal herbivore with a short snout and unique rounded horns above its eyes that have been likened to those of modern cattle.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Meeting a green mole rat

In 2015, Doug Watson made a Nasutoceratops for Safari Ltd, at the time I made a walkaround that you can still visit HERE.

It's scale is between 1/26 and 1/28 so it fits nicely with the 2023 newcomer.  Very Happy

Hip-Hop again  Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 1:00 pm

It is nice to know those are pvc figures, I'm living a hollowphobia these days. Laughing
Interesting also to know it is targeted to 14+, it avoided them from those expensive tests for toy safety standards what reduces the investment and the final price although most brands increase the price suggesting those are collector itens.
It looks to me a very beautiful piece at an affordable price, and thanks for your great comparison pictures with the Safari model which seems to be retired now, since I can't find it on 2022 catalogue anymore.
I noticed you opened a page to the brand on TAW and I hope it is just the start of a beautiful story as it's been the PNSO. cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 1:10 pm

I first said and thought those models were GRToys but no mention of that brand on the box.

The price is more affordable than those from PNSO or TNG but I immediatly understood why when I opened the parcel , the boxes were half the size Laughing

Haolonggood has already produced a few models and I will try to do the job on TAW even if I don't have evrything.

I agree with you, these Halonggood are really beautiful cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 1:40 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I first said and thought those models were GRToys but no mention of that brand on the box.

The price is more affordable than those from PNSO or TNG but I immediatly understood why when I opened the parcel , the boxes were half the size Laughing

Haolonggood has already produced a few models and I will try to do the job on TAW even if I don't have evrything.

I agree with you, these Halonggood are really beautiful cheers

We really don't need large boxes. I watch sometimes a few dino reviews where the reviewers complain that they're paying for sophisticated boxes. They're important since most of these figures can only be found online and surely they help protecting the figure during the shipping. As I don't have enough room to display my figures, boxes are also useful to store the figures but only when they are compact. I have a few boxes and my favorite one is the matchbox like by DivARTsity, it is compact, easy to open, protects perfectly the figure and it is a piece of art on its own.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 5:45 pm

It's true that reviewers' comments on boxes are recurrent on Youtube. At the same time, some spend a lot of time showing us the boxes and all the packaging in their reviews. I respect their choice of course but you have to know what you want.
I never take pictures of the packaging, I prefer to concentrate on the creature I have bought. The box is something I didn't buy of my own free will, it was imposed on me.

I really like the spirit of DivARTsity, everything is carefully concocted, from the sculpture, to the painting, to the packaging like a jewelry box. It is very beautiful. drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 6:26 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 6:51 pm

Wow... this model is simply gorgeous. Congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 11:27 pm

Thank you Paige and Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 11:30 pm

Very beautiful model and comparison pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 6:58 am

Merci Alain 😊
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou    The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Haolonggood and Safari Ltd Nasutoceratops meeting by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1