Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 21, 2023 9:43 pm

I just received the green Ouranosaurus produced by Haolonggood this year.  cheers
Sold in a box for about 20€, this model is made of solid PVC.
It is authorized for children 14 years and older and Haolonggood presents it at a scale of 1/35.
For an animal whose estimated length varies from 7 to 8.3m, the Haolonggood has a scale between 1/31.8 and 1/37.7. It can thus satisfy the amateurs of 1/32 and 1/35.
As for PNSO, the real painting is a bit simplified compared to the commercial images. The subject is still very nice though.
The real patterns have a "je ne sais quoi" that makes me think of the Safari Ltd Albertosaurus of 2022.
The feet don't touch the ground perfectly but I still manage to survive it.

Ouranosaurus is an unusual genus of herbivorous iguanodont dinosaur that lived during the early Cretaceous about 110 million years ago in what is now Africa. For me, this sailorman is to Spinosaurus what Edaphosaurus was to Dimetrodon  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

One pic for the size

Let me now introduce the Ouranosaurus produced by Battat from 1994 to 1998.
"Disco" dress but very natural pose and very neat sculpture, this 29 years old model sees its scale between 1/35 and 1/45.
It can therefore keep company with the Haolonggood and act as a small animal.

For my part, I decided to let the Battat haunt my 1/40 shelf and to take the Haolonggood to the 1/35 floor.

Since they are both dressed up, let's take them dancing!  Very Happy

A bit of Hip-Hop?  Laughing

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 21, 2023 10:11 pm

Beautiful figures! And since reptile females are often the larger, perhaps the Battat is just in his courting plumage.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 21, 2023 10:26 pm

Or he is very sick Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou EmptyFri Apr 21, 2023 10:52 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Or he is very sick Laughing
Oh no! The pox! pale Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 12:37 am

Congratulations! I like their poses, both have one foot off the ground and their back foot is raise on their toes! They look really good together drunken
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:21 am

Yes Paige, this is the "Carnival" variant of smallpox affraid

Thank you for them Annette Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 1:26 pm

What do you mean with your Permian analogy? Is it a kind of Little red riding hood.? I mean, Would the use of a sail on predators' backs work to disguise themselves as grandmothers and devour unsuspecting grandchildren as innocent prey like the Big Bad Wolf did?
I like this model very much, I think sailed creatures are cool. I think the Safari Albertosaurus uses more a kind of camouflage this poor one was probably sand colored in real.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 5:26 pm

I mean Laurel and Hardy existed in the Permian and also in the Cretaceous  Laughing
As for the Albertosaurus, I can see it with spots all over or with a Lycaon-like colour scheme. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou   The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Haolonggood and Battat Ouranosaurus meeting by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1