Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+2
widukind
Kikimalou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 6:59 am

A whole series of jobs and events at home are preventing me from taking photos at the moment, and unfortunately limit the time I have to devote to our hobby and our beloved forum.

I do, however, have a few photos of the Edmontonia proposed by Haolonggood this year.

Edmontonia is a vegetarian dinosaur that roamed Canada at the end of the Cretaceous period. An almost complete skeleton was discovered in 1915 by Barnum Brown aka Mr. Bones. Slightly smaller than its cousin Ankylosaurus, Edmontonia was an armoured dinosaur estimated to have been 6.60 metres long.

In the world of toys, our friend didn't enjoy as prolific a career as Ankylosaurus. Edmontonia is a Nodosaur and the lack of a club at the end of its tail is a distinct disadvantage in a shop display.

Even facing other nodosaur such as Sauropelta or Polacanthus, Edmontonia was the poor relation without a single representative on the market since 2019 and even without a single up-to-date model.

Thanks to Haolonggood, it seems to me that this injustice has finally been rectified. I hope that my photos will confirm my point of view.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With some 1/35 armoured dinosaurs: CollectA Borealopelta and Papo "Euoplocephalus" Ankylosaurus

With other 1/35 Haolonggood dinos: Ouranosaurs and Pachyrhinosaurus

With 1/35 extant animals: Hausser Red fox, Papo African bush elephant, Kaiyodo Zebra and Tiger
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 4:11 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 11:29 pm

These days dinosaur renditions are clearly more tasteful. An armoured dino is not something we could call graceful but I think this one is. Thanks for a great walk around of this beautiful animal sculpt.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 12:32 am

Curious if you measured it and calculated scale (I haven't measured mine yet)? All Haolonggood figures are advertised as 1:35 but not all actually are. I noticed a lot of Chinese companies love to default everything to 1:35 even if they aren't.

I just submitted my review of the Haolonggood Tianzhenosaurus to the Dino Toy Blog and I calculated its scale to 1:18.7, even though it was advertised as 1:35.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 1:44 am

Oh I love this one... drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 1:47 pm

Thank you all, yes this Edmontonia is very beautiful I would even say it is irresistible I love you

Yes Blaine, except for my "oldies and vintage" collections, I measure every single model I add to my mainstream collection.
Like you, I have no confidence in brands, from China or elsewhere, when it comes to advertised scales.
I have four Haolonggood and three of them can be 1/35, the only one that don't match the good size is the Nasutoceratops which is between 1/25 and 1/28.
The Edmontonia vary from 1/35,3 to 1/38,5 for an animal between 6 and 6m60 long. So at 1/35 it is a "small" 5m95 long specimen.
Did you use the skull to determinate the Tianzhenosaurus scale ?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 2:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you all, yes this Edmontonia is very beautiful I would even say it is irresistible I love you

Yes Blaine, except for my "oldies and vintage" collections, I measure every single model I add to my mainstream collection.
Like you, I have no confidence in brands, from China or elsewhere, when it comes to advertised scales.
I have four Haolonggood and three of them can be 1/35, the only one that don't match the good size is the Nasutoceratops which is between 1/25 and 1/28.
The Edmontonia vary from 1/35,3 to 1/38,5 for an animal between 6 and 6m60 long. So at 1/35 it is a "small" 5m95 long specimen.
Did you use the skull to determinate the Tianzhenosaurus scale ?

Thanks! I figured you did measure it, but was curious.

And yes, I did use skull to determine the scale for the Tianzhenosaurus!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 2:25 pm

At 1/18, the Tianzhenosaurus could live with the Kaiyodo Psittacosaurus family and Safari Ltd Leptoceratops. I might think about this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 4:24 pm

BTW Haolonggood is quickly becoming one of my favorite dinosaur companies!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 10:42 am

The same for me !
Back to top Go down
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Oct 15, 2023 10:03 am

A dinosaur which was long awaiting for a new figure (instead of re-remaking Tyrannosaurus all over...), can't wait to get myself one!

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou   Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Haolonggood Edmontonia, a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1