Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 3:27 am

Haolonggood has stampeded into my collection as of late. When this figure was revealed out of nowhere I was shocked and it was an instant purchase. I never thought I'd need another triceratops in my collection, but I daresay this is the best one I've seen that isn't a resin art piece.

Dimensions: 23 cm long, 8 cm shoulder height, 13.5 cm tall (tip of horn)

I picked up the grey/blue variant.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm now a big fan of Haolonggood models, but I always had a few issues with certain models. I don't like the bright blue eyes, and sometimes their figures look like they could use more paint. This triceratops is by far their most detailed of the other Haolonggood figures I have. The gradients work really well. I don't like dinosaurs that are too bright. I always thought of Triceratops being grey or brown, not too flashy, even in the frill. The colors are spot on and work really nicely. Of course we don't know what Triceratops looked like, but I find this color scheme really appropriate and stunning without needing flashy colors.

Some closeups of the gorgeous head

The skin and scales are so detailed and come in all different sizes. For reference, I took some closeups of Smaug to show the similarities  Laughing

I love the striping on the back. Again the details are amazing.

Another side by side with Smaug's scales to show how detailed the side really is.

The underside was not neglected either

And now for some comparisons! I've been pretty pleased with the Triceratops figures in my collection, but none have been really perfect in my eyes. This Haolonggood is now my favorite  cheers

My first Triceratops, Safari's Wild Dinos one. I really love this Triceratops. It has more of a vintage feel to it. I like it's bulkiness and coloration. It is just a bit outdated now and not as detailed. Ignore all the scuff marks as mine saw lots of years of play  Embarassed Seeing it next to Haolonggood's really shows how Triceratops has changed over the years.

With Papo's. Again a more "vintage" look, or what I like to call the "Jurassic Park" version of Triceratops. A color scheme I like, but not super exciting and not as detailed. Still a solid model, but not as elegant as Haolonggood's. I also prefer the proportions on the latter.

Lastly, and up until now my favorite Triceratops, Eofauna. I really love both Eofauna trikes, but I wasn't a huge fan of either color scheme. They also seemed too "delicate?". I'm by no means a dinosaur expert so they could be more scientifically accurate, but this isn't a major factor for me. I like how blended the Haolonggood is with more "realistic" colors yet bright colors in the frill.

Group shot

And of course had to get some shots with my baby trikes from Papo & Rebor.

With my oversized T-rex from Rebor. I think I will be picking up Eofauna's Sue when their 3 new figures drop. I think it will look great with this Triceratops. That being said I'd love to see Haolonggood tackle some theropods again. I think the herbivores have been much higher quality and I'd love to see some improvement on the carnivore side.

With some other Haolonggood ceratopsians: Pachyrhinosaurus, Xenoceratops, and Diabloceratops.

Overall a stunning Haolonggood model! By far my favorite figure from them. I'm not sure if anything will top it anytime soon. 10/10 in terms of coloration, detail, elegance, and proportions. It is pricier than other Haolongood ceratopsians at $40 usd, but totally worth the price in my opinion if you are looking for a good Triceratops.

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 7:54 am

I believe I would never have been able to see the full artistic expression and level of detail of this model if it weren't for your topic. I am truly impressed. I don't collect these figures simply for having made them victims of my limitations, however, this would be a good example of a figure that would easily tempt me. It is truly impressive in every aspect and I perfectly understand your enthusiasm.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 11:02 am

Let's start with the most important thing: Smaug is beautiful cheers

I was still hesitating about what colour to choose until this morning, but thanks to you the choice is made, it's going to be blue... So sorry for TAW!

This model may be expensive, but it's a true marvel. I firmly believe that for a model to appear realistic it is not enough for it to conform to our scientific knowledge, it must also be beautiful. This one has just graduated with honours.

The Eofauna are also very well sculpted, but I've always shied away from their paintwork, which is too carnivalesque for my tastes.
At the same time, the Eofauna and the Haolonggood are apparently two different species: T. horridus and T.prorsus respectively.
I love my old Papo, vintage but chic, and I'm going to give it a good place in my ‘good oldies’ collection.

Thank you for these excellent pics Jolie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySat Oct 12, 2024 2:41 pm

Thank you Roger! It truly is a gorgeous model.

Thank you, Smaug appreciates it! Still beautiful at 11 years old.

I was torn at first what color to choose but I am very happy with the blue.

Thanks for the info about the Eofauna, if they are different species that makes sense.

I hope you are as excited as I was when it enters your collection Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2024 Haolonggood Triceratops Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1