Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyMon May 01, 2023 11:37 am

If this is not the correct topic, mods, please yeet this where you think it should go ^^

I couldn't find if I had already begun doing this, so here I am, reviewing all not schleich figurines in my collection.
The brands include; Breyer, Bullyland, CollectA, Lego, Mojo Fun, Papo, Playmobil, Safari LTD and some miscelaniosu figurines.

I'll mix up the brands on rotation, but know that I got far more CollectA, Safari, Papo and Playmobil than the other brands on the roster.

Now which of my pretties to start with?
scratch  Very Happy

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyMon May 01, 2023 1:16 pm

OK, I moved it to the General Reviews and Discussions which is the right section.
Also, you don't have another topic about it, what do you have is a topic about your non Schleich additions and another about Schleich reviews. So this one is different. Looking forward to see your impressions about your non Schleich figures. bounce bounce

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyTue May 02, 2023 1:25 pm

Roger wrote:
OK, I moved it to the General Reviews and Discussions which is the right section.
Also, you don't have another topic about it, what do you have is a topic about your non Schleich additions and another about Schleich reviews. So this one is different. Looking forward to see your impressions about your non Schleich figures. bounce bounce

Thank you for your help Roger <3

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 11:23 am

I choose, to start me off the Breyer that set the fire for this brand in my heart.

Sato - Breyer Traditional English Thoroughbred Stallion
Tristan [Bang Dem Sticks]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is model 1470 in the Breyer Traditional collection. It is the portrait model of race horse Sato. The base mold was first published under the name Cigar and was debuted in 1998. The Sato iteration ran from 2011 to 2012 with only a year of runtime.
I got this specific model for my birthday from my Father in Law, which he allowed me to pick via ebay. He was one of my first Breyer's and still one of my most prized items in my collection.

+ The superb spotting pattern
+ Detailed musculature and anatomy
+ Expressive eyes

- He seems a bit too skinny
- Short run time
- Why is Breyer so hard to come by in NL?

Overall Opinion: This model is one of the first breyers I fell head over heels in love with, the one that I was determined to have. And by the Gods did I do everything to get it and I got it!! It remains one of my favourite breyers and I will not trade him for the world!!
He is absolutely stunning and I love that it is a portrait model, made after an actual horse. He is very well made, both in the sculpt and the paint. And for a second/thrid/fourth hand find, he is not at all damaged.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyMon Jun 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Sato is magnificent! He has such a unique colouring. I don't know which of breyer traditional thoroughbreds is my favourite (they just have so many) but Cigar is definitely on the top of that list.
I am really excited to see more of your reviews for your non schleich animals.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyThu Jun 29, 2023 11:40 pm

Very delicate sculpt, I like it. Very Happy

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyFri Jul 28, 2023 5:04 pm

88403 Andalusia Stallion
Gwaine

This figure is the rare and elusive Andalusian Stallion in the CollectA line up. He had a runtime of only a single year and thusly is quite the collectors item. He is the first Andalusian Stallion in the CollectA line up, though he was quickly replaced by 88463, which is now available in three coat shades.
I found this beautiful man on Marktplaats for what we call in dutch a 'habbekrats' next to nothing. I got him right away and he is one of my gems and shares my profile's name.

+ Lovely Pose
+ Great hair!!!
+ Lovely fur texture, which is rare for CollectA

- Far too short of a runtime
- CollectA needs more like him
- I see no downsides

Overall Opinion: One of my most precious gems. I will cherrish Gwaine for ever, honouring him as my user name and saving him a good spot on the shelf. I am very carefull with this one, because he is so rare.
It is a very well made figure, but so out of style for CollectA. I adore him and I will keep him until the absolute end of my days.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 5:56 pm

That's fabulous, Tessa! I love this figure and the fact it is so rare turns it into a very special item. I remember the first time I've seen it and how I thought it could represent a step forward for CollectA horses. I was absolutely wrong since it was immediately retired and a new generation of horse figures was released in a very different style from this one. This is a kind of lost figure since there's no other horse in the whole range of CollectA which looks like this one. I would surely pick one if I had the chance since I was not collecting horse when I saw it locally.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 1:24 pm

51571 Clydesdale Stallion
Harwin

This is the Papo 51571 Clydesdale Stallion, he debuted in 2022 and is currently still in the collection.
I learned he was available when I was at work, like the day I had gotten by paycheck, so I ordered him right away. I am so utterly in love with him. He is one of my Papo favs!

+ Everything ???
+ No genuinely this is an all aorund amazing figurine
+ Even his eyes are great!!!

- None
- Literally nothing
- I love all of him!

Overall Opinion: This is one of my all time favourites, from papo and in general. He is magnificent and I love every little detail of him. From his expressive eyes to the slightly windswept mane. He is so stunning and I adore him so much!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 3:10 pm

It is so nice to see a Papo horse receiving so much love. Papo is not known as a reference brand for horse figures but they really have a few great models and this Clydesdale is one of them. Very Happy

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptySat Sep 30, 2023 8:41 pm

155005 Safari LTD Tinker Stallion
Boxer

This beauty is the fifth tinker in Safari LTD's collection, though the second one of regular size with no rider attached. He premiered in 2018 and is still part of the current line up. He is a shade smaller than the CollectA and the Schleich tinker stallions.
I got him as soon as he was available, via Modelpferdeversand.

+ Beautifully painted
+ The head shape is so lovely!
+ Huge feathering!!

- He is a wee small compared to my other tinker stallions
- None???
- He is literally perfect

Overall Opinion: This guy is genuinly one of my favourite figurines. He is just so pretty and I love his pattern and his pose and he is just a smol guy and he just wants to be cuddled and scritched. I called him Boxer after the male horse out of George Orwell's Animal Farm.
He's on my coldblood shelf, beside the other brand tinkers, who are all bigger than him. Pity him.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 1:04 pm

I have the previous Tinker at this scale and it is also smaller than the corresponding models from other brands. This figure is absolutely wonderful, probably one of the best Safari horses. Fortunately, all brands have good representatives of Tinkers.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 1:46 pm

Roger wrote:
I have the previous Tinker at this scale and it is also smaller than the corresponding models from other brands. This figure is absolutely wonderful, probably one of the best Safari horses. Fortunately, all brands have good representatives of Tinkers.

Oh yeah, Tinkers are very consistently well done by all brands.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 12:32 pm

387240 Mojo Fun Friesian Gelding
Jento

This is Mojo Fun's most recent Friesian as of Dec 2023. He was debuted in 2019 and is currently still in the collection.
The figure in my collection I have bought via MPV.

+ The pose is so ffing pretty.
+ Those manes omg!!!
+ FEATHERING FOR DAYS

- Why is he gelded, whyyy
- Those folds on his neck just look sort of silly
- Why aren't more like him?

Overall Opinion: This is a very well made Friesian figurine. It is immediately recognisable as a Friesian and has such a beautiful pose. I really adore this one and got him as soon as he was available online.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 12:54 pm

I love this Frisian horse, it is an exceptionally good sculpt from our Anna-Dobrowolska. Most Frisian horse figures are beautiful but even among them, this one stands out. How is the material of yours? I know the early productions were made in a not very pleasant softer material.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 12:59 pm

Roger wrote:
I love this Frisian horse, it is an exceptionally good sculpt from our Anna-Dobrowolska. Most Frisian horse figures are beautiful but even among them, this one stands out. How is the material of yours? I know the early productions were made in a not very pleasant softer material.

He is a bit waxy, like the schleich 2024 friesian.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Gwaine wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks for letting me know and actually that's a good example because I know exactly how the plastic of the Schleich Shire stallion is. I believe Mojö Fun returned to a more dense plastic meanwhile, the few Mojö horses I own are earlier releases and they have a very dense pvc, even more than what Schleich is using these days.

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 1:55 pm

Roger wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks for letting me know and actually that's a good example because I know exactly how the plastic of the Schleich Shire stallion is. I believe Mojö Fun returned to a more dense plastic meanwhile, the few Mojö horses I own are earlier releases and they have a very dense pvc, even more than what Schleich is using these days.

The texture just bothers me so much, but I love this guy non the less.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 12:07 am

Gwaine wrote:
Roger wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Roger wrote:

The texture just bothers me so much, but I love this guy non the less.

The way Anna's sculpts are textured is usually very realistic, I mean, at such a reduced scale, fur texture shouldn't be visible and Anna takes it seriously. Most of the figures of the recent years are overtextured, often it gives a more modern finish to the model but sometimes it is too much. This fine and subtle texture works better for resin homemade models replicated in small numbers. When these figures are molded for mass production, they loose slightly the subtle texture and more the factory mold is used, less textured is the figure produced. All these factors influenced the way how most figures are manufactured these days. I have the Mojo gaur, a figure which easily looks like an outdated model for today's collectors but I really love so much how it is sculpted and textured.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 8:19 am

Geat horse, hurray for Anna cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 1:57 pm

70074 Playmobil Pegasus Mare
Contessa

This pretty pegasus was debuted in 2019 in the Playmobil Movie range. It uses body 30 65 1934 wings 30 51 9032. It is the only playmobil pegasus with a normal horse body colour and this large a body to wing colour difference.

+ The non fantasy colour of the body
+ Pretty manes
+ Cheeky Pose

- Not enough like these in the playmobil line ups
- Eye make-up... nah fam
- Whale eyes

Overall Opinion: This is a very very wonderful figurine from playmobil. I got it for dirt cheap and think it is so underappreciated, more people need to know about how pretty she is.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 6:09 pm

Lovely range of horse figures, I really love Sato, I've never seen him before. The mold was released right around the time I stopped collecting for awhile so I never got one, but I do remember it coming out. It was pretty sensational, the most dramatic racing thoroughbred up to that point. The "thinness" is due to the dry muscle on a fit body, he's in fact in quite fine shape and not too thin at all, kind of like a sighthound. I love how each of these figures has a very distinct personality and style and yet all of them are good representations of their breed. I agree with Roger about the subtle detail of the fur texture on the Friesian, that works so well on this scale. I have never really been a fan of the highly textured figures, unless you are going for a horse in its winter coat. That Friesian has a perfect sweet spot between too smooth and looking plastic and too textured and also looking plastic.

The playmobile is pretty cute, my playmobile horses as a kid looked like this and had a different kind of charm. Laughing I remembering wishing they came in more colors.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 1:00 am

That Playmobil creature with real horse color is quite beautiful. Very Happy

Jill wrote:
The playmobile is pretty cute, my playmobile horses as a kid looked like this and had a different kind of charm. Laughing I remembering wishing they came in more colors.

I owned a Playmobil horse exactly like that when I was a kid. When I started seeing people on forum discussing Playmobil I got surprised to see the brand here but I was not aware the newer models are much more realistic. They're not yet my cup of tea but some of these models looks really beautiful. :)

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 2:54 pm

100416 Safari LTD Dragon Tube: Fire Drake
Zuko

This is one of the amazing figurines that come into the Safari LTD Elemental Dragons Toob. It is, rather evidently, the fire elemental dragon, though considering it has long wings, it is a drake in truth. The toob was debuted in 2021 and is still in the collection.
I bought the toob from MPV.

+ His colours are so vibrant
+ The scales and the flames work so well
+ Tiny, but detailed

- Headpaint falls a bit flat
- Nothing
- He is perfect, I love him

Overall Opinion: This is absolutely one of my favourite Safari figures. It is a small figurine, but it is has lovely details and is so well made. I literally cannot get enough of it!!! Shame I had to store it due to the move.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 12:52 am

Very cute, looks like a seahorse with legs. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews   Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Gwaine's Non Schleich Reviews
Page 1 of 1