Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+3
Caracal
Roger
Kikimalou
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed May 17, 2023 10:20 am

It's already been a few years since Papo left his title of champion of the big cats to venture on other grounds, the arthropods of course and the birds. I think that in these two categories, Papo has already earned his letters of nobility.
The Andean condor of this year will not contradict me.
I take you on a tour of the monument and to participate in a family reunion with some illustrious predecessors.

You can watch it alive on[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With Schleich and Nayab

With Schleich

With Nayab

With Bullyland

A 21th century team meeting

and a pic with two 20th century veterans
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed May 17, 2023 1:29 pm

I must get this condor next time. I got the flying squirrel recently, now I have to find this fantastic figure. I don't have the Schleich nor the Nayab. I have the Bullyland only. Such a great topic, even if they work nicely together and they have a similar pose, I've never noticed the Papo model was so different from the Schleich counterpart. One of the Papo stars and thanks for your wonderful topic, Christophe. cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed May 17, 2023 2:26 pm

Great homage to a great model! cheers cheers drunken

.. and useful comparison pictures! I didn't know that the Schleich one was so big and that there was a Bullyland one.. cheers cheers

and thank you for the link! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed May 17, 2023 6:13 pm

Great homage to a great model Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed May 17, 2023 6:46 pm

A very good figure of a condor

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed May 17, 2023 11:26 pm

I really like this bird, except for the "printed on" white flight feathers.
It's hard to see from pictures if these feathers are actually sculpted on the figure underneath this white paint.
Could you please tell me Kikimalou?
If I wanted to repaint this bird, are there any sculpted flight feathers underneath the white paint?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 18, 2023 8:06 pm

Roger wrote:
I must get this condor next time. I got the flying squirrel recently, now I have to find this fantastic figure. I don't have the Schleich nor the Nayab. I have the Bullyland only. Such a great topic, even if they work nicely together and they have a similar pose, I've never noticed the Papo model was so different from the Schleich counterpart. One of the Papo stars and thanks for your wonderful topic, Christophe. cheers

I agree you must get it Wink The Bully was in my opinion a very good model at the time but Papo has clearly changed the game. I hope that the brand will continue to produce such wonders. drunken

Caracal wrote:
Great homage to a great model! cheers cheers drunken

.. and useful comparison pictures! I didn't know that the Schleich one was so big and that there was a Bullyland one.. cheers cheers

and thank you for the link! Very Happy

Yes, the Schleich is the biggest and the Bullyland the least known. I like the latter for its head, the colours seemed more realistic at the time.
Now the Papo has moved the debate to the floor above.

lucky luke wrote:
Great homage to a great model Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny

Thank you Jean-Luc Very Happy

widukind wrote:
A very good figure of a condor

Indeed Wink

Bloodrayne wrote:
I really like this bird, except for the "printed on" white flight feathers.
It's hard to see from pictures if these feathers are actually sculpted on the figure underneath this white paint.
Could you please tell me Kikimalou?
If I wanted to repaint this bird, are there any sculpted flight feathers underneath the white paint?

I think the answer is mixed, there is relief but I don't feel that every feather is drawn.

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu May 18, 2023 8:12 pm

It does look like there are feathers sculpted underneath the white paint.
But it is indeed hard to see if they are very detailed (unless the whole figure would be painted in one base colour). I guess I will purchase it myself to find out.  Very Happy
Thank you.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri May 19, 2023 7:29 pm

Beautiful condor, and seemingly the most realistic of the bunch Very Happy
Thanks for the walk around and comparisons!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
It does look like there are feathers sculpted underneath the white paint.
But it is indeed hard to see if they are very detailed (unless the whole figure would be painted in one base colour). I guess I will purchase it myself to find out.  Very Happy
Thank you.

You're welcome cheers

Ana wrote:
Beautiful condor, and seemingly the most realistic of the bunch Very Happy
Thanks for the walk around and comparisons!

It is indeed a serious step forward. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou   Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 50293 Andean Condor: a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1