Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: CollectA White Lion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: CollectA White Lion    Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023, 21:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Figure Brand: CollectA
Figure Name(s): White Lion (88785)
Sex: Male
Name: Aslan
Year Made: 2017
Observations/Thoughts: My favorite of my big cat sculpts so far, I think. He’s a stunningly powerful, gorgeous lion with a fantastic white colour, I called him Aslan, because of the whole main character lion in the Narnia stories.
I’m all for collecting unusual animal figurines, and due to him being a white lion, he’s great one. His pose is also just an upright standing one, all four paws to the ground, tail down, staring straight ahead. It’s a very powerful pose, however, it’s offset by the sadly wonky eyes he has, when viewed from the side, he looks so mighty and appropriately kingly, but viewing him from the front is a different matter altogether.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
His eyes are blue, but because of their light colouring it’s easier to notice when something like this is askew. He is a really nice, sculpted model with a lovely, detailed mane, the only thing wrong with him however is the weird, wonky eyes.  
Rating: 4/5
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA White Lion    Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  EmptyWed 28 Jun 2023, 11:31

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA White Lion    Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  EmptyWed 28 Jun 2023, 12:32

Thanks Widukind!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA White Lion    Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  EmptyWed 28 Jun 2023, 14:14

It is a pity about the eyes of your model, I have the standard colored version and it is one of the few good male lion figures around.
I usually dislike most of the lion sculpts but CollectA did a good job with this one, much better than the previous generations.
It actually has that thing of a Narnia or Lion King look but it remains realistic with the appeal of those characters.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA White Lion    Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  EmptyWed 28 Jun 2023, 14:59

That's what I think too Roger, he does look very good, like Aslan from Narnia save for his eyes. I dunno, maybe it's just model that looks a bit silly there?
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA White Lion    Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  EmptyThu 29 Jun 2023, 14:08

I do like this mould quite a bit. He really has something from the Narnia illustrations I've seen (Narnia is on my want-to-read list, but I have already a prince Caspian in my collection).
I can feel your pain about the mispainted eyes. It's always a problem when you can't choose the model in a shop and have to buy it online. Then it's always a gamble if you get a good model or a flawed one. And if the eyes are not painted correctly it really bothers me the most. It just disturbs when you try to "admire" your figure.
From my linguistic knowledge I think that Aslan means actually lion in Turkish. So it definitely suits a lion and I am considering to name one of my lion cubs like that.
For now he won't get a place on my wishlist as I have already completed my lion collection (well I still need another lioness, but she won't definitely be the collecta one). But maybe someday as I still think that that is one of the best lions on the market currently. One can never know what will happen in the future...
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA White Lion    Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  EmptyThu 29 Jun 2023, 14:14

I'd definitely recommend him Katy, because you never know, you might get one with decent eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: CollectA White Lion    Collection Review: CollectA White Lion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: CollectA White Lion
Page 1 of 1