Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set Empty
PostSubject: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 1:29 am

Another obscure tiny set of horses, I'm so excited! Laughing

I found these on eBay and bought them just because I thought they were neat and it is so nice to see a set of little bitty horses that was in box so I wouldn't have to search and search and search to try and place them or figure out how many there were, etc. I had never seen these before and it looks like TAW doesn't have much Lanard stuff, so I thought I'd share them. (I was most familiar with Lanard for their My Little Pony knock offs before this.)

This set was released (or at least initially released) in 2007 according to the box and stamps on the horses. It is officially called "Teeny Beauties Triple Crown Beauties Classic Edition." It seems like, with a search, that Lanard produced many horse figures, most larger with rooted hair (in the same style as Grand Champions). I haven't figured out yet if other minis besides these were available. You know I'll be looking.

These were packaged in a window box that allowed you to see all of them, but unfortunately two of them had come loose and has traveled elsewhere in the box.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's what they looked like when I opened it and put them back in their spots

And here's the back of the box. The breed assignments are . . . okay for some and weird for others.

Once out, they were even smaller than I thought they would be, which is always great news. Love a tiny little animal. Each one has "2007 China" on the belly, and nothing else. Thank God I found them in the box and didn't have to try to track down who made them. Sleep

Saddlebreed - I have to assume they meant "Saddlebred" which is a real breed and not "Saddlebreed" which is not, even though this little guy doesn't have anything specific to a saddlebred about him. It's surprising to see a saddlebred represented NOT racking, though of course they can canter just like any horse. Most figures represent them standing in a show stance or in their unique gait, the rack. I kind of like the idea that this one is just a saddlebred out in the field doing its thing.

Percheron - this is kind of a percheron. It's gray and has feathers on the hooves and a slightly heavier body, so that's pretty good for figures of this quality. This one is actually my favorite of the set. He reminds me less of a percheron than a carousel horse. The color is not super realistic. The dapple gray is not bad, again, for a figure this size and quality but the flaxen yellow hair is a little strange. Still, I think he's so nice! The mane is so well sculpted and it's a surprisingly elegant tiny figure.

Peruvian Paso - interestingly, this figure seems to represent the Paso Fino gait a little more than the Peruvian Paso. They are easy names to confuse if you are not a horse person and just someone putting a box design together, though, so possibly that's what happened. It's not a terrible representation of the Paso Fino, either (again, at this quality--these aren't Breyer, haha).

Shire - at this quality level, this horse could have been a shire or a clydesdale with this coloring. I am surprised they didn't go with clydesdale, since this is the very recognizable "Budweiser Horse" look, but this set seems to do things a little differently. This is my second favorite in the set. Both of their drafts are nice. I like that on his off side, it looks like his mane is done up in rosettes.

Arabian - surprisingly, the rearing one stands on its own the best. This really could have been called any light breed, there's no reason to call it an Arabian. It reminds me of the rearing Kid Kore foal, which I will show with some comparison photos. I wish they had chosen a more interesting color. Their gray percheron was a much more interesting gray. This could have been almost anything else.

Quarter Horse - I'm willing to call it a Quarter Horse. It is no more a Quarter Horse than the other is an Arabian, but why not. It's a nice sculpt, in a different point in the gallop (or canter) than you usually get on the little guys. There is a Copperfox mold this reminds me of, actually.

And some comparisons with my other tiny horses!

Breyer Mini Whinny Arabian

Breyer Mini Whinny quarter horse

Toy Major percheron

Grand Champion Micro Mini shire

Grand Champion Micro Mini saddlebred

Club Earth shire

Breyer Stablemate Peruvian Paso

Kid Kore foal

Kid Kore adult
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 1:43 am

These are awesome, thank you for sharing them Jill!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 1:46 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 2:54 pm

So very cute!! What a great find! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 9:17 pm

I love these topics about series or sets, especially when they're not known. It is all very well documented, I hope someone lists them on TAW or I will do it myself when I have the chance.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 4:09 am

Thank you all! :) No rush for them to be on TAW of course!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptyTue Oct 03, 2023 11:26 am

I added these little horse on TAW. Jill, could you please check if I did it correctly? Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptyWed Oct 04, 2023 5:55 pm

Looks great, thank you! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set EmptyWed Oct 04, 2023 8:45 pm

Jill wrote:
Looks great, thank you! :)

Thanks for checking. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set   Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set Empty

Back to top Go down

Lanard Toys "Teeny Beauties" horse set
Page 1 of 1