Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/32 scale animals

Go down 
+9
rogerpgvg
Leyster
Roger
bmathison1972
sunny
Kikimalou
Caracal
Taos
widukind
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

1/32 scale animals - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 9:07 pm

Of course it has a place in your collection, less detailed than it's ancestors but still fine enough !
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 11:40 pm

Yes, I agree. AAA was a global manufacturer, their figures are not always exactly what we think they are, they tend to be multifaceted and it is the final customer who decides.
That bactrian camel is made to represent a calf if sold with a larger model but it also works as an adulte. Those humps fit better an adulte than a calf. A lot of the small AAA look like small adultes and often we can't tell if it is a smaller sized one or a juvenile. The fact it is so similar to those older models also confirms that they work perfectly for your reserve.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 5:23 pm

It may not have been so clear from my photos, but it is as if the AAA sculptor took the Britains camel and then modified the sculpt. The tendons, the hair and the pose have details that are so similar that they can't be accidental. The main things that were changed to the AAA model is the smoother texture (removal of some hair details) and removal of the long neck hair and the bridle. This makes me think that a similar thing may have happened to one of the AAA rhinos that Christophe recently showed in his Indian rhino topic.

Now another tale from the 1/32 reserve…  Last week, this Takara tiger arrived at the gates of the reserve. He came with a bunch of other animals from Japan.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good looks aren’t a criterion for getting into the reserve, only size is. He is 2.9/93 cm at the shoulder (about 5.0/160 cm head-body length), so he got in. But everybody in the reserve laughed at him, the cruel lot! So he went to a dentist, who extracted his teeth:

He is much happier with his appearance now. His head is rather large and his body is short, but he growls that if anyone still dares to laugh at him, he’ll show them his teeth!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 3:13 am

that's an interesting tiger Roger, he has indeed got a small body with a larger head.

it reminds me of the Chinese tiger masks from old -
(I can remove the scary photo if it takes away from the beauty of this wonderful thread Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:45 pm

Unusual figure, Roger. Those proportions are really not pleasant to the eye, I'm even trying to know if I would ever guess which animal it was supposed to be if not painted. The short body, straight back, massive and short neck, huge head with a weird shape. Though, at the same time, it seems to show a good manufacturing quality. I am at the moment looking at one of my fox figures which seems to be a completely different animal but those design inconsistencies actually give some variability to this hobby.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 6:31 pm

The tiger is from the Takara Buck Teeth Deppa series, which includes other animals with buck teeth. I don't know what "Deppa" means. Japanese companies often make the strangest figures; this one is still relatively normal. But as you say, the manufacturing quality is always excellent, with good plastic and precise painting. I wish the "Western" companies had a better look at what the Japanese companies can do. Why do they still make low-quality tube figures if Japanese companies have been making high-quality low-cost figures for decennia? (This tiger was sold for 200 yen.)

I am sure the design is very deliberate: small body, large head, culminating in even larger teeth. They may well have drawn inspiration from Chinese tiger masks and Chinese sculpture because ancient Japanese culture had a strong Chinese influence.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 7:32 pm

Deppa" is a colloquial term that approximates the definition of "protruding" in English.
These figures usually have a folkloric aspect; as such, I agree that it is a deliberate element that allows the same animals in different collections to have specific characteristics appropriate to the presented theme.

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

1/32 scale animals
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11