Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Care tips for Lineol figures.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Care tips for Lineol figures. Empty
PostSubject: Care tips for Lineol figures.   Care tips for Lineol figures. EmptyTue Dec 12, 2023 9:40 am

First time posting in the vintage area of STS! XD

So, I have been gifted several old Lineol figures and these are my very first composition models in my collection. I'm really excited and already falling in love with others I've seen in other topics. However, I want to keep them in a good condition of course, but how do I do that as optimal as possible? Can they rot? Direct sunlight? Water? Dusting? Any tips are more then welcome!

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Care tips for Lineol figures.   Care tips for Lineol figures. EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 9:13 pm

Hi,
I am a Lineol figures collector since the early 2000s and I haven't had any problem. You only have to take them out of sunlight and extreme temperatures (practically - 0°C and +50°C). That is to say, keep them as collection stuff in a proper vitrine). Nothing else.
Regards.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Care tips for Lineol figures.   Care tips for Lineol figures. EmptyFri Dec 29, 2023 10:12 pm

I agree, I would add, however, that you should avoid washing with a lot of water, especially on models with cracks, as this would rust the metal skeleton and make the cracks bigger.

By the way, congratulation for collecting old composition animals cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Care tips for Lineol figures.   Care tips for Lineol figures. EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 1:35 am

I missed this topic. I've read from Sue and Lesley topics that you should avoid water completely and cleaning should be completly dry. Composition formulas are quite variable among figures. Some might tolerate cleaning with a slightly dampened cloth but I don't dare to try. Some of the models are composed of a mixture of organic and inorganic materials and the use of a kind of resin to glue the elements. While the resin is in good condition, it can waterproof efficiently, though these figures are very old and water can enter microscopic cracks Upsetting the consistency of the compounds, causing micro depressions or alterations that, in turn, will lead to more fractures. Besides of that, water also causes the rusting of wire structures with harmful effects, as Christophe had indicated. I read some composition figures mix materials like kaolin, talc, sawdust, etc.

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Care tips for Lineol figures.   Care tips for Lineol figures. EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 4:50 am

Hi,

I agree too. If the figure is consistant it's possible to clean It with a wet toilette paper, cotton or tissue, but if it consist of a fragile one I would use a ear cleaning stick on plain surfaces, never when there are cracks or metal parts outside. Nonetheless, I have only cleaned figures once and there has been no problem.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Care tips for Lineol figures.   Care tips for Lineol figures. EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 9:36 pm

Thank you all for your replies!

I'm keeping them out of sunlight, higher up in a Billy cabinet.
All dry and no humidity. I clean them with a soft brush to get the dust of. Sounds like I'm doing a good job on that, which I'm very happy about! These old figures deserve the best care.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Care tips for Lineol figures.   Care tips for Lineol figures. EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 10:17 pm

I agree and I'm glad that Lineol models found a place on your shelves and in your heart Karin cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Care tips for Lineol figures.   Care tips for Lineol figures. Empty

Back to top Go down

Care tips for Lineol figures.
Page 1 of 1