Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs Empty
PostSubject: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 1:04 am

Planeta DeAgostini is a Spanish editorial famous for many collections.
One of them was about dog figures. This is an absolutely wonderful series of small sculptures of many different breeds of dogs.
Material is polyresin, so they are not toys but rather sculptures. It is a heavy material, relatively strong but not as much as pvc, since it is resin mixed with stone polder, it feels like stone.
I suspect those are produced by the famous Italian brand Castagna with a slightly less expensive production finish.
Some are Papo sized, some are larger.
I will show periodically some of them, they're really beautiful but I'm not keeping most of them in my collection. Most will need new owners and actually a few already found a new place to live.
Those I don't specify as being part of my collection are available for trade.
I can show comparison pictures if needed. Here's the first group.

Poodle:
This one is for now part of my collection but since I already have a few Poodles and I only need 3, I might find a new owner for him in the future.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

English Setter:
This beautiful model already found a new owner in his favorite country. Wink

Dogo Argentino:
I don't have the official breed but it seems there's no mistake in this identification. I presented it before and this one will stay in my collection for sure.

Pyrenean Mastiff:
This is one of a few I don't know the breed. since it has an apparently corresponding puppy identified as Pyrenean Mastiff, I will assume this identification. I haven't decided yet what to do with this model but since it is a different breed from the Papo it will stay for a while.

I will show more when possible. Very Happy

Edited to fix identifications.

Last edited by Roger on Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:11 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 10:03 am

Here a pair of comparison pictures with Papo models. They're in average larger than Papo, I'd say close to Bullyland size and some are even larger.

DeAgostini Pyrenean Mastiff and Papo Great Pyrenees Dog

Papo white Poodle and DeAgostini Poodle

Last edited by Roger on Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 6:13 pm

Beautieful dogs

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 11:53 pm

The dogo argentino is impressive! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 10:10 am

Thanks Andreas and Alain, the Dogo Argentino is one of the few which will stay in my collection and it fits with the regular Papo models.

Trying to find the right puppies, I've found that one of them is identified as a Pyrenean Mastiff, if it corresponds to the adult pictured together on the left side, it means the dog I was doubtful about is a Pyrenean Mastiff and not a Pyrenean Mountain Dog which is the breed of the Papo model.
To the right we have a Saint Bernard with its puppy.

Bearded Collie:
Talking about similar looking breeds, here is a confusing pair.
First a Bearded Collie, I don't know if it is an adult or a puppy. Sometimes I feel like these figures belong to distinct series but the editorial mixed them all in a collection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]DeAgostini_Bearded_Collie.jpg[/img]

Old English Sheep Dog: (reserved)

Last edited by Roger on Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 3:38 pm

Nice dogs again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 10:01 pm

These are lovely! Agreed, the Dogo Argentino is really unique and a nice piece to have.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 10:40 am

Now a trio of Terriers. :) Those are surely not among my favorite ones although I find the Parson Jack Russell? very cool.

Parson Jack Russell Terrier: (reserved)
I wished our dog friends could help me here, it looks a lot like a Airedale Terrier but it is identified as a Parson Jack Russell, maybe a kind of rough coat?

Scottish Terrier: (for trade or sale)
Such a weird figure, Papo did a much better job with their small pvc figure.

Bull Terrier: (for trade or sale)
We can't see it on photo but this one has a very bulky body, I hope for this breed to find also the Papo model for my collection.

Here a comparison picture with the much smaller Papo Scottish Terrier

Last edited by Roger on Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 3:03 pm

Really nice dog figures

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 4:45 pm

Nice selection of dogs again.The 1st terrier is a Wire haired fox terrier.The Old English is a rather nice model as well.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 8:34 pm

Thanks Andreas and Taylor, I have a lot more to show. Taylor, thanks for identifying the Terrier, actually those dogs are very similar, please check the previous post, I updated with a comparison picture.

These you already know but here goes closer pictures.

Saint Bernard: (for sale or trade)
I like the figure but that's an easy breed to find.

Saint Bernard Puppy: (for trade or sale)

Pyrenian Mastiff Puppy: (for trade or sale)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 11:16 am

Now a few hounds, maybe my favorite group of dogs even I will probably find new owners to all of these.

German Shorthaired Pointer: (reserved)
This figure is currently supposed to be for my own collection, its size is perfect for me but I know someone who's trying to complete this series and who misses it. So, maybe it won't stay.

Saluki: (already have a new owner)
Naturally this beautiful piece being a Saluki already found a perfect owner to take care of him.

Grand Anglo-Français Tricolore: (reserved)
I'm convinced this is a puppy or one of the friendly looking interpretations. Even Castagna original line is basically divided into realistic and friendly looking ones. I'm going for a puppy. Very beautiful figure of a rarely seen breed but I know who will love it so much. Very Happy

Weimaraner: (available for trade or sale)
This one is a puppy for sure, a lovely replica of one of the most beautiful dog breeds. I'm not collecting puppies and I have the fabulous Papo model to represent this breed in my collection.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 2:10 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 5:40 pm

Nice collection again.I have a number of models by Castanga.The Poodle looks very similar to the model I have by Castanga

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 9:00 pm

Oh, I've never seen a saluki model before! One of my favorite breeds. Very Happy Beautiful figure! The Weimaraner puppy looks kind of heavy set and wrinkly for the breed, even as a puppy, and the color seems awfully pale as well. I would have guessed some kind of mastiff instead. It's lovely all the same, though, and has a very sweet face.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 10:21 am

Now a pair of Spitz Dogs and Golden Retrievers.

Samoyed Dog:
That's a beautiful breed, it is hard to understand why Papo never released it.

German Spitz:
Pomeranians are so popular and cute, I don't know why they're neglected among major brands. That's something I expect Schleich to do. This one is a little big for me and he needs a new owner.

Golden Retriever:

Golden Retriever Puppy:

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 10:30 am

Jill wrote:
Oh, I've never seen a saluki model before! One of my favorite breeds. Very Happy Beautiful figure! The Weimaraner puppy looks kind of heavy set and wrinkly for the breed, even as a puppy, and the color seems awfully pale as well. I would have guessed some kind of mastiff instead. It's lovely all the same, though, and has a very sweet face.

It is hard to be sure these figures are correctly identified. Actually I have a Mastiff to show without puppy and I don't have, as far as I can tell, an adulte Weimaraner to show. Though, I confess I'm still a little lost with these figures. Laughing I don't think this pup belongs to that Mastiff anyway. I presented another Saluki [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the supposedly Yolanda model is a pvc one while those are polyresin. They're not so rare among resins and ceramics but as plastic toys they're really unusual.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 6:32 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:09 am

Roger wrote:
Jill wrote:

It is hard to be sure these figures are correctly identified. Actually I have a Mastiff to show without puppy and I don't have, as far as I can tell, an adulte Weimaraner to show. Though, I confess I'm still a little lost with these figures. Laughing I don't think this pup belongs to that Mastiff anyway. I presented another Saluki [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the supposedly Yolanda model is a pvc one while those are polyresin. They're not so rare among resins and ceramics but as plastic toys they're really unusual.
Thank you for pointing that other saluki out, I didn't even notice it the first time, but it is easily one of my favorites of that set now that I see it!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 10:34 am

Now a few short-legged dogs. Wink

Basset Hound: (reserved)
I can't read what's written but I think it is a Basset or is it a Dachshund? That's a large figure and someone already wants to adopt it.

Basset Hound puppy?: (reserved)
Beautiful puppy in my opinion.

Dachshund:
Needing some love this model. It is marked Teckel but it has no mistake.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 7:22 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 1:36 pm

Dobermann: (reserved)
A very large figure but beautiful. I have at the moment the New-Ray in my collection so this one already found someone interested on it.

Chihuahua: (available)
I initially set this model apart for my collection because I love it but I have much smaller plastic Chihuahua figures to get even if I don't like them as much as this one. Free to be adopted.

Boxer marked Mastiff: (reserved)
This one is simply identified as Mastiff. I don't know which of the several Mastiff dogs is known like this, maybe the English Mastiff? What about the cropped ears? I really don't know.

Last edited by Roger on Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 6:16 pm

Great models again!especially the Dobermann.The Mastiff,judging by the colour,cropped ears and docked tail is a Boxer. Smile English Mastiffs and Bullmastiffs didn't have cropped ears or docked tails and had whole coloured coats.Neopolitans and Cane Corso traditionally had cropped ears and docked tails but much less so today but not gone completely,also had whole coloured coats.Dogue de Bordeaux again in the past had cropped ears but no longer and they never had docked tails and again they had whole coloured coats.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptySat Feb 03, 2024 6:21 pm

Can I reserve the Boxer if possible.
Teckel is an old name for Dachshund. Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 11:31 am

Sure Taylor, Boxer is yours and thanks for your useful information.

Now some puppies although I still have more adultes to show.

Rotweiller: (available)
That's a very beautiful puppy figure, I have the adult but it has a broken leg.

Schnauzer standard: (available)
Interesting model, especially the fact they mention which sort of Schnauzer it is.

Unknown Puppy:
I can't read anything on this figure and I don't know the breed. Looks a very young one.

A size comparison.

PostSubject: Re: Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs   Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Planeta DeAgostini Dog figures, updated with miscelaneous dogs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next