Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!

Go down 
+18
Shanti
Tupolew Tu-154
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 10:50 am

Very Happy Applause cheers study
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 5:53 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 3:19 pm

Thanks!

Spanish fighting bulls (cattle)!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
These animals have been bred in the Iberian peninsula for centuries for the sole purpose of bull fighting. They are handled by humans as little as possible in an effort to keep them as wild as possible. Many believe them to be direct descendants of the auroch (also called urus) that were worshipped by ancient cultures. Bull fighting has been an activity practiced by man for thousands of years. One of the earliest and most famous depictions of this is the Minoan fresco from Knossos, Crete "toreador fresco". A beautiful art piece, it shows 3 men engaged in a battle with an enormous bull.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Beautiful bulls! A shame bull fighting is so prominent still.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 6:10 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 10:38 am

very nice collection Paige Very Happy

Joliezac wrote:

Beautiful bulls! A shame bull fighting is so prominent still.

Yes, that's true. I console myself by telling me that the rest of their lives is more enviable than that of their domesticated brothers who are turned into beef or meat from an early age.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 10:51 am

Wonderful collection Applause Applause Applause

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 6:58 pm

Thank you all. The Spanish fighting tradition is indeed very frustrating, but these animals are still gorgeous and wonderful.

Avian page is finally live! After lots of work fixing kinks with the page...

The Curious Compendium Home Page

TCC Avian Page

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 1:30 am

Lovely birds! They look great cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 10:06 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you all. The Spanish fighting tradition is indeed very frustrating, but these animals are still gorgeous and wonderful.

Avian page is finally live! After lots of work fixing kinks with the page...

The Curious Compendium Home Page

TCC Avian Page

Paige Very Happy Applause Applause Applause Applause cheers drunken
Magnificent work, sumptuous, informative and beautiful photos study Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 5:29 pm

Thank you both. That means a lot. This website design stuff is easier said than done!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 6:32 am

Boer, Angora, and dwarf goats!

Boer goats are so named for the dutch word for "farmer". These are the heaviest goats out there with does ranging from 190-230 lbs and bucks 200-340 lbs! They are known for their hardiness in hot climates (hailing from Africa), docile temperament, hardy against parasites, and high fertility rates. They also are useful for sustainable farming practices, and due to their foraging behavior they reduce invasive plants and increase natural biodiversity in pasture and rangeland.

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 7:09 am

Such a nice collection of goats! I was already wandering how well the Schleich billy fits the Papo nanny and kid and they look quite nice together.
Your website looks great by the way!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 8:10 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 12:08 pm

Fantastic! The good old Schleich Boer Goats still look amazing! 😍
I also love Papo Angoras 😃

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 4:30 pm

Great collection Paige, enough goats to make good cheese Very Happy But... What affraid No Papo Boer goat among them ?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 4:52 pm

Thank you everyone!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it would be a DREAM to get the Papo! Unfortunately I missed that one... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2024 6:41 am

Charolais cattle!

These are one of the oldest breeds known; the first record of them is from 878 A.D.! They hail from the Charolles and Nievre provinces in France and were originally used more in an oxen/draft type role. These animals are classicly known for their white/cream color, but recently have been developed to have red and black varieties also. While the breed itself is usually considered a beef animal, they are crossed both to other beef breeds as well as dairy breeds. Animals were brought to Mexico in the early 1930s and later were brought to the US market. The breed did take a little time to catch further North in the continent due to an outbreak of hoof and mouth disease, but once this was addressed by Mexico, the US, nd Cananada, the flashy white muscled cattle quickly became popular.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2024 7:17 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2024 3:41 pm

I'm not a big fan of chauvinism, I'm even a bit allergic to it, but I have to admit that seeing some of my country's domestic breeds always makes me happy (even if I don't collect them).
Your white herd is magnificent and I confess I have a soft spot for the Papo. drunken
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2024 5:31 pm

Beautiful cattle! I don't collect these types of figures but I've always been most attracted to Safari's. I just love their style with cattle.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2024 9:39 pm

Wonderful to see so many domestic animals and to read your story about your grandfather's cattle. Happy to see that you have got Britains Charolais too!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 3:23 pm

Thank you friends. I am glad that everyone can enjoy them, even if they necessarily for everyone's collections.

Texas Longhorns!

Texas Longhorns are a breed that originated from the mixing of Spanish and English cattle. The breed was slowly developed in the 1800s once English cattle reached Texad, then mixing with the already present Spanish cattle. Because of the ranch culture at the time, these animals were allowed to graze on the open range; when rounded up again, sometimes individuals were missed and left out in the wild and became feral. These "maverick" cattle (feral and unbranded) are what began the American cowboy culture while settlers coming home from the Civil War could make a living by funding these animals, branding them, and starting their own ranches.

Longhorns horns can reach longer than 10 feet wide! The longer the horn the lest of an upward twist will be present. These hardy cattle are able to withstand harsh conditions and are known for being a great breed for areas like Texas.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 5:40 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 7:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next