Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!

Go down 
+18
Shanti
Tupolew Tu-154
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 5:28 pm

Nice to see you back Taylor. Very Happy Thank you both Andreas and Taylor!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 6:50 pm

Beautiful herd, I love these impressive animals as much as teh Ankole cattle drunken

I have a soft spot for the Schleich 13721, the CollectA 88925 and the two Mojo 387222 I love you
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 4:35 am

Thank you. :)

Farm geese and ducks!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Domesticated geese can lay over 500 eggs in a year; compared to one or two clutches (something like 5-12 eggs) in wild species. Most domestic geese live 10-15 years, but have been known to reach 40! They serve a variety of purposes beyond just food and for down feathers; they can great for property management *pest control, fertilizer, and they keep plants nipped down), gaurd animals (given their fierce nature), and companion animals (for humans and other species both). Depending on who you ask, there are roughly 11-15 recognized domestic goose breeds (look them up, some of their appearances might surprise you!)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 4:41 am

Beautiful gooses

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 6:03 pm

Great flock!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 6:44 pm

Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 9:45 pm

You have many beautiful waterfowls, my favorite is the first on the left on the second floor.

flower flower

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 4:33 am

Thank you everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I love both of the Mojo geese too!

Next are the Jersey cattle!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This breed, originally known as Alderney cattle, come from the small island of Jersey off the coasts of England and France approximately during the 1740s. They made land in the US in the 1850s. This small breed (usually topping around 1,000lbs) can range in color of tans and browns, but can also appear gray or even black. They are most well known for their milk that is rich in butterfat; most often used in foods like cheeses, butter, and ice cream. Their milk has much higher amounts of various minerals/nutrients in it, but specifically it has 18% more protein in it, and 20%more calcium , amd 25% more butterfat than other breeds.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 11:03 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 2:17 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 3:39 pm

Jersey cow cheers Last summer, I spent an afternoon with a dairy farmer in southern Brittany. His herd was made up of Primholsteins and a small Jersey, and she was the leader of the herd. Very Happy

I'm torn between CollectA and Schleich.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!  - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Jersey cattle!
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13