Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!

Go down 
+20
Katy Leven
Toymany-kenc
Ana
MartinH
sunny
Tupolew Tu-154
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 3:18 pm

cheers cheers cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 4:27 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 5:24 pm

Thank you!

Generic pink pigs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pigs are actually quite amazing animals. They have the intelligence of a 3 year old child! Pigs can detect magentic North and South, they are incredibly social with their own zpecies and animals of other species. They can be housebroken and can learn tricks; including things like painting and playing instruments! Piglets learn the sound of their mother's voice and mother's sing to their babies while nursing. And they are much more hygeinic than their reputation... they keep their toileting area separate from their eating and sleeping quarters. They have even been known to decorate their living areas with bundles of plants/flowers if given the opportunity/materials to do so!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 07, 2024 4:52 am

Lovely pigs! The Safari ones with the piglets are my favorite cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 07, 2024 8:19 am

I like very much the Safari Ltd with piglets and the last Schleich, your farm still miss the CollectA who look fine too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 07, 2024 11:38 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 5:57 am

Thank you all! @Kiki, the CollectA's never really appealed to me for some reason, but they may wander into the swine grange eventually. My domestics additions have dropped off a bit lately, but I hope to change that soon.

Brown Swiss and Braunvieh cattle!
The brown Swiss breed was developed in the US from European Swiss stock. Some dairy historians consider these animals from the Swiss Alps to be the oldest breed of dairy cow. Today there are about 7 million of them, and traditionally they have been used as dairy and beef cattle but also have been used for draft/oxen work! They are very large animals, growing from 1,300 to 1,500 lbs and can range in color from a silver brown to nearly black. They have an ideal fat to milk ratio making them a preferred breed for producing cheese.They have the longest gestation of any breed at 292 days. They have dark circles around their eyes that helps prevent pink eye disease.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Mountains, Milk, Cheese... What else ? Very Happy

The more I look at your collection the more I feel the pernicious urge to buy a few plastic cows and horses. What a Face
This topic is dangerous. Palmface Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 3:27 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 4:46 pm

Sorry Christophe! Temptation is a hard thing to resist... and I can't find it in myself to discourage you from it. Palmface Laughing

Thank you both.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 6:30 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 5:34 am

Thanks Andreas. :)

Ankole Watusi, Camargue, Carabao, Ongole cattle!
This breed hails from Ongole Taluka in India and was the first Indian breed to be internationally recognized. This one of the largest breeds, at least in height. They have been used in breed crosses all over the world and too many to name here, but the one I am familiar with is the Santa Gertrudis developed in Texas. The Ongole is traditionally used for both milk and meat but also draft work like the Swiss breeds in my previous post. These animals are most known for their tropical habitat tolerance (humidity and heat) as well as disease resistance. They are resistant to many cattle eye cancers, as well as insect borne disease from ticks and flies. These traits are partly what make them so popular, besides their very unique look.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 2:35 pm

Very nice!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 3:11 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 3:23 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 4:27 pm

Watusi, Camargue, Carabao, Ongole cheers It could be names for the three musketeers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 5:11 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 10:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 2:35 pm

Thank you everyone!

Domestic goats (no particular breed)!
Goats are thought to be the first livestock animal we domesticated 9,000 years ago. Their milk is considered even richer than cow's milk as it is higher in fat, calcium, and phosphorous. Their horizontal pupils give them a wider field of vision than other animals which helps them spot predators. Kids are born with teeth! Goats are widely known to be "trashcans" and indiscriminate eaters; this isn't exactly true. Theu are actually quite picky eaters and prefer to eat items of high nutritional value, but they are also hardy and can make due on tree bark and thin grasses unlike other domestic livestock. Lastly, they have been found to be very social animals similar to dogs- in studies, goats prefer to interact with "happy" human portraits rather than "angry" looking ones, as well as the fact they will look to human help if presented with a puzzle they need assistance on completing.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 5:49 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 6:33 pm

Nice tribe, the ELC Billy goat is really incredible and I have a soft spot for the Safari Ltd and Schleich white ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 9:16 pm

Great collection! Applause Applause Applause

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 9:55 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 1:49 am

Those watusi are so cool! And excellent goats Applause Really like the one in the center that looks like it came from a manger scene maybe?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2024 5:21 am

Thank you everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that goat, a camel, and a dog I got in a lot off of ebay or some such, they are only marked Italy. But I think you are correct and they are part of some nativity that I only 3 elements of.

Fleckvieh cattle!

This is a dual purpose breed as well, used for both dairy and beef (though in early years it was also a draft animal, this has largely dropped off today). The breed originates from central Europe (mostly Austria and Bavaria) during the 19th century. It was developed by crossbreeding local animals with imported Simmental cattle from Switzerland. Today there are about 41 million animals worldwide. Characteristically, this breed is large boned, fast growing, and still has tough claws and tendons that explain its usefulness as a draft animal. Modern cattle are often a red brown with white markings, but can vary in color, while their ancestors were much more primitive looking (dark red and brown, similar to auroch).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys! - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Donkeys!
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next