Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!

Go down 
+20
Katy Leven
Toymany-kenc
Ana
MartinH
sunny
Tupolew Tu-154
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!  - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 7:13 am

My Parents have a walking one,but the size could be the same Wink Crocodile Crocodile

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 6:32 pm

Oh nice Andreas! When my older dog passes, I'd like to get my Mom a yorkie as she likes them so much. The dog she bonded so closely with and was my childhood dog, a maltipoo named Pippen, never got bigger than 5 lbs. She loved him so much, so I think a Yorkie will be a great fit for her when the time is right.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 4:22 am

Ok, I figured after one of the smallest breeds we may as well tackle one of the largest. Great danes are often what first comes to mind for many people.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Firstly, they are very large! Standing at about 32 inches tall at the shoulder, but can be as tall or taller than a man when standing on two legs. They also can weigh as much as a person- at about 175 lbs when full grown. This breed was originally created in Germany (despite the name) in the 1800s for hunting wild boar. Despite their large size, they are often gentle enough to play with kids and have a calm demeanor. They are often pretty low energy, but in order to stay fit they should have 2-3 hours if activity a day. They unfortunately are very short-lived; they often only live 5-8 years maximum. "Just Nuisance" was a dane who was enlisted in the Royal Navy on the HMS Afrikander between 1939-1955 at the age of 7. He got his name because he was a large even for a great dane and would sleep on the gangplank, making it difficult for people to board and disembark. He never went to sea and never fought any battles, he primarily was a morale booster for any troops that got to be around him.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 7:48 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MoeHe

MoeHe

Country/State : Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 2:21 pm

Great collection of great danes you have. Very Happy

I really like the spoted one with ears up in the second row on the right from Chap Mei. Thank you for sharing. Smile

To keep up with my collection, I would recommend the following topics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I regularly present my new releases and my opinion on them there.

Feel free to leave your comments. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!  - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Great dane!
Page 22 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22