Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)

Go down 
+3
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) Empty
PostSubject: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 1:07 pm

As I never met him as figurine, I decided to model 2 ones. Here is the more little one. Jaguarundis have a short muzzle but a long skull, ears are little and discarded, not sharp but not round. Body and tail are long, rear pawns are longer than fore ones. The coat may be reddish, brown or greyish without any stripes or spots. In France reddish jaguarundis are sometimes called "eyras".

I made this one reddish (with WePAM paste)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here with Papo ocelot:

.. and some other ones:

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 2:54 pm

Lovely work as always!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 3:05 pm

Wonderful model and again an excellent species choice. We've always wanted the small Nayab panther to act as a jaguarundi because we were convinced the set was about small species but that was our optimism mixed with the wish of having a jaguarundi in our collectons. Here you are, making a great jaguarundi showing its typical features.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 3:48 pm

Many thanks to you both Paige and Rogério. Very Happy

Rogério, the main problem with the Nayab model is its far too long muzzle but the body is too stocky and above all, spots are clearly visible on my model so it is sure that it is a bad black panther or jaguar model. :)
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 6:35 pm

very good model Alain! I googled the jaguarundi and they looked rather like an otter faced cat! very interesting indeed.

I really like how Caracal Productions is making very interesting models Very Happy

and beautifully painted as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 11:36 pm

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 9:26 am

sunny wrote:
very good model Alain! I googled the jaguarundi and they looked rather like an otter faced cat! very interesting indeed.

I really like how Caracal Productions is making very interesting models Very Happy

and beautifully painted as well!

Thank you Annette. I just have to paint the other jaguarundi in a greyish version I think:

.. then I  just have to scan them and my other models too (Wild and swamp cats) so I am going to stop my production of new models because I am very busy with my camping site.  I shall model other species maybe on next autumn. But I hope to have enough time to paint all my fossas copies before!.. :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 9:34 am

widukind wrote:
Very nice

Thank you Andreas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 10:18 am

Congratulations beautiful model Very Happy Applause cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyWed Jun 12, 2024 1:16 pm

Thank you Jean-Luc! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyFri Jun 14, 2024 3:47 pm

Caracal wrote:
Many thanks to you both Paige and Rogério. Very Happy

Rogério, the main problem with the Nayab model is its far too long muzzle but the body is too stocky and above all, spots are clearly visible on my model so it is sure that it is a bad black panther or jaguar model. :)

Yes, defintely. cat

snailtime

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyWed Jun 19, 2024 5:31 pm

Wow I love how your model came out! The pose is great and your paint job is amazing. Great work! Applause

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 1:04 am

Thank you snailtime! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 3:28 pm

My second model yet made with WePAM paste:

He already made kids:

and here the 2 models at about the same scale:

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:14 pm

excellent!! great to see the family expanding Alain Very Happy

Are your sons excited to be helping in this new company?
Back to top Go down
snailtime

snailtime

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 6:58 pm

WOW Shocked These are amazing! I've never heard of WePAM paste before. It does a great job at holding details on a small scale!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 2:12 am

sunny wrote:
excellent!! great to see the family expanding Alain Very Happy

Are your sons excited to be helping in this new company?

Very Happy Thank you Annette! My son was very excited to help me but in his professional context, he could not do more than the first fosses scans and prints. That's why my wife  learnt to scan and print in a "Fablab" and bought  a printer so that we can manage by ourselves.. I would have been enable to do that alone because I am new technology incompatible! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 2:20 am

snailtime wrote:
WOW Shocked These are amazing! I've never heard of WePAM paste before. It does a great job at holding details on a small scale!

Very Happy  Thank you snailtime! I posted here on the forum a tuto about WePAM past wich is very easy to use..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)   jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi) Empty

Back to top Go down

jaguarundi (Puma Yagouaroundi)
Page 1 of 1