Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus Empty
PostSubject: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 10:38 pm

I have recently started to seriously look into Haolonggood. I thought I could resist, but their figures have been getting better and better so I finally gave into temptation!

Dinosaur models can be tricky. There are so many out there, and nowadays there are just too many good ones to choose from. Dinosaurs are typically more expensive, and take up much more room, so I have always been careful to pick and choose wisely. I'm certainly no expert, I don't really focus on scientific accuracy. I think I am most interested in detail and color scheme, as well as overall look.

My early dinosaurs were almost exclusively Papo. Even though some of their figures are a little out there, I always appreciated the details and not too flashy color scheme. I also have a few Schleich and a bit more Safari. Recent years I have reserved my dinosaur money for Nanmu, Eofauna, & Rebor. They are a lot pricier but I prefer a few quality figures per year that are very detailed, instead of lots of smaller not as detailed dinos.

PNSO is almost overwhelming with releases and in my opinion just a bit too expensive for my taste. But in all fairness I don't own any so I don't know how they are in person.

Haolonggood on the other hand, has caught my attention. The details are very nice, lots of variety to choose from, at least 2 options for color schemes. They have a very artistic feeling to them, and of course their prices really stood out to me! Their figures are typically $20 or less (besides the sauropods but I have no room for them).

So I carefully picked my first batch of Haolonggood... I was so excited to open them and really am amazed by their details! I have a feeling I will be adding more to my dinosaur shelves very soon.

Here are my choices! The Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First, the Pachyrhinosaurus (green version). This one might be my favorite of the group! I love how muscular it is, and the details are really great! I have always preferred green coloration on dinosaurs. I can't wait to get outdoor photos with this figure!

With my Papo, which looks quite frail in comparison  Laughing

Daspletosaurus! I admit I know next to nothing about this species, but I couldn't resist a good therapod! I went with the red color scheme, a color I'm not usually fond of on dinosaurs but I think it works really great with this model.

My only gripe so far with these models is that I do not like the bright blue eyes. I'm not sure why but it looks so unnatural to me and makes the figure look almost cheap in a sense, which is a shame because if I cover the eye the model looks gorgeous. Maybe I'm just being silly, but I think I will make it a project to repaint the eyes to a more natural color.

With the Papo Gorgosaurus

I am embarrassed that I don't have any ankylosaurians in my collection.. Ankylosaurus was my favorite as a kid! So I couldn't pass up this Gastonia. I went with the yellow color scheme. Really beautiful painting on the skin and plates. The skin folds are so realistic. I'm excited for outdoor pics with this one!

Had no idea what to compare it with so here is Papo's chilesaurus

Edmontosaurus.. A species I've been longing to add to my collection but I couldn't find the right one. I am very pleased with this one! I got the orange version and this one might have the best paintwork of the entire batch. It looks like a piece of artwork. I love the dark tones with the yellow/orange and the elegant walking pose. I really am amazed this figure was only $20

Lastly, the Maiasaura! This was the final straw for me to cave in to Haolonggood. Baby animals are my weakness and how fitting for them to give Maiasaura a baby to go along with her? I couldn't resist! I went with the red color scheme (red just fit better in my head for some reason). Again the painting is really great on this figure and the baby is so charming. Even with the baby the figure cost $20!

Very very happy with these dinosaurs, I am already trying to decide which ones to get next! Although I would like to repaint the blue eyes on mine first.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 5:23 am

Those are all beautiful dinosaurs and it is a good news that such a competent company can put so nice figures in the market at a reasonable price. I have a single PNSO, I love it, but when I check their prices they're really prohibitive.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 5:46 am

I plan on getting the Maiasaura (despite the inaccuracies with the crest) and Gastonia. But i am being patient and waiting for Happy Hen Toys to get them in.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:16 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:34 am

Very nice additions Jolie. Very Happy I bought my first Haolonggood in April 2023, and since then this new brand has changed the way I see the future of my collection. I hope that other animals than dinosaurs will come out of the workshops, in the meantime I have to find space for all these little jewels.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 8:07 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
I plan on getting the Maiasaura (despite the inaccuracies with the crest) and Gastonia. But i am being patient and waiting for Happy Hen Toys to get them in.

I got mine from Lanatime shop. I find they typically have the best prices for Chinese companies. They never charge me any tax and I only paid $2 shipping.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 11:25 am

The same for me
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 12:07 pm

Joliezac wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

I got mine from Lanatime shop. I find they typically have the best prices for Chinese companies. They never charge me any tax and I only paid $2 shipping.

I prefer to order from figures already in the US/North America :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus   Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus Empty

Back to top Go down

Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus, Maiasaura, Daspletosaurus, Gastonia, & Edmontosaurus
Page 1 of 1