Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aster

Aster

Country/State : France

Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification Empty
PostSubject: Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification   Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 7:05 am

Hi everyone ! It's my first post so if I don't do things properly please excuse me <3
So I collection horses figures and I've been gifted a Papo horse (I didn't know this brand before but it doesn't matter), and had a huge difficulty to find out the breed. Now I'm pretty sure it's a Boulonnais but the strange thing is that I can't find it's color anywhere on the internet. The Papo Boulonnais horse is greyish-cream but mine is pinto brown and white. I'm seriously asking myself if it's a custom one ? But the paint seems really really clean so it seems strange to me.

Here are the photos !]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification   Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 7:52 am

I don't really know this version. Papo special or exclusive editions are not common as you see in Schleich. sometimes, they reuse the horse molds to other series with riders or characters. It's probably not expectable to see a draft horse with a competition rider but maybe it is worth that you look into Papo catalogues to see if this particular painting was used for a mounted set or so.

You can find all pdf Papo catalogues here.

Last edited by Roger on Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification   Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 7:53 am

That is definitely the Boulonais horse, but that looks to me like a custom paint job.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Aster

Aster

PostSubject: Re: Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification   Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 9:05 am

Thanks both of you! I've looked in old catalogs and I only saw the gray version.
Honestly, the more I look at him the more I also think he's a custom. The text on his belly hasn't much relief, legs are sometimes more cream than the rest of the white...

I think I'll restore his custom colors, I like him this way and want to honor the coat his previous owner choose for him :)

Thank you a lot! I'm happy that my research about him brought me here, this forum looks nice and pleasant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification   Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 11:24 am

That sounds like a good idea. Actually, it is what makes your figure different from the standard ones. Welcome on forum and I ope you enjoy here. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification   Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 12:19 pm

I think that's a great idea, to spruce him up to his second coat color. Welcome on forum and I think you will enjoy it here, we have a fair number of horse enthusiasts on forum.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Aster

Aster

PostSubject: Re: Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification   Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification EmptyWed Jul 17, 2024 2:06 pm

Thank for your help !
I'll show you when he'll be refreshed !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification   Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Boulonnais 2004 Identification
Page 1 of 1