Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your collections... now - First part

Go down 
+74
koniminiatures
arafan
cattlecollector
AlopexLagopus
DebbSpell
Clifthanger
Dorkan
GoldEagle
Carola
Noémi
JonasV
schleich61
black unicorn
tyrantqueen
sortepletter
Dr.Narayanan
ToxicHyena
almisi43
Elros Alvar
christinavanderschouw
Saarlooswolfhound
Bruno C Monteiro
Tylosaurus
A-J
sauroid
Master_Cat
Rio
Kiana84
75senta75
JackyLovertjex
krista
Taylcoel
animalluvr6
K907
weaselfan93
scot(t)
Joan Milelire
Bernyto
marcus
xfoxx
SeanieP
Steve170
pm64
Arnaud
Tiermann
Kiryuha
Roger
Vivien
dlfrogman
WILLYBACOMAN
LittleLady
PeGe
Sumo
Silver Unicornis
Ana
landrover
Wildheart
lucky luke
jarda
skysthelimit
widukind
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
Gabe
STORMnl
Kikimalou
baltimore zoo
SUSANNE
Mastiffcat
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Sergey
noeska
MartinH
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:48 am

WHISH MARK IS THE CALAO?

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:29 am

This is how I arranged my wildlife part of the collection for now)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 am

Also a very nice collection Daria cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 am

widukind wrote:
Also a very nice collection Daria cheers cheers cheers 
Thank you Andreas!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Facebook page
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 am

Beautyful collection, and marvellous display, Daria Applause 

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 am

I love the way you display and the display shelves too, Daria!

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Great display, and indeed a good idea to keep them in a 'cage', to avoid the dust Very Happy And yours are completely transparent, that's really nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 am

Been a while since I have posted pictures here. I have been so busy with work lately, my collection has been very busy too. Very Happy

New White Tail Deer

New Red deer and Roebucks

I have decided to start collecting Moose, along with some new Elks

I also added Big Horn Rams/Mouflons and Hyenas, along with a few birds

New Foxes

New Wolves

Here is what my Mammal collection looked like back in January...

...and now!

Of course, I now face the eternal enemy of collectors everywhere...shelf space! I don't really have room for a single figure on those shelves, and I still have a huge trade in its finalization! Ah, the woes of animal figure collectors! lol
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 am

Gold eagle, You have a fantastic colection! In particular I love, love, love your deer!!!!!rendeer rendeer rendeer 

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:25 am

Beautiful shelves Applause  Could you make a comparison topi between the SAFARI Ltd 2013 elk and the one on the left border of your pic ?

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:43 am

GOSH ! How your collection has expanded , - absolutely stunning collection.Applause 

And welcome in the shelf-space-club Suspect Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:00 am

Wonderful shelves Amanda:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:13 am

You have a very cool room setup, and those gargoyles are wicked Cool 
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Thank you all for your kind words, so happy you like the new critters too Very Happy

Kiki, here are the elk pictures. The guy on the left is a Tree House Kids figure.

Last two also have the old Safari Elk for comparison
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Great displays, lots of wonderful animals there and nicely put together. That Treehouse Kids elk is quite nice I think

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Your collections... now   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

whats with the animal pelt!?? Crying or Very sad that's so sad
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Tiermann wrote:
Great displays, lots of wonderful animals there and nicely put together. That Treehouse Kids elk is quite nice I think
Thanks Tiermann glad you like him! :)

weaselfan93 wrote:

Sorry, Weaselfan, I didn't mean to offend. I didn't kill that blonde coyote, the pelt is probably older than me. I just found it beautiful.

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:54 pm

GoldEagle wrote:
I didn't kill that blonde coyote, the pelt is probably older than me. I just found it beautiful.
I find it quite interesting. I just presumed it was a fur fox skin, but that's quite neat if he's a proper wild coyote. Is he ..leukistic, I guess the word would be - or are there more appropriate terms for that degree of blondness? Is that kind of variety in pigmentation common in (your local..?) coyotes, do you know?

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:22 am

GoldEagle wrote:

weaselfan93 wrote:

Sorry, Weaselfan, I didn't mean to offend. I didn't kill that blonde coyote, the pelt is probably older than me. I just found it beautiful.

I'm a post(wo)man, postlady(?), what's the word? I don't know,
But I walk the streets for hours and I find dead animals on my walk all the time.
Sometimes it's mice, rats, moles, birds, beetles, insects and sometimes cats.... yeah it's sad.

But in my teens I would pick up any dead animal and bring it home so I could boil it and get the bare skull or a a birdwing from a dead bird. (Thanks to my grandpa (R.I.P.) who was a great animal lover and always had a switchblade on him for these collector occasions and taught me how to do it.)

I don't collect animal parts like I did then, but still until this day I pick up beautiful bird feathers.
And if I would run into a coyote pelt on my walk, I know for sure I would bring it home and hang it on my wall!

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:21 am

koniminiatures wrote:
GoldEagle wrote:
I didn't kill that blonde coyote, the pelt is probably older than me. I just found it beautiful.
I find it quite interesting. I just presumed it was a fur fox skin, but that's quite neat if he's a proper wild coyote. Is he ..leukistic, I guess the word would be - or are there more appropriate terms for that degree of blondness? Is that kind of variety in pigmentation common in (your local..?) coyotes, do you know?

When I purchased the pelt, the man told me it was a young blonde coyote, but sadly he didn't tell me where he got it so I have no idea if it came from Minnesota or not. Most the coyotes I see around here (they are very common in this area, and are often heard yipping and howling in the night) are more normally colored, although I once saw one with really dark brown fur, almost thought he was a wolf. I'm sure, given our large population, that we have some blondes around here as well.
Blonde fur, like white or black fur, is usually called a "color morph" meaning its a different shade of fur than the species normally has.
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:26 am

[/quote]
I'm a post(wo)man, postlady(?), what's the word? I don't know,
But I walk the streets for hours and I find dead animals on my walk all the time.
Sometimes it's mice, rats, moles, birds, beetles, insects and sometimes cats.... yeah it's sad.

But in my teens I would pick up any dead animal and bring it home so I could boil it and get the bare skull or a a birdwing from a dead bird. (Thanks to my grandpa (R.I.P.) who was a great animal lover and always had a switchblade on him for these collector occasions and taught me how to do it.)

I don't collect animal parts like I did then, but still until this day I pick up beautiful bird feathers.  
And if I would run into a coyote pelt on my walk, I know for sure I would bring it home and hang it on my wall![/quote]

I did the same thing when I was younger, still have a few deer skulls from my finds. I would like to share my bone and fur collection here in the "other collections" topic, but I'm afraid I might offend someone. I always thought of them as educational and excellent drawing references.
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:10 pm

It's recycling at its best! Laughing 
As long as these animals died of natural causes, I have absolutely no problem with somebody collecting some parts that otherwise would've been eaten by scavangers or ran over by car wheels.
I can enjoy the beauty of a living deer in the wild as much as I can enjoy the beauty of a deer skull.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:24 pm

GoldEagle wrote:
Thank you all for your kind words, so happy you like the new critters too Very Happy

Kiki, here are the elk pictures. The guy on the left is a Tree House Kids figure.

Thank you Very Happy 

scratch  And now I can't decide which one I prefer Laughing 
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:40 am

The Tree House Kids figure is quite nice! (Sooooo much better than the old safari elk, which I always loathed. The new one is great though.)

(The pelt is also very pretty.)
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:21 pm

GoldEagle wrote:
I would like to share my bone and fur collection here in the "other collections" topic, but I'm afraid I might offend someone.
I, for one, would be interested in seeing people's real specimen collections. I don't know how bothered one ought to be about offending somebody's sensitivities with that sort of thing; people see dead animals proudly displayed every time they set foot in a supermarket, and few keep getting offended by that.

I managed to find and put up my first couple of proper shelves today. They're proper only in the sense that they aren't random horizontal surface found in the house, which is what usually houses my shifting collection - the frames of these are metal alright, but the shelvelets the models are stood on are made out of the kind of plastic one finds tomatos sold in in shops. Not sturdy, not secure, so why not put my Kaiyodos and some very, very brittle skulls on them:

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your collections... now - First part   Your collections... now - First part - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your collections... now - First part
Page 39 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next