Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oryx Antelope from Lineol

Go down 
+15
Tiermann
Chris Sweetman
animalluvr6
Roger
widukind
scot(t)
landrover
Numa
WILLYBACOMAN
Philter4
ken yeo
aandmkw
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Admin
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

Oryx Antelope from Lineol Empty
PostSubject: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:57 am

Hi Friends,

again a very rare composition animal:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and the direct comparison with Schleich and Safari

Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:09 am

Beautiful Oryx, I love these composition animals, if they weren't so rare I'd really like to own some.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 am

Congratulation Torben Very Happy A very nice catch and it seems in avery good condition for an old grand pa from 1940. Cool

I also like the pics with the Schleich and Safari because the Lineol is the only one I have in this scale Very Happy so I can compare with his grand son...
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Beautiful additions Torben. Congratulations. Great find.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:47 am

Oh My god! This is really beautiful and Congratulation!
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Bautiful figure, congrats on the addition.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:27 am

A great catch Torben, the mother or father of all the oryxes in our field!
Wonderfull model, and i great shape as it seems! Gratuliere! cheers

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:35 pm

This really is a stunning model particularly due to the lovely pose that it is in. Most figures are always in a boring standing position like the Schleich one. The Lineol model looks so realistic with its graceful pose. Why dont modern manufacturers take note??
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:56 pm

That is the case with many of the old Lineols, they are still the best in all of those years...

I found him too, a short while ago, together with the Lineol Saberantelope, they should be on their way to me right now... cheers

By the way Christophe, i know you own the Schleich oryx now... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Hey!

Hm ............ .... .
I must admit that personally I do not like your Lineol figures No .. was made ​​of bad materials, and the whole is bad, such as in zebra stripes are unreal exclamation .. just the bottom .. but this is an old company, which wanted to show that you can do something such as figurines of animals .. Now the market is Collecta, Schleich, Safari LTD, mojo .. Bullyland and a few others, even those no longer do ktoe figures, such as Bandai, or Noah Pal's, but the latter made ​​a much nicer figure than Lineol Crying or Very sad .. So I think these figures are bad .. No
Daniel.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:58 pm

:) :)

sensational oryx Treasure of many years.

These animals made with different materials that today.

But are the grandparents of our animals.

Big congrats..

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:52 am

danielzebra wrote:
Hey!

Hm ............ .... .
I must admit that personally I do not like your Lineol figures No .. was made ​​of bad materials, and the whole is bad, such as in zebra stripes are unreal exclamation .. just the bottom .. but this is an old company, which wanted to show that you can do something such as figurines of animals .. Now the market is Collecta, Schleich, Safari LTD, mojo .. Bullyland and a few others, even those no longer do ktoe figures, such as Bandai, or Noah Pal's, but the latter made ​​a much nicer figure than Lineol Crying or Very sad .. So I think these figures are bad .. No
Daniel.

I respect your taste of course Daniel but I can't agree with you. Composition materials have flaws but they have quality that modern PVC are still unable to reach. This old material allowed manufacturer from the past to make more realistic animals than today : Legs, horns, tails, ears are thin like real animals. Nowadays animals are nearly always too thick.

two examples ?

The oryx : LINEOL, SCHLEICH and SAFARI Ltd

I will not speak about the paintings because, again they have all flaws. All I can say is SAFARI ltd painting is the best in this serie...

But the sculpting... The SCHLEICH is a fat antelope, with too big head, to fat horns and legs. It is maybe a must have toy but it is absolutely unreal.
The SAFAR ltd is better, the head is at the good scale, the horns are thiner and the legs a bit too. But the legs are a bit "Papoing" (strange bending) because of the PVC.
The LINEOL have good proportions, thin kegs and horns wich are not bending. The flaw is the material is fragile to play with but can stand on any shelves for decades now.

The only oryx I know which is more realistic than the LINEOL is the HARRIET's oryx... but it is not exactly a toy Wink

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 am

Second example : The 1940's LINEOL, the COLLECTA and the SCHLEICH...
The SCHLEICH zebras are of course far better than the SCHLEICH oryx... But still a bit thick !
The COLLECTA is elegant but not as realistic.
Despite a rougher painting, I have nothing to say against the LINEOL sculpting, it is stil IMHO the most realistic. Cool

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:32 am

In spite of everything I Lineol animals from the "worst" No ...
But that's my opinion;-) Very Happy

Best regards! sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:34 am

Zebra by Schleich are too fat? seen a zebra with a Noah's shepherd's? It is only Chubs .. Although this figure Collect, Schleich, safari ltd, are a much better and quality, and appearance than others, and certainly from Lineol ... but as I say, it is my opinion, and I think this whole Lineol should no longer do figures, and indeed already does .. and very well.
Daniel.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:20 am

I confess, I am finding myself in agreement with Christophe. I love Schleich figures; I even love the thickness of the figures. But I have also been noticing how much thinner the limbs of real animals are in the pictures I've seen. I recently did my first model -- my own sculpture of a hyena. The biggest problem I had was the back legs especially were gigantic, not at all like real hyena legs which are incredibly thin. Then my girlfriend and I were comparing the Collecta and Schleich Ostriches. The Schleich is so appealing. But the Collecta's neck and legs are thinner (and as a result much more realistic).

(And as a side not, the Schleich Ostrich has nails on the second, smaller toe. This is entirely incorrect!! I was deeply disappointed.)

So as much as i am loyal to Schleich and love those fat little animals, I'm really impressed by the old Lineol. They are beautiful and the delicate limbs are lovely!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 am

danielzebra wrote:
Zebra by Schleich are too fat? seen a zebra with a Noah's shepherd's? It is only Chubs .. Although this figure Collect, Schleich, safari ltd, are a much better and quality, and appearance than others, and certainly from Lineol ... but as I say, it is my opinion, and I think this whole Lineol should no longer do figures, and indeed already does .. and very well.
Daniel.

Of course SCHLEICH zebras are too fat, beautiful but too fat. Wink Less that than the obese NOAH'S PALS but still a bit fat Laughing .

But don't worried about new LINEOL, this fantastic brand retired in the early 1960's Sad .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:48 am

Schleich my opinion are very good Wink , and Lineol is not "wonderful" Mad .... -. -
But as I say, it is my opinion. tongue

Daniel. sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 am

Daniel i accept your opinion. The material from the old animals is not the best but this animals are very very old. And i think your point of view is only of the present. For a few years you can not say that the Schleich animals looks realistic. And so i think this brands was the best what you can find in the past, until the 80s. Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:07 am

danielzebra wrote:
Schleich my opinion are very good Wink , and Lineol is not "wonderful" Mad .... -. -
But as I say, it is my opinion. tongue

Daniel. sunny

Daniel, I also understand what you mean and we don't want to change your way of seeing the figures! Schleich is very good in design, they don't make the figures very realistic but almost always very beautiful! Even members much older than you get angry with me when I say that the Schleich oryx is a completly wrong figure and probably the worst of all antelopes from modern brands! But it doesn't mean that it is not beautiful! :) A little like plushes, they are made to look beautiful but not realistic. For example, take a look at Schleich oryx hooves, they are proportionally huge compared with those from a real one. The legs really chubby and the head is not only large but also completly wrong in shape, take a look also to the ears and compare with a real one. It looks Schleich used those from a completly different animal. Now see where the eyes are placed, very pretty but wrong. This is a male, that's the reason why horns are so thick but very exagerated indeed. Also the painting is in general pretty but all the marks are wrong. Despite all these flaws this is one of the most popular antelope figures among collectors, even those very experienced. Schleich has a huge seduction power and we love to live in an ilusive world! Laughing
I'm glad you are giving your honest opinion, That's great but maybe not fair for the great sculptor that was able to make such a realistic gemsbok as it is the Lineol one, in a period where the factory production was much more limited and much harder to find information about the species. In my opinion, the Lineol is much better than Schleich's and also only Harriet beats it! Please read Scotts comment above and you will understand what we mean. But please continue enjoying modern figures, they are made according with the tastes of your generation and we should always collect what really enjoy us! Very Happy

P.S. I enjoy your irreverent style and the fact that you collect crocodile food! Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 am

Roger,
I know, I understand Wink .. I gather antelope, but I have to Lineol simply because I do not like them ... No
I want to also ask if you had to sell the Roan antelope with Noah Pal's? Or maybe a page where you can buy there? question bounce Or maybe you know a collector who can sell, or somewhere on Ebay is the auction of antelope.? question

Thanks for any help! exclamation cheers Very Happy
Daniel. sunny[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:37 am

I think it has its own special charm about it and beauty, although not as realistic as the current brands I think its wonderful Very Happy cheers

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:23 pm

danielzebra wrote:
Roger,
I know, I understand Wink .. I gather antelope, but I have to Lineol simply because I do not like them ... No
I want to also ask if you had to sell the Roan antelope with Noah Pal's? Or maybe a page where you can buy there? question bounce Or maybe you know a collector who can sell, or somewhere on Ebay is the auction of antelope.? question

Thanks for any help! exclamation cheers Very Happy

Daniel! I see you are much more interested in getting some new figures to your collection than in what was made in Germany during 40's years! Laughing I don't have and I also don't know where can you find a roan antelope by Noah's Pals, but TGF Toys has in stock the Niala antelopes that would interest to you.
Noah's Pals Nialas

Click in the link below and you will find a place where you can ask for the figures that you are searching for your collection.
Searching Lists Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Rogers!
Oh, thank you very much exclamation for the links and everything, in spite of the Nyala antelope are also very nice, but I care more for the roan .. Damn exclamation .. sorry so to speak, but I really want to buy the roan ... Crying or Very sad
But anyway thank you very much! Very Happy

Daniel. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:27 pm

There's only one problem Crying or Very sad .. I live in Poland, and this shop is pretty far out, probably in the U.S., so the cost figures + shipping here to my Polish is very expensive .. not at all familiar, but as you know, why do not you counted the cost? I do not know, I'm not good in the category of "package" ....
Hm ... something may come up with Roan antelope? question .... hm ... I do not know scratch ..

... Daniel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oryx Antelope from Lineol   Oryx Antelope from Lineol Empty

Back to top Go down

Oryx Antelope from Lineol
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next