Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 newray hunting sets

Go down 
+23
Bonnie
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
QuollMate
Gulogulo76
Tupolew Tu-154
widukind
Chris Sweetman
scot(t)
pookyhorse
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Blublub
Suebeedo
Roger
Philter4
robertelephant
Gabe
SUSANNE
kudu11
Mastiffcat
jhudstone
PeGe
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4


Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 57
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1416

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:20 pm

PeGe, you misunderstand hunting because you have never been around hunters. They are very selective and do not hunt game parks where animals are caged, those are people who have no idea what hunting is about and just want to kill something or have a mount that they can say they "killed" themselves. None of these animals were ever wild, they are all bred for the purpose of hunts so as far as I am concerned while it is not true hunting it is not that much different than raising cattle for beef.

Second you also don't know the rules, hunting from a vehicle is illegal in in every country where I have hunted. Also the law says you can not hunt until after sun up, that gives the animals time to wake up or if they are nocternal return to their hiding places. Unless you are a very good student of nature you will never even find an animal that can be taken. In the areas where I live if hunting is allowed you don't just find them, you have to know the habits, habitat, and actually track and hunt them, weather it is with a camera or gun.

Hunting is not an easy thing to do, last hunt my brother was on they had to hike 3 days before the found the buck they took, then they had to bring the animal back down the hill, the same 3 days carrying the deer the whole way. It isn't something that you just go out and buy a gun, then the next day shoot something. It takes training, conditioning and a whole lot of luck to become a hunter.

Let me give you two examples of real situations, one was what happens when environmentalists use idealism to deal with nature and the other is what happens when hunters are involved. Both of these things actually happened. First, in 1988 a new species of monkey was found in the rain forest of central Brazil. It was black and white striped and very small but was confined to two small areas where biologists were studying medicinal plants. In a few months the monkey was declared endangered because of such a small population size and area of habitat and no one is allowed to collect, hunt and they even restricted the area from tourists to protect the population. In 1994 the area was logged, the remaining plants were burned out to grow coffee, the monkey is now extinct. No one ever collected it for zoos or breeding programs, there are not even a dozen photos of it in the world. The only record of it's exsistance is a paper on the species giving it it's scientific name and a few preserved animals from the description. We will never get that monkey back because of the actions of idealists and the "good" intentions of people who don't think hunting is a reasonable or responsible activity.

Now lets look at a turkey species called the ocellated turksy. it is one of only two species of turkey in the world. This species is confined to the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico and the population of birds was suffering because of locals eating them and farming the land. The local government decided to sell permits to hunters from Europe and America to hunt these birds. They then used the money from this to buy huge tracts of land within the range of the birds. Next they started hiring the locals who used to hunt the birds and farm the land (destroying the forested areas they need to live) to restore the native plants and guide the hunters to find the birds. These poor farmers are now very well off, making far more money protecting the habitat and lands for the hunters then they ever made by changing the land to farm. Not only is the turkey population healthy and growing but every single species of plant, animal, and insect that lives there now is protected by the native people who protect the area instead of damaging it.

If the Brazilian government sold the rights of the habitat to hunters who could have hunted several species of birds and one species of forest deer that lives there the monkey would have been protected just because of the habitat would not have been destroyed because of the money provided when they sold the hunts. Which scenario is better for the people who love nature?
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo


Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA
Age : 68
Joined : 2010-06-27
Posts : 952

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Whoa! Shocked This started out as a sharing of a photo of some plastic figures that showed hunting ~ offensive to some and not to others.

I personally have hunted and I have met hunters of both kinds. The ones that had received training and cared that they were going to be merciful in the killing ~ and those that weren't. I can share some stories of the second group but chose not to as they are not nice stories. That second group of people should never be allowed to hunt. Just as there are people in this world who should never be allowed to own an animal. Some people are just mean and some are "sick".


May we all be in agreement that we can disagree and still be friends.

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4


Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 57
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1416

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Suebeedo wrote:
Whoa! Shocked This started out as a sharing of a photo of some plastic figures that showed hunting ~ offensive to some and not to others.

I personally have hunted and I have met hunters of both kinds. The ones that had received training and cared that they were going to be merciful in the killing ~ and those that weren't. I can share some stories of the second group but chose not to as they are not nice stories. That second group of people should never be allowed to hunt. Just as there are people in this world who should never be allowed to own an animal. Some people are just mean and some are "sick".


May we all be in agreement that we can disagree and still be friends.

flower ~ Sue
I hope everyone who reads or posts realizes that I am not angry or upset about anyones point of view. I may disagree with them but I love the philosophical argument. I am not trying to advocate gun ownership or toys that promote killing of anything I just feel it is each persons right to choose and if my posts sound as if I am angry I apologize.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Roger
Admin
Roger


Country/State : Portugal
Age : 48
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 32501

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Phil, you don't look angry in your posts and I appreciate a lot your clever and sensate way of talking about this kind of controversial things. cheers
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub


Country/State : Minnesota
Age : 57
Joined : 2011-05-12
Posts : 102

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Leaving aside the hunting issue (which I also am a little uneasy about), I thought i'd post a more detailed photo of the set currently available from Fleet Farm - a farm supply store in the midwest US. I have detailed photos of each figure if anyone wants:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There really are some nice models in this set. The elk and the waterfowl are particularly nice (including the only Canadian Geese and Wood Ducks I've seen in this scale).

If anyone is interested I've got a spare set for trade.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit


Country/State : Serbia
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4072

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:28 pm

PM sent

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit


Country/State : Serbia
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4072

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Blublub wrote:
I have detailed photos of each figure if anyone wants

That would be nice, there are some very interesting figures Very Happy

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11283

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:40 pm

I love the look of the Elk and the flying pheasant in particular!! You don't have individual models to trade by any chance Blublub?

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit


Country/State : Serbia
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4072

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Oh, you're an EDIT queen Laughing Laughing

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11283

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Oh, you're an EDIT queen Laughing Laughing
Yeah sorry, I change my mind ALOT Embarassed Laughing

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit


Country/State : Serbia
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4072

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Yep, every time I wanted to answer you did that, I just had to let it go Laughing Laughing Wink

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11283

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Yep, every time I wanted to answer you did that, I just had to let it go Laughing Laughing Wink
Sorry!! Laughing What did you want to say, you can still say it!

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit


Country/State : Serbia
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4072

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm kidding Harriet Wink

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
pookyhorse




Country/State : Virgina/US
Age : 35
Joined : 2012-01-27
Posts : 91

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 am

Wow those figures look nice! I'm always up for some epic deer figures. Being that I've been raised in the south and in a military family I have been raised around guns and have used them. My dad made sure I knew dang well how dangerous they were. I've been to folk's houses as a kid where there were loaded guns everywhere on the tables but we knew better. I have no issues with hunting either. I think most of you are probably referring to poachers. Poachers do the real damage to animals..not hunters. But it's understandable that the two get confused.. But anyways..to each their own.

Nice figures. I want them now LOL. Especially the calling Elk(always liked that pose.)
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)


Country/State : USA
Age : 54
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 2997

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 am

Blublub wrote:
Leaving aside the hunting issue (which I also am a little uneasy about), I thought i'd post a more detailed photo of the set currently available from Fleet Farm - a farm supply store in the midwest US. I have detailed photos of each figure if anyone wants:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There really are some nice models in this set. The elk and the waterfowl are particularly nice (including the only Canadian Geese and Wood Ducks I've seen in this scale).

If anyone is interested I've got a spare set for trade.

Cheers!

Wow! what a great looking set! The fowl look wonderful. Everything in it looks interesting. Are these sets available nowhere on the web?

Thanks for posting about it!

Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman


Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 66
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 1357

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:14 am

Gabe wrote:
Another off-topic to "Talk about what you want"....

Fully agree here Gabe.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman


Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 66
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 1357

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:24 am

scott wrote:
Blublub wrote:
Leaving aside the hunting issue (which I also am a little uneasy about), I thought i'd post a more detailed photo of the set currently available from Fleet Farm - a farm supply store in the midwest US. I have detailed photos of each figure if anyone wants:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There really are some nice models in this set. The elk and the waterfowl are particularly nice (including the only Canadian Geese and Wood Ducks I've seen in this scale).

If anyone is interested I've got a spare set for trade.

Cheers!

Wow! what a great looking set! The fowl look wonderful. Everything in it looks interesting. Are these sets available nowhere on the web?

Thanks for posting about it!


There are very interesting poses here. My question is what scales are these figures? Do they go well with Schleich etc...

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Blublub

Blublub


Country/State : Minnesota
Age : 57
Joined : 2011-05-12
Posts : 102

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks everyone. The birds scale nicely with Schleich but the mammals are slightly smaller. I don't think these are listed on the Fleet Farm site but my local store had a bunch during the holidays and still has a few left on the shelves. I'll try to pick up a few more and put singles up on Ebay. Sorry I'm a bit tied up right now but will try to do so by this coming weekend.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind


Country/State : Germany
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 41439

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Wonderful animals. I need the canadian goose in my zoo. Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can collect [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman


Country/State : Nottinghamshire England
Age : 66
Joined : 2012-04-10
Posts : 1357

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Blublub wrote:
Thanks everyone. The birds scale nicely with Schleich but the mammals are slightly smaller. I don't think these are listed on the Fleet Farm site but my local store had a bunch during the holidays and still has a few left on the shelves. I'll try to pick up a few more and put singles up on Ebay. Sorry I'm a bit tied up right now but will try to do so by this coming weekend.

Thank you Blublub for supply the information regarding model sizes.

Much appreciated. Very Happy

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Blublub

Blublub


Country/State : Minnesota
Age : 57
Joined : 2011-05-12
Posts : 102

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:55 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I love the look of the Elk and the flying pheasant in particular!! You don't have individual models to trade by any chance Blublub?

Harriet, I do have extras of both - send me a PM and hopefully we can work out a trade. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind


Country/State : Germany
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 41439

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Blublub wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
I love the look of the Elk and the flying pheasant in particular!! You don't have individual models to trade by any chance Blublub?

Harriet, I do have extras of both - send me a PM and hopefully we can work out a trade. Thanks!

Also for a canadian goose?

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can collect [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub


Country/State : Minnesota
Age : 57
Joined : 2011-05-12
Posts : 102

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 pm

widukind wrote:
Blublub wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
I love the look of the Elk and the flying pheasant in particular!! You don't have individual models to trade by any chance Blublub?

Harriet, I do have extras of both - send me a PM and hopefully we can work out a trade. Thanks!

Also for a canadian goose?

Sorry Andreas - I missed your original request. Yes, I have extra geese but not quite as many as some of the others. Please PM me with what you are looking for and your trade possibilities. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub


Country/State : Minnesota
Age : 57
Joined : 2011-05-12
Posts : 102

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Since many have asked, following are some more detailed photos from the New-Ray hunting set posted earlier:

Moose on left with Schleich moose (R) for comparison:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Big" pronghorn on left with Safari pronghorn (R) for comparison. (Note that the Safari pronghorn is practically gigantic - larger than Schleich scale):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Elk on left with Schleich elk (R) for comparison:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All pheasants compared to Schleich pheasant (middle):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wood ducks:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Small" pronghorns:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All Mallards:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All Canada Geese:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger


Country/State : Portugal
Age : 48
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 32501

newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Oh, thanks for such informative comparison pictures! The figures are relatively nice and I like the birds! Is there any of the Canada geese with spreed wings available? Suspect
And what are you searching? study
Safari pronghorn is large indeed but probably Safari wapity is not large compared with the New Ray one. It is also smaller than the Schleich red deer you're showing! rendeer

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newray hunting sets   newray hunting sets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
newray hunting sets
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NewRay Dogs
» NewRay Birds
» The NewRay animals in my zoo
» NewRay - Dog Collection
» NewRay The Big Country Western Horses 2014

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: New Ray-
Jump to: