Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?

Go down 
+14
Mastiffcat
robertelephant
HKHollinstone
bmathison1972
Ana
SUSANNE
WILLYBACOMAN
Taos
Roger
dlfrogman
landrover
Vivien
widukind
castlerigg
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? Empty
PostSubject: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For one year only, in the early 1990's, a local shop sold packs of six small plastic animals during the Summer tourist season. Maybe eight different packs.

This is the "Forestlife" set ... the Wolf has been partly overpainted, but the rest are in original condition.

And this is the "Rainforest" set.

Each pack has a label, identifying it as an E. L. C. (Early Learning Centre) product, but the animals are all marked "Safari Ltd".

Each pack has a double-sided insert card with information about the animals, clearly marked with the E.L.C. logo on both sides. No mention at all of Safari Ltd.

Can anyone here tell us anything about these sets?

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:32 am

I know the animals produced by Safari Ltd. scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 am

Sorry,I can't help you but the rainforest-set is wonderful,Congratulations! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:22 am

:) :)

Elc of UK is a marketing toys.
They have own products manufactured in your own industries
and marked E.L.C.

But too, they sold other animals of different brands: Safari,schleich,Playmovil.

Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:51 am

I seen something similar here the last time I went to Barnes and Noble they had some books with animals attached and most of them were definitely Safari Ltd. toob size animals
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 am

Yes, the rain forest set remembers me a set that Harriet showed with Safari figures! monkey
This fox looks one that is missing me that is a Safari/Schleich Authentics. So no doubt ELC used Safari figures to make these sets! :)
Thanks for showing! flower flower
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:58 pm

These sets were sold in the UK by ELC company but the were made by Safari ltd.I have all the sets that were made and some of the animals were interchanged.There was some other sets including a farm animal set,an African animal set and an Arctic set.The Artctic set had the wolf from the forest set only in white.My forest set doesn't have the bear in it though!!They also sold some dinosaur sets that were also made by Safari Ltd and sold as similar sets with various Dinos in each setThey have discontinued these sets along time ago which is a shame!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:08 pm

taos wrote:
These sets were sold in the UK by ELC company but the were made by Safari ltd.I have all the sets that were made and some of the animals were interchanged.There was some other sets including a farm animal set,an African animal set and an Arctic set.The Artctic set had the wolf from the forest set only in white.My forest set doesn't have the bear in it though!!They also sold some dinosaur sets that were also made by Safari Ltd and sold as similar sets with various Dinos in each setThey have discontinued these sets along time ago which is a shame!!

Thanks for the information, Taos! :)
Could you please tell me if there is any fox in the Arctic set? study
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:33 pm

It is the first time, that i see these models made by Safari, are made for ELC UK.
I knew them from the Schleich authentic series, and from Safari itself before.
So even more variations around... Shocked
ELC had models in their range that were made by AAA China to.

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Schleich sold them also, look here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Untill recently Safai also sold them in packages like this , - here the 3 sets I have :

And 3 stes that I found on an e-shop, which sadly enough was closed down Sad
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks, everyone, for all your help and information!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:00 am

Yes the Arctic set has a wolf,a a musk ox,an arctic fox,a caribou and a walrus.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:44 pm

taos wrote:
Yes the Arctic set has a wolf,a a musk ox,an arctic fox,a caribou and a walrus.

Thanks Taos, that's very interesting! :) Another fox to hunt! affraid
But a musk ox? Is it the Schleich musk ox? I don't remember Safari having a musk ox? scratch
Do someone has pictures of it? :)
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 pm

I love these sets! How cute Very Happy Razz Are they available anywhere?
And musk ox in one of them? That would be so nice to see Very Happy If anyone has photos, please share bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:01 am

Have checked my sets and the forest set I have has an Arctic fox in it not a bear,so have 2 foxes but they are different colours-one being white with a brown overlay and the other one is white with a blue overlay.The musk ox is is very well made but quite small.I would love to be able to put pics on here to show but have great probs doing so!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:47 am

taos wrote:
Have checked my sets and the forest set I have has an Arctic fox in it not a bear,so have 2 foxes but they are different colours-one being white with a brown overlay and the other one is white with a blue overlay.The musk ox is is very well made but quite small.I would love to be able to put pics on here to show but have great probs doing so!!

Maybe send photos to my email and I will share them here? :) It's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:26 pm

In addition to the Safari Habitat Authentics Collection Butterflies set, there was also an 'Insect' set that had a bumble bee, scorpion, tarantula, monarch butterfly and (I thought) a lady beetle. I bought both sets but I cannot find the lady beetle which makes me wonder if the fifth insect was something else?!?

THanks for reminding me of these--I knew they were from Safari but couldn't remember the line/collection they were sold under...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm

taos wrote:

Oh, I'd loved to see them! :)
Ana is already offering you some help and we can also help you if you want. :)
You can also tell us why you are having problems, using pm or e-mail if you want.
In alternative you can try to post it and I can edit your posts! :)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Many thanks for all your help on here.Have sent the photos to Ana to post on here for all to see!!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Here are photos of Safari sets, from Taos collection :)

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks Taos and Ana! cheers They are really interesting and they have a lot of character! Of course the foxes caught immediatly my atention, they look very happy, maybe the party was good! Rolling Eyes
The sheep is incredibly cute! I love you The musk ox really small! What a Face
What I like more is that most of them are walking or in an interesting pose, not only standing! :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:52 am

The caribou is cute!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:37 am

They are GORGEOUS, Taos bounce bounce cheers I love you Like a Star @ heaven sunny Very Happy

Thanks for helping, Ana flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:43 am

I like them so much too! sunny I especially like foxes, caribou, musk ox, hare, lynx, anteater and armadillo Razz Very Happy They are very cute but in different way than Schleich animals scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:04 am

Very nice Ana, i only have a few of them... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?   Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Some small ELC are SAFARI Ltd ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next