Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+107
Oryx7557
LeeAnn
NightLioness
Tarunyada
costicuba
Florian
Sergey
Kat26
Wilorvise
Lumpasaur
rammleid
donhill
Tupolew Tu-154
elephas_maximus
Dutch Bear
TheLastStardust
ulinuk
john2xtheman
Geospiza fortis
bjarki12
SeanieP
Ladytilly
koniminiatures
schleich61
Bonobo
Dum_my
Valinor
stecal
DaveScriv
persefone
Noémi
JonasV
Jennypurr
Tiermann
smallscaleworld
Ana
mreyder
AlopexLagopus
Silver Unicornis
GoldEagle
RustyEyron
Gulogulo76
Sapphire
Saarlooswolfhound
Regy
almisi43
cattlecollector
Pony
STORMnl
Seijun
sortepletter
arominger26
Mastiffcat
Lennart
SommoDracorex
effelderboy
Chris Sweetman
PeGe
jarda
castlerigg
christinavanderschouw
saintgoku
BornThisWay
A-J
Egbert
Tylosaurus
krista
Rio
scot(t)
Master_Cat
Cyhyraeth
pipi6
Kristie
Katty
Elros Alvar
Vondan
Taylcoel
xfoxx
Kyle9701
Taos
Steve170
75senta75
sauroid
Vivien
smithyboy
Menphis
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
billbut
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
dlfrogman
landrover
baltimore zoo
Meerkat
aandmkw
Philter4
skysthelimit
Arrakai
thomas01
HKHollinstone
Wildheart
Deseo
Zwartvoet
Admin
Suebeedo
111 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Brand Identification topic - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:08 pm

DaveScriv wrote:
Good places to look for stuff are:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also go to this site's Links section for the link to Hugh's smallscaleworld site, lots of stuff there, plus links to other sites.  

Thank you  sunny sunny now i remember me for this website  Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Ivory wild animals looks a lot like the OMO wash powder premiums of the 1970's.  Wink 

Indeed - the giraffe looks like they French OMO animals but they were in silver and gold, also it's a strange mix of types and scales...

...could they be Siku, I know they did a set of large scale animals? What plastic are they? Siku would likely be a hard polystyrene, and they used whites and creams for most of their sub-contracted premiums in the 1950's? scratch

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:11 am

smallscaleworld wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Ivory wild animals looks a lot like the OMO wash powder premiums of the 1970's.  Wink 

Indeed - the giraffe looks like they French OMO animals but they were in silver and gold, also it's a strange mix of types and scales...

...could they be Siku, I know they did a set of large scale animals? What plastic are they? Siku would likely be a hard polystyrene, and they used whites and creams for most of their sub-contracted premiums in the 1950's? scratch

French OMO animals came in two sizes but you are right I never saw ivory OMO. Nevertheless, the Buffalo, lion and bears looks exactly like the OMO.

Here is a SIKU sheet  Very Happy  It seems the Domestic animals are SIKU  cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:19 am

Siku looks very interesting. But if i see Siku animals today than they looks more like model train figurines.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 3:16 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Those are nice animals to Landrover, i specially like the monkee!  Very Happy

And the croc  I love you  Maybe this one is a Kleinwelka ?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Those are nice animals to Landrover, i specially like the monkee!  Very Happy

And the croc  I love you  Maybe this one is a Kleinwelka ?

I dont believe it is Kleinwelka. Kleinwelka is a very nice dinosaur park in the near of Dresden. They only had a few figurines (but i think it was copys- but not sure because i dont collect dinosaurs) in a bigger size. That was the and the old serie (of VEB Plaho  scratch  scratch  scratch ) was the only dinosaur figurines i think in the GDR.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Interesting and nice animals, I especially like kangaroo with turned head Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
mreyder

mreyder

Country/State : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Thanks very much all!!! I also have the Siku goat nr 264, i thought it was a uninteresting figure..... (silly me).
Back to top Go down
http://www.bokkerijdersburcht.nl/britains
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Ana wrote:
Interesting and nice animals, I especially like kangaroo with turned head Very Happy

Yes it is  a very unusual and odd good looking Kangaroo  Very Happy

widukind wrote:

I dont believe it is Kleinwelka. Kleinwelka is a very nice dinosaur park in the near of Dresden. They only had a few figurines (but i think it was copys- but not sure because i dont collect dinosaurs) in a bigger size. That was the and the old serie (of VEB Plaho  scratch  scratch  scratch ) was the only dinosaur figurines i think in the GDR.

You know better than me but I have in my mind a few unpainted animals I always thought to be Kleinwelka  scratch

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:39 pm

landrover wrote:
:)  :)

Of sixties years, I have this zoo collection. but I do not know if is that you search.

These are (or look like) the range of Lido the US company, shipped or licence-produced - in part - over here (Europe) for Kellogg's, I tried to make some sense of them here Animal Premiums, but some of the colours of yours are not ones I've seen before; the white, grey and chocolate brown.

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:11 am

Thank you Hugh  Very Happy 

Nevertheless I can' see the crocodile  scratch 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Ana wrote:

Yes it is  a very unusual and odd good looking Kangaroo  Very Happy

widukind wrote:

You know better than me but I have in my mind a few unpainted animals I always thought to be Kleinwelka  scratch

I am not sure. And the moment (and since a any years) the have figurines by modern brands  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 pm

to original post: It sounds like maybe Imperial? There were lots of made in Hong Kong figures in the US during that time. Here is an ebay link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to a current auction for a collie by them. They made wild animals too. Safari WW is pretty big, and this brand was the one I remember as making things in that size range in the early 70s when I was getting toys.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Unknown cat   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 pm

I'd have to check, but it <looks> like someone colored an old Marx cat.
Nope, the cat from the Marx playsets has its head turned and it's a bit chunkier in build.
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Where are these from?   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:00 pm

The hard plastic horses in the first photo look like the ones made by Preisser as scenics for train sets. This goes for the human figures too. The first reclining cow looks just like one of my Britains cows.
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Top photo:

Hollowcast lead sitting calf at top left is by Britains Ltd (standard 1:32 scale)
Plastic 2 brown horses and black/white cow is by Bluebox (Hong Kong & Singapore small 1:72 scale)

I don't know any of the others.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:32 pm

Jennypurr wrote:
I'd have to check, but it <looks> like someone colored an old Marx cat.
Nope, the cat from the Marx playsets has its head turned and it's a bit chunkier in build.

Welcome here  sunny sunny 

Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Dave - I think it's the small one from the Lilliput range? Still Britains! with Crescent (?) or home-cast to the right. Four Preiser horses (dark-tan), two Bachmann (?) with bases, 3 HK copies of Merit / Model Scene (orange tan horses and B/W Cow). That leaves the cow - top centre - who seems to be a copy / based-on Matchbox and probably came with a die-cast livestock transporter...maybe Tomica? But they are all 'small-scale' in the photo...

Second picture are French 'O' gauge railway figures, I have tentatively thought Jouef, as the painting is as bad as the HO range!!! They are similar to heavier PVC ones probably from Macau?

Third Picture is well outside my comfort zone!! Toob-toys!! The bear, beaver, bobcat and bunny are lovely!

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:40 pm

smallscaleworld wrote:
Dave - I think it's the small one from the Lilliput range? Still Britains! with Crescent (?) or home-cast to the right. Four Preiser horses (dark-tan), two Bachmann (?) with bases, 3 HK copies of Merit / Model Scene (orange tan horses and B/W Cow). That leaves the cow - top centre - who seems to be a copy / based-on Matchbox and probably came with a die-cast livestock transporter...maybe Tomica? But they are all 'small-scale' in the photo...

Second picture are French 'O' gauge railway figures, I have tentatively thought Jouef, as the painting is as bad as the HO range!!! They are similar to heavier PVC ones probably from Macau?

Third Picture is well outside my comfort zone!! Toob-toys!! The bear, beaver, bobcat and bunny are lovely!

Do you mean the lying calf?

If so, no. In the Lilliput range there were just a standing and grazing cow, plus a lying calf which was really tiny - way smaller than this one (compared to the Blue Box horses & cow).
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 pm

You're right...I was thinking it's the same 'scale' as the others, but of course it's bigger! Any idea on the other - which is also larger scale, home-cast? It looks solid?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:06 pm

No idea about that one.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:37 pm

I got this lovely Indian elephant on Ebay for 1 Euro  Very Happy 
Isn't it a young male ?
Does anybody know the brand ?

It looks like th trunk was patched, but perhaps not...the colour of the "patch" is exactly right  Shocked 

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm

This is a Hausser Elastolin (1939-1969) and I guess it is repainted  Wink 

Here is mine, in "Far from mint" condition  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Beautiful old elephant! Congratulations you both!  Smile 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Thankyou, Jonas Very Happy

And thankyou, Christophe, for your help !!! flower 
Seing yours, there is no doubt that mine is repainted, as I suspected...but he is cute anyway, I am sure he has a warm Hausser Elastolin Heart  I love you    elephant  cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next