Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Willy's Schleich additions...

Go down 
+63
Tarunyada
xacaxa
landrover
Kikimalou
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
onatello
NightLioness
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
widukind
WILLYBACOMAN
Fisva
cattlecollector
krista
kgroot
bojan
Chris Sweetman
Bloodrayne
animalluvr6
scot(t)
Elros Alvar
MARTINLATIN
Steve170
Sapphire
Sartje
pawprintzinsnow
Arnaud
Suebeedo
dlfrogman
ida
Ana
Vivien
saintgoku
skysthelimit
Cyhyraeth
STORMnl
Mastiffcat
weaselfan93
lucky luke
Sergey
Sumo
Admin
Kristie
MD1985
SyLoBe
atabini
remowshake
alexmotoc
remrock02
Nova
Arrakai
Siobhan
Rio
zbyszek
Wildheart
ken yeo
Gabe
Lasersword1973
schleich61
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Zwartvoet
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 am

Embarassed Embarassed Thankyou VERY much friends, but I am nothing special geek
There are SO many generous people on this forum ! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Congratulations my friend for the first of so my batches of arrivals this year. Happy for you, Willy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Congratulations Willy! cheers cheers
I love the Gorilla Male,he's has so much character,a real macho. Very Happy Cool
Hurayyyyyy for our generous Susanne! cheers cheers queen
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 am

Excellent new figurines and nice photos, as always, Willy... :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thank you everybody! cheers
And special thanks again to Susanne of course! queen flower
The story with the ears of the donkeyfoal is strange of course.
Maybe they are born with adult ears, and they stop growing from that moment on, not logical either, as they are already longer then from the adult... geek

Laughing Laughing

Maybe this foal is going to be bigger than it's momma!
Mammoth Jacks are HUGE and have Huge ears too!

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:44 pm

I LOVE, LOVE Mammoth Jacks I love you I love you bounce cheers drunken

Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Mammothjackstud
Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Mamothjack2

Very handsome boys...and no they aren't mine...but look at the length of those ears! lol!
Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 pm

What are mammoth jacks !? Idea
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:13 am

Laughing Hi Arnaud, To anwer your question:
A Jack is the name of the donkey "stallion" (not gelded male) and a Jenny is the donkey "mare" (female).
A Mammoth Jack means "Large donkey".

I once met an old man that owned a Mammth Jack, quite a character(the man not the Jack Laughing ). This "Jack was over 15 hands (4 inches = 1 hand) and not a gentle creature. Shocked He explained to me that you don't let a Jack ever breed a donkey because then he won't breed a mare...I understand it goes the same way if you try to get a horse stallion to breed a donkey Jenny. When you cross a donkey with a horse mare you get a "Mule". When you cross a horse stallion with a Jenny (female donkey) you get a " Hinny" which are usually sterile. Artificial Insemination is acceptable in alot of breeds over here in the USA except for Thoroughbreds. I believe the mares have to be "live covered" for the Thoroughbred foal to be accepted and registered. They "A.I" with Mammoth Jack semen too.

Quoted from the American Jack Registry (http://amjr.us/characteristics.htm): Breed Characteristics - Jacks a minimum of 14.2 hands (58") tall and jennets a minimum of 14 hands (56"), plus girth and cannon bone measurements that meet the requirements, are eligible for registration, as they were when the registry was created in 1888. Animals in these size ranges represent a significant number of the Jack Stock population. However, the model jack 200 years ago, and today, would be no less than 15 hands (60") tall. He should have good width, depth and length of body, a strong loin and full hip. The neck should be well muscled, but not excessively thick, and of proportionate length. The feet should be large and well cupped. Bone should be of good size, flat and clean. The legs should not be fine in appearance, resembling the leg of the Thoroughbred horse. The head should be well shaped and not of extreme length or thickness, tapering to a relatively fine, rounded muzzle, and be in good proportion to the body, with large wide set eyes, and well placed long, thin upright ears. The result of these combined qualities is a jack with style and substance that is well suited for Jack Stock production, as well as producing superior quality mules of any type, relative to the breeds of mares he is put to.

Alot of information on the internet if you are interested in learning more... study drunken
I love to look stuff up and am always wanting to learn more about many things. It keeps you young! cheers

If you are wondering how they figure out how tall an horse or donkey is this is how they do it:
When measuring either a horse or a donkey for height, a Level is place across the "withers" and a measuring tape is run from the ground to the bottom of the level. Sorry if this is too much information, but I hope you found it helpful.

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:28 am

Wow! So many nice new critters! I especially love the nest and the marten! Susanne, where did you find that marten? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Arnaud

Arnaud

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Thank you very much Sue !! So many english names to learn for males and females : stallion/mare/gelding/foal, buck/deer/doe/fawn, ram/ewe/sheep/lamb, sow/boar/pig/piglet, bily/nany/kid goats...
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:36 am

Thank you all people. i am happy with them! cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: The Second Schleich items for Januari 2012 came in...   Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:28 am

Since i had to sell my old Schleich collection, i still have gaps in my collection today, so from time to time i fill these gaps up, when i find those models for reasonable prices.
Here are 8 of my newcomers:

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Schleich_Lot_Januari_2012_2
All 8 newcomers, or at least back in the collection...

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14147_Schleich_Netgiraffenkalf_CH_1999_2003_1
14147 Schleich Giraffe Calf

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Schleich_Netgiraffenfamilie_oud_1
Complete family picture, i have all the giraffes complete again, besides from one old colourvariation.

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14224_Schleich_Das_donker_G_1993_2001_1
14224 Schleich Eurasian Badger, darker and later colour-version

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14224_Schleich_Eurazische_Dassen_CH_en_D_1993_2001_2
Both colour-versions

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14224_Schleich_Eurazische_Dassen_CH_en_G_1993_2001_1
Pic for the collection

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14226_Schleich_Wilde_Zwijnen_big_G_1995_2003_1
14226 Schleich Wild Boar piglet standing.
He is still missing his older parents, but for that...

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Schleich_wilde_Zwijnen_Januari_2012_1
He has his old sister and some new family members, and...

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Wilde_Zwijnen_Collectie_Januari_2012_1
Loads of other family members to play with!

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Wrattenzwijnen_Collectie_Januari_2012_1
And not to forget some family from Africa...

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Vietnamese_Hangbuikzwijnen_en_Babirussa_Januari_2012_1
And Asia...

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14232_Schleich_Lynx_G_1994_2001_2
14232 Schleich Eurasian Lynx, a paint variation

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14232_Schleich_Eurazische_Lynxen_G_1994_2001_1
Pic for the collection

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14232_Schleich_Eurazische_Lynxen_G_1994_2001_2
My 2 versions

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14319_Schleich_Tijgerwelp_staand_CH_2004_2007_1
14319 Schleich Tigercub standing

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Schleich_Tijgers_Januari_2012_1
Schleich orange coloured Tiger family, still some family members missing...

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14404_Schleich_Griekse_Landschildpad_G_2002__1
14404 Schleich Hermanns Tortoise, made in Germany

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14404_Schleich_Griekse_Landschildpadden_G_en_CH_2
Made in Germany and China

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 14404_Schleich_Griekse_Landschildpadden_G_en_Ch_2002__1
Pic for the collection

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 16318_Schleich_Dobermann_G_1997_2001_1
16318 Schleich Dobermann Pinscher

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Schleich_en_Maia_en_Borges_Dobermanns_1
Here with the Maia&Borges model

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 16338_Schleich_Fox_Terrier_CH_2005_2007_1
16338 Schleich Fox Terrier

Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Schleich_Fox_Terriers_1
Here with his older mate made by Schleich

Thats all folks! cheers

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 am

Arnaud wrote:
Thank you very much Sue !! So many english names to learn for males and females : stallion/mare/gelding/foal, buck/deer/doe/fawn, ram/ewe/sheep/lamb, sow/boar/pig/piglet, bily/nany/kid goats...

Yes Arnaud, but I am certain you have just as many in French! Wink
Horses: stallion, mare , gelding (castrated stallion), foal - filly or colt. Cattle: Bull, cow, steer (castrated bull), calf - heifer, bull.
Deer: buck, doe, fawn. Sheep: ram, ewe, lamb. Pig: Boar, sow, piglet. Goat: Billy, Nanny, kid... drunken Laughing
scratch Now why do we call children after the goat babies: kids??? Is it because they can be so stubborn? geek

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:31 am

Very nice Willy! You come up with the nicest animal finds! cheers

I love the baby giraffe (like in my Avatar) and the Doberman I also just got - fun figure, the great variation of color on the lynx and badger for your collection. drunken
~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 am

Great hunt, Willy! Very Happy
The world of replicas is changing and we already feel a vintage looking in some Schleich even they are not very old. That's a nice feeling! flower
The interpretation of the badger is very different from the modern figure but I like also the old version. :)
I like a lot the pig families, is it the Safari warthog I'm seeing in the back left side of Africa? pig
I hope to see a babirusa in next years! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:37 am

Very Happy bounce geek

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:44 am

Thank you very much Sue and Rogerio! cheers

Yes, it is always a joy to find older and retired animals for a good price!
This lynx is not exactly what i was looking for, i was searching for the paint-version, that had the stripes all pointing down, and this one is somewhere in the middle, haha. geek
But ok, you have to set yourself some limits, specially on some of those prices some people are willing to pay for some items! Shocked
I do know very well what a figurine is really worth, and i am not often pay to much for one, only when i really really want it badly... Laughing
And yes Rogerio, even these old Schleichs are giving a kind of vintage feeling nowerdays, specially those from the early years... farao
The warthog you ment is the Safari model indeed by the way...

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:46 am

Congrats Willy - the Doberman is wonderful and the badger, I like these two. They are all lovely finds cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 am

Congratulations, Willy cheers

Thay are just wonderful, I agree that they have this extremely charming vintage look, that I love so much I love you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Phantastic catch Willy!!! Congratulation for this big lot of animals!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Congrats Willy Very Happy

Sartje

Sartje

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Nice figures Very Happy cheers

Schleich Count: 501
Papo Count: 20
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CreationsbySarieanne/
Arnaud

Arnaud

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Congrats Willy ! These are nice additions and great collection too !!
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Congrats Willy! Thanks for sharing all your variations!

PostSubject: Re: Willy's Schleich additions...    Willy's Schleich additions...  - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Willy's Schleich additions...
Page 16 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next