Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...

Go down 
+8
SeanieP
Vivien
Numa
Loridena
SUSANNE
pipi6
Roger
xfoxx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
xfoxx

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... Empty
PostSubject: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:13 pm

I noticed that the Schleich ferret has sometimes a curved tail and sometimes a straight one. Does anyone have more info about these? Mine has straight:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm

xfoxx wrote:
I noticed that the Schleich ferret has sometimes a curved tail and sometimes a straight one. Does anyone have more info about these? Mine has straight:

I never noticed it before but I also never found it. I usually pay a lot of atention with tails but this one is completly new for my knowledge! Very Happy I'm sure the experts in variations will help you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:04 am

i saw that on ebay i never thought anything about it just that someone did this with hot water Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 am

Have you seen many with curved tail ?
I tend to aggree with Pipi that the tail must be bent by somebod, - perhaps involuntaryly by keeping the critter lying with the tail in pressure in a hot place scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
xfoxx

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:11 am

My own ferret figure is the only one I've seen in real life, so I don't know how the tails are supposed to look. Seems like many online stores have a picture of the ferret with curved tail, but actually they're using the exactly same picture:
Maybe the curved tails don't even really exist.

Back to top Go down
Loridena

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:28 pm

maybe it's like the thing with the adult standing pegaus: one the picture are completly wrong wings, but it wasn't produced that way...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:24 pm

Loridena wrote:
maybe it's like the thing with the adult standing pegaus: one the picture are completly wrong wings, but it wasn't produced that way...

I never heard about that scratch
Wasn`t the foal where the wings are wrong ?
They changed the foal last year because its wings were wrong in 2009 Shocked
Back to top Go down
Loridena

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:29 pm

yes the foal was produced with wrong wings, but the adult had directly right wings (or at least never those completly wrong wings), but some shops still use a picture with these wrong wings:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:32 pm

I think the picture that the stores show, is wrong. scratch
It is almost impossible to make a good picture, where you can both see the cute face and the tail of the ferret Rolling Eyes

Here are mine :

Great that you saw this Very Happy
I never thougt about the picture being wrong geek Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Loridena wrote:
yes the foal was produced with wrong wings, but the adult had directly right wings (or at least never those completly wrong wings), but some shops still use a picture with these wrong wings:

You guys certainly keep your eyes open Shocked cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Things change with the prototypes even after official photos are sent out. It could be that the original Ferret was to have a curved tail but someone changed it at the last minute but not in time for the original photos to be sent out in literature and so on......

It reminds me of the Safari Ltd original Okapi photo which turned out to be completely different when the final versions were sent to shops.....

ORIGINAL DESIGN:

FINAL DESIGN:
Back to top Go down
pipi6

pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Numaan wrote:
Things change with the prototypes even after official photos are sent out. It could be that the original Ferret was to have a curved tail but someone changed it at the last minute but not in time for the original photos to be sent out in literature and so on......

It reminds me of the Safari Ltd original Okapi photo which turned out to be completely different when the final versions were sent to shops.....

ORIGINAL DESIGN:

FINAL DESIGN:

wow that is a big difference affraid
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:06 pm

pipi6 wrote:
Numaan wrote:

ORIGINAL DESIGN:

FINAL DESIGN:

Indeed,a huge difference! Shocked Shocked I would have preferred the original one... Neutral
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Vivien wrote:
pipi6 wrote:
Numaan wrote:

ORIGINAL DESIGN:

FINAL DESIGN:

Indeed,a huge difference! Shocked Shocked I would have preferred the original one... Neutral

me too! they lost a good replica there, and made it less appealing.
Back to top Go down
SchleichHorsesForever

SchleichHorsesForever

Country/State : The Netherlands/Drenthe

PostSubject: Schleich 42036 different?   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Watch this:

Mine has a different arm and shirt question

Back to top Go down
http://www.everyoneweb.com/equiartrepainting
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:08 pm

hmm, looks like they've flipped the photo, but that still doesn't account for the shirt missing the neck scarf scratch
By the way, your photo is awesome! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SchleichHorsesForever

SchleichHorsesForever

Country/State : The Netherlands/Drenthe

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
hmm, looks like they've flipped the photo, but that still doesn't account for the shirt missing the neck scarf scratch
By the way, your photo is awesome! Very Happy

But the big diiferent is: The left arm is turned back at the official photo [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And my horse has no mark at the front of his head scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.everyoneweb.com/equiartrepainting
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Mine is exactly like yours Shocked
He rests his left hand on his thigh, and no scarf on the man or star on the horse scratch

You are very observant, I have had that model for a couple of years, and never noticed geek Laughing
Back to top Go down
Loridena

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:18 pm

maybe Schleich should take the Photos AFTER they started producing a figure, they dont seem to know how they're gonna look like before Wink

Or they just want to create high expectations with better positions on the photos. it was the same with the arelan-eagle-guy:

but he looks like that in reality:

The first, unproduced one, looks much better in my opinion, and its the same with the western-set. The pose on the pre-picture promises much more "action".... But your photo shows definetly more action! Its a very cool idea with the dust/earth bounce (dont know wich word is used in english for that Wink)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Wow! Yes ! The eagle guy is also MUCH nicer in the catalogue Shocked

He has contact with the eagle, - something is happening ....and in the final model he just stands there Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Loridena

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:58 pm

yes, exactly... i would really like to know whats going on in the heads of the schleich-people...
Maybe: "Ok, two possible poses: first, magic and dynamic position, oooor second: that guy ist waiting for the bus."
"Wow, waiting for the bus. Thats creativ! Lets do that and not this mystical stuff!"

I hope this years pictures keep their promises Wink
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Mine is exactly like yours Shocked
He rests his left hand on his thigh, and no scarf on the man or star on the horse scratch

You are very observant, I have had that model for a couple of years, and never noticed geek Laughing

Mine is like yours and Susanne's. Presumably there are no variants here... Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:51 am

Hum, I´m going to see if I can buy the new horses, I´ll see if they still have some of this western set and see how is it.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...   The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ferret's tail or some models are very different from catalogue pics...
Page 1 of 1