Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!

Go down 
+28
Andy DC
Rio
dlfrogman
baltimore zoo
Wildheart
Kristie
pm64
MartinH
ken yeo
Kikimalou
gogo1004
alucard44
Roger
Mastiffcat
lucky luke
Gabe
SeanieP
Joan Milelire
Vivien
bojan
PeGe
SUSANNE
schleichsammler2008
Arnaud
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
Ana
Numa
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! Empty
PostSubject: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi everyone

I received a wonderful surprise package from Hong Kong yesterday and the contents was just fantastic! CollectA sent me the entire 2012 wildlife model range plus a few accessories such as the trees and fences. I am absolutely overjoyed and very, very thankful to them. The models are truly superb in my opinion. I absolutely adore them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I couldn’t wait to get home from work to unwrap and photograph them and I have taken a total of 93 photos, some good some not so good but the excitement was too much! All these photos are now on my photobucket album which you can access here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The astonishiong thing is the quality of the models - the plastic use is very dense, tough and heavy and has a superior quality to it. The overall paintwork is superb and the models have a great high quality matt finish to them. They are similar to the Schleich quality and very very good. In fact, Schleich seems to have moved to slightly cheaper looking and feeling plastics as can be seen on the China made Schleich Pelican and Stork which have an almost 'hollow' or 'tinnish' feel to them. The plastic used by CollectA is wonderful in their new range and the models have such a wonderful look and feel about them. The plants are equally as nice and well detailed along with the wonderful fences (which I havent photographed yet).

I have taken a number of photos showing the new CollectA models alongside some Schleich models for comparison to help you understand the size differences. Ana's stunning Gaur has also been included as a comparison. I know that not all of you will be happy with sizes but to be honest all the major brands have differing scales with all their models. Look at Papo, their sizes are always too big compared to Schleich and collectA and in Schleichs's own range the elephants are too small, some birds too big so we just have to live with this. All I can say is that the quality of these new models are really exciting particularly due to the wonderful antelopes that I now have in my collection. In addition to the wildlife range I also received the Brahma bull family. Even though I don’t collect farm I find these stunning bulls exotic enough to include in my wildlife collection.

Some of the photos show the difference between the prototype and the final plastic model. The prototypes are larger and when converted to the final plastic version there is approximately 5% shrinkage. You can see photos of the Brahma Bull and Eland final version with the prototype:

Thanks very much to CollectA and I hope you will like the photos as much as I like the models.

:-)

Last edited by Numaan on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 pm

WOW Numaan! Big congratulations!!! You are so lucky to have them so early and get them as a present! cheers Congratulations and thank You for sharing photos! All of these figures are on my wish list Very Happy
CONGRATS again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Oh my goodness!!! Wow Numaan you're one lucky guy cheers cheers these are absolutely spectacular, I can't wait to get mine, really can't wait Laughing
Huge congratulations cheers

Do you know when they'll be available in England? drunken

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Hell of a present cheers
Wonderful animals, congrats Very Happy

Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks Ana . Harriet. I dont know when yet they will be available here, CollectA only have a one main disitributor in the UK I think and I dont think they are quick. CollectA hope to address this issue at the toy fairs they are visiting to lets wait and see.

Ana's Gaur and Harriets Gemsbok (when I receive it) will and do fit right in with all these models!
Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:47 pm

Congrats. I love those antelopes which are gorgeous !!

Last edited by Arnaud on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
schleichsammler2008

schleichsammler2008

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Wow, you have so mutch new figures. Cogratulations! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Holy M... Shocked

They are spectacular cheers

You lucky guy, CONGRATULATIONS cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:54 pm

nice!
But: the Beluga seems to be a little too short. Same problem with the manatee. And it's fluke is a little too big?
the walrus is slightly too "flat" i think and there are some problems with the (front)legs of some antelopes?
I think the bear's head looks bigger than we expected it to be?
And there's something creepy about the red pandas mouth,....
in spite of everything, it's going to become a expensive spring this year,.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Wow, that's one hell of a good present!! I like all of them, but my current favourite is the adult Walrus!!!

Correction: just saw all the 93 pictures. Red River Hog the best, Red Panda the worst exclamation

Last edited by Bojan on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Awesome! Shocked Shocked What a wonderful present,Numaan,you lucky man! Very Happy cheers cheers cheers cheers
I can't wait to get all of the new ones! drunken bounce bounce bounce
One question:How come that you got them all as a present?I guess you are in special contact with them?
Sorry,I'm just curious... Embarassed

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Congratulations Numaan! what a big surprise!
I'm sure they're also happy with you because you helped them a lot!

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 pm

the photos are great--thanks. I esp like the comparison photos to the Schliech. The CollectA will fit in very nicely. The antelopes are perfect. You are lucky to have them already. Is the white line on the male sable's face look very white or is just me...like it was just painted? I love the waterbuck and will get him, but he is a little bigger than I expected in comparision to the other antelopes, esp since the eland is the largest antelope in Africa. The eland will go great with Annas.
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 pm

beautiful figures! I'll buy most of them. Very Happy
Thanks for posting!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:26 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Oh my goodness!!! Wow Numaan you're one lucky guy cheers cheers these are absolutely spectacular, I can't wait to get mine, really can't wait Laughing
Huge congratulations cheers

Do you know when they'll be available in England? drunken

And in France or Germany Quick quick I do not delay!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers drunken sunny lol!
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do this to me! this photo alone is causing me great anguish!
I collect only sheep-I collect only sheep-I collect only sheep-I collect only sheep-I collect collecta Shocked

Numaan, congratulations on such a spectacular gift! How very generous of Collecta. Not many companies in any business are so responsive and grateful to their customers.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:08 am

Congratulations for your tremendous present, Numaan! :)
You surely deserve it! Very Happy
Today I went back to the Schleich shop to see 2012 news and change the stork for another figure. Honestly it was very hard to make a decision. The nice figures I already bought and the remaining are not even nice! Sad I like Schleich but or they are cute or they are nice but none of them is really exciting!
Here I see a group of fantastic figures that makes the hobby of collecting an interesting and educative matter. So nice species and well done. Also the sizes are not huge or very small, are exactly wrong as in all of other modern brands! Of course some are better other worst but it will be always in that way with all brands and every year! :)
Thanks for showing, some of them I already know but the most part I still need to see in real life! :)
Back to top Go down
alucard44

alucard44

Country/State : china

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 am

Thanks for posting!
Wonderul ! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
gogo1004

gogo1004

Country/State : croatia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 am

Omg i they are all so beautiful :) , congratulations Numaan cheers eland and the bears are my favorites Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:13 am

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops NEED THEM ALL drunken

Congratulation Numaan, a great batch for a great collector Cool

No doubt 2012 will be a COLLECTA and MOJO year for me.

No doubt I will be broken with all that good things Rolling Eyes Laughing

I really love to watch all the pics you made.

I like very much the small capybara babies, they are so tiny. Babies are often too big in modern brands, here they are pretty fine.

I also like to see that COLLECTA has got now a real COLLECTA touch like SCHLEICH, PAPO, SAFARI or COLLECTA dinos.

The only animal I still have a doubt here is the beluga whale. The head is beautiful, very detailed... But it seems the caudal fin is a little bit big... or the body too short for such a a fin ? Suspect But the head is so fantastic drunken
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:36 am

Congratulations Numaan! That's really a wonderful present!

To me, this year is all the bullets will go to Collecta most of it. Look at graffe is so beautiful. I wasn't sure before that & whether should I get the giraffe. But now I am sure.

Once again Thanks Numaan for showing the photos.

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:49 am

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU NUMAAN!!! cheers cheers cheers
They are just AMAZING... I´m speechless a envy Very Happy Very Happy
They are definitelly on my wish list... all of them!! CollectA is amazing this year!!
Thank you for sharing them with us and comparing them with other brands. This is really amazing!!
Once again, CONGRATULATIONS to your fantastic present :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Lucky you Numaan! Marvellous, wonedrful creations! Thanks for sharing! sunny
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks everyone. All the models sent to me are production samples means they are virtually ready and complete and are the first plastic batch produced so a few paint things could be adjusted - I have made a request regarding the white face stripe on the Sable's.

Yes in terms of quality the CollectA range is superb. There is something about the weight and feel of the plastic used - it is quite hard, heavy and just feels of a high standard unlike some of the plastics Schleich seems to be using such as those for the Pelican and Stork - just so cheap and plastic like if you know what I mean. As I said before Scale can be a problem with different sized animals and yes the Waterbuck may look a little big compared to the other antelopes but I dont mind considering that we done have a waterbuck and the detail is so wonderful. I can live with it. Papo are brining out an Oryx which I cant wait to touch and see but I know that it will be much bigger than than any of the CpllectA or Schleich antelopes..

Most important of all we have now got new species which no one else has and I find that important as it helps us to expand our model collections. The 2013 list has just been finalised and there will be many more surprises next year and that is all I can say for now.

I have added another 36 photos to the photoalbum so take a look again if you want. There are just so many animals and I was so excited taking the photos for you all that I have done them really fast. It would be hard to do a walk around for each animal at the moment....I will try if I have time but if anyone wants me to take a certain photo of any of the animals from a certain angle or next to a schleich model then just let me know and I will try my best for you. Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Can you please make some more pictures from the Bearded Dragon,perhaps a size comparison? Very Happy
Since I don't like the Schleich one I consider getting the one from CollectA. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!   COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos! Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2012 Wildlife Range - Final Model Photos!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next