Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My African shelf display refurbished

Go down 
+4
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
aandmkw
Kiryuha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

My African shelf display refurbished  Empty
PostSubject: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:01 pm

I've refurbished my African shelf display since I arranged it in December.
New animals and plants were added, and some figures are gone due to space constrictions.
So, I'd like to share the new look of my shelf with you (sorry for the pic's width - I just don't have heart to resize it more):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Schleich eating giraffe has really enriched the "landscape"and added some depth to it (or maybe "height" is the right word?):

Alas, the shelves are too small to make smth more scenic...
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:24 pm

I love your display. The plants add to it and make in so much neater. Maybe I should do something like that when I put mine up.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:05 pm

aandmkw wrote:
I love your display. The plants add to it and make in so much neater. Maybe I should do something like that when I put mine up.
I'm glad you like it.
And how are you going to put your display up?
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
aandmkw wrote:
I'm glad you like it.
And how are you going to put your display up?

I haven't quite figured that out yet. I don't know if I want to display by animal or by make. I know some of them will be put in displays and my knights and castle will have a place where I set them up. There will most likely be a place where I set up my farmhouse and old barn. I also want a zoo display. Too many decisions to make. I guess I could rotate my displays. We will see what happens.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Fabulous display Kyrill!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Very nice Kyrill, the eating giraffe gives more depht without doubt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:08 am

Great display Kiryll!
I can see that the space is limited for you now... Crying or Very sad
Displaying animal-models with artificial plants does make the displays a lot nice indeed.
I do this too normally, but i have the same space porblem too at the moment.
But that is one reason i buy those tree models(like Schleich) and stuff like that too, and you can find great stuff in shops where they sell artificial plants for fish-tanks too. :)

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Thanks, HK and Kiki!
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Displaying animal-models with artificial plants does make the displays a lot nice indeed.
But that is one reason i buy those tree models(like Schleich) and stuff like that too, and you can find great stuff in shops where they sell artificial plants for fish-tanks too. :)
Yeah, I still don't have place to display my Schleich acacia tree - it's just standing on top of the shelves.
As to the aquarium shops, I often look thru them to find cool plants or stones, but haven't bought anything there yet - I've seen no appropriate plants, and the stones were too expensive.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Thanks, HK and Kiki!
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Yeah, I still don't have place to display my Schleich acacia tree - it's just standing on top of the shelves.
As to the aquarium shops, I often look thru them to find cool plants or stones, but haven't bought anything there yet - I've seen no appropriate plants, and the stones were too expensive.

space is always an issue for us Sad Mad
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Stones you can buy cheaper in garden-centers Kyrill...
Here is a lot of choice in the 30-80 ct a kilo range, in all kinds of colours...

Here are some artificial plants i bought a few monts ago in a garden-center, in the pond and aquarium-department.
When i remember well, i paid around 2,65 Euro for each one.

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Wonderful display cheers The plants are realy great. When I get the room for it, maybe I´ll do something similar drunken
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:33 pm

I also display my figurines with stones branches and artificial plants. However, only African animals are allowed to "enjoy" them - since the African savannah is my biggest passion. Photos of my collection will be posted VERY soon. Wink

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:32 am

TigerStrike wrote:
I also display my figurines with stones branches and artificial plants. However, only African animals are allowed to "enjoy" them - since the African savannah is my biggest passion. Photos of my collection will be posted VERY soon. Wink

I am waiting to see your African animals collection.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:26 am

Arrakai wrote:
Wonderful display cheers The plants are realy great. When I get the room for it, maybe I´ll do something similar drunken
That'd be great - I'd love to see your personal vision of a similar display.

ken yeo wrote:
TigerStrike wrote:
I am waiting to see your African animals collection.
Same here! I'm looking forward to see your display too, TigerStrike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My African shelf display refurbished    My African shelf display refurbished  Empty

Back to top Go down

My African shelf display refurbished
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: