Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2012 quality.

Go down 
+12
Kristie
scot(t)
Bowhead Whale
WILLYBACOMAN
sphyrna18
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
bojan
SyLoBe
Roger
SUSANNE
Cyhyraeth
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:32 pm

I know I'm in the minority here, but I love the new polar bears. Shocked

I'm sort of disappointed in the owl. He was on my wishlist, but now seeing him in person I just don't like the painting on him at all. Is it only me?

Either way, I've only been collecting for a bit over a year now. I LOVE the old Schleichs, so for time being there are plenty of animals on my wishlist for me to hunt down. I only hope that Schleich will start to improve their quality for the future. And if not, there are many other brands I can choose from.

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:22 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Then in `02 came the Trakehner and the Holstein and the chestnut mare..and the year after the English thoroughbred and the brown Icey, which I also like a lot. They may not be the most well regarded, but I think they are both accurate and charming. They are surely some of the few where you can`t be in much doubt as to what breed they are.
Every time I see pictures of the Thoroughbred, I drool. I love that figure and will eventually break down and spend lots to get it. I also really like the Trakehner. I just ordered the current Tennessee Walking horse (Stallion) and the Lusitano. Maybe it's just me, but the horses by Papo and Safari do not seem as impressive to me as those by Schleich. But I am biased, so what do I know.

Kristie wrote:
I'm sort of disappointed in the owl. He was on my wishlist, but now seeing him in person I just don't like the painting on him at all. Is it only me?

Either way, I've only been collecting for a bit over a year now. I LOVE the old Schleichs, so for time being there are plenty of animals on my wishlist for me to hunt down. I only hope that Schleich will start to improve their quality for the future. And if not, there are many other brands I can choose from.

-Kristie

Kristie, I agree entirely about the owl! The pictures looked good, but when it arrived, I was extremely unimpressed and felt that it was poorly painted. I should take some pictures of it (maybe tomorrow) to show what I mean.

-scott
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:32 pm

grinninglizard (scott) wrote:

.... I should take some pictures of it (maybe tomorrow) to show what I mean.

-scott

That would be very interesting to see, - yes, please Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Yes, I'm also curious! My owl is not perfectly painted but the general paintwork looks acceptable. What would it be? Suspect Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:02 am

SUSANNE wrote:

.... I should take some pictures of it (maybe tomorrow) to show what I mean.

-scott

That would be very interesting to see, - yes, please Very Happy

I will for sure! It's 3 AM here now. Later when there is light and I am awake, I will take some pictures and post them.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Here are some pictures of the Snowy Owl. They aren't great; the light is not good today and I'm not sure how visible the detail is on these. Sorry. I'll have to do it again when the sun comes out.

As to whether the paint work on this figure is bad, I'll leave that to you to judge. But there is something about it that rubs me the wrong way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:17 pm

I think it's the dot on the end of his nose that bugs me. Rolling Eyes

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:40 pm

They made such a beautiful figurine with this owl, and they ruined it with such a bad paintjob Sad

It happened the same to me with one of the foals, it has a pretty faca, maybe too big eyes, but they are even bigger because of the paint. I´m going to fix it someday :S

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:03 am

scratch Hmmm, - I have been trying to think of something nice to say about the owl ...

Nice mould, and.... and... and... Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing I think they can`t make a really nice and accurately painted, hand painted one, at the price of a little toy Wink

But at least they could make the beak better ! Suspect

PS, - great pictures, Scott sunny

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:27 am

Great photos and I like this owl Very Happy He is perfect model to repaint, will be nice as a male for the bigger safari female Cool
Susanne, I think all models of animals are handpainted, (unless they are unpainted) , but the matter is how much time has the person to do the paintjob scratch cat

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:21 am

Personally, i like the mould, and i think that the painting is not so bad either, because there is a detail that is hard for the brand to make perfect in mass-production, so don't aspect to much from that in general. Laughing
The Bullyland snowy owls are much worser, but i like them to... Wink

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Personally, i like the mould, and i think that the painting is not so bad either, because there is a detail that is hard for the brand to make perfect in mass-production, so don't aspect to much from that in general. Laughing
The Bullyland snowy owls are much worser, but i like them to... Wink

Willy, I think you are right; the owl is kind of growing on me. But I'd like to get a hold of the Safari Snowy Owl and compare. The safari look (in pictures) like it's better painted than the new scheich. Any thoughts?

best,
scott
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:08 am

Kristie wrote:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I love the new polar bears. :shock:

Actually, me too!
I'm not a big fan of polar bears in general, but the new figures are just adorable.
I know their poses are kind of uninspired (especially the cub), but I love their faces. So cute! And their texture is so much detailed compared to the old ones...

I have the cub already and might be getting the adult too...

Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 am

Did anyone have a problem with the way the tinker mare was painted when she came out? When I purchased my 1st one I was so gutted I gave her away. I still was't happy with the second 1 so I ended up re painting her myself. The one in the catalouge was so pretty!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 am

Katty wrote:
Did anyone have a problem with the way the tinker mare was painted when she came out? When I purchased my 1st one I was so gutted I gave her away. I still was't happy with the second 1 so I ended up re painting her myself. The one in the catalouge was so pretty!! Crying or Very sad

Is it the pattern of her markings or the quality, that you don`t like?
Hmmm...I never thought about it. But those tinkers never were inywhere near my favourites, even if I LOVE the breed scratch

Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:21 am

The markings were fine. I just don't like the way they were painted. I guess 'coz I purchased them online, and in the pic it looked good but i real life not so much. Didn't really like the way that some of the white strands of her mane were painted onto the black patches of her coat where there was no modeling of mane and also the strokes of paint were kind of wide. Didn't look right.
confused
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:21 pm

I know, - some brands do this a lot of times, - show a nice model in the catalogue, and then what you get is quite different Sad

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:45 am

I guess that is true, some models do like better when you see them in the real, some worse.
Sometimes it is the painting, sometimes the mould...
I think, the mould should be accurate, and not cute, even when that is a nice thing.... specially when you are working together with a zoo.... Rolling Eyes

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:36 pm

About the snowy owl...I have it too and from an arms reach the paint looks fine to me (the beak is painted well), only when I look closely at the markings on it's plumage do I see they aren't in the right places.

But I agree with Willy, the sculpt is more important to me and it is a very detailed paint job so for mass production I can't grumble too much.

I recently bought the stork though Rolling Eyes The paint job is simple but still a poor effort and is this material common with most of the new models? Even saying that, I quite like the model.

Models can be repainted fairly easily but it's a lot harder to resculpt.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Arrrrh, Steve !!!! Shocked
Your Avatar !!! Shocked bounce I love you cheers drunken cheers

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:06 am

Steve170 wrote:
About the snowy owl...I have it too and from an arms reach the paint looks fine to me (the beak is painted well), only when I look closely at the markings on it's plumage do I see they aren't in the right places.

But I agree with Willy, the sculpt is more important to me and it is a very detailed paint job so for mass production I can't grumble too much.

I recently bought the stork though Rolling Eyes The paint job is simple but still a poor effort and is this material common with most of the new models? Even saying that, I quite like the model.

Steve, your avitar kind of makes exactly the point you are describing. amazing repaint.
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Arrrrh, Steve !!!! Shocked
Your Avatar !!! Shocked bounce I love you cheers drunken cheers

Very Happy cheers it's great isn't it

Steve170 wrote:

Steve, your avitar kind of makes exactly the point you are describing. amazing repaint.

It is beautiful but the credit shouldn't go to me, it was Anna on the forum

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:56 am

Steve170 wrote:

It is beautiful but the credit shouldn't go to me, it was Anna on the forum

I remember that thread. It was here I think: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012 quality.   Schleich 2012 quality. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2012 quality.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2