Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... Empty
PostSubject: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:15 am

I found 2 lots of older Britains last weeks, which i bought to see if there was something between them for me, and for our friend Rogerio.
But he had a lot of Britains already from other members here, so i could only make him happy with just a few... Crying or Very sad
But ok, we had both some additions, and that is the main thing, the rest will go to other collectors i guess... Very Happy

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... Britains_Lot_Februari_2012_1
This were the 2 lots togehther.
I kept a few for myself, like the second paintversion of the sitting tiger, the African elephant, which i had already as my very first Britains model from 40 years ago, but i lost the original tusks in between, so i have 2 of them now, and the hippo with the mouth open is a colourversion, which happens often with brown models...
I discovered a totall new variation for me to, one of the Indian rhino's in this lot was bigger then the one i had, and i was used to, he is quit higher.
I don't think it is a mistake from the mould, as the model looks quit normal furhter on, so a real variation! cheers
The last one i kept, was the darker version of the Bactrian camel.
This versions on the pic are the later deetail versions, which are the same in model as the earlier vintage model, but somewhat smaller, a little less detailed, and better painted as the first model.
and i kpet the baby rhino, as it was a colourversion to.

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... 1310_Britains_Afrikaanse_Olifanten_lopend_1
Here are both of my 1310 Britains African elephants walking, the one in front with the original tuskers

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... 1314_Britains_vintage_Indische_Neushoorns_1
1314 Britains Indian Rhino, the one on the left is the higher and new one for me

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... 1315_Britains_deetail_Nijlpaarden_1
1315 Britains Hippo with mouth open, the right one is quit lighter in colour, so new for me.
It seems to be hard, to keep the colour of the most used brown plastic mass the same...

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... 1346_Britains_vintage_Tiger_zittend_2
1346 Britains tiger siting in the second paint-version.
Britains didn't like to change the mould on the sitting tiger, so re-painted it, and made the new walking deetail tiger in the same striping for the last years

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... 1346_Britains_vintage_Tijger_zittend_1
This was the first paint version

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... Britains_Tijger_lopend_lood_1
This was the first version of the walking tiger, made in lead

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... 1345_Britains_vintage_Tijgers_lopend_1
Later on in the late 1960's and 1970's in plastic..., the so called vintage version, because it was there already before...

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... 1345_Britains_deetail_Tijgers_lopend_2
the later model of the walking tiger from the later 1970's and 1980's, in the 2 colour-versions, the left one is the last model-change.

From this lot the baby camel, the seal and turkey are going to Rogerio. Wink

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 am

They are gorgeous, Willy !
And SO many !!!!
Congratulations flower

Those big ones, aaaah - BUT I won´t collect Britains, I won`t collect Britains, I.... No Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 am

Congratulatios again Willy!!! Another collection!! lol! lol!

What that between the lios? scratch

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks Susanne.
But i know that you have a lot of Britains already, even a better vintage giraffe then i have, and black cattle to, which are probally re-paints of the Charolais cattle, but that was a good idea of who ever did that. Cool

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 am

widukind wrote:

Why another collection Andreas, i started my collection with Britains one day long ago! Shocked
See in the tread about my collections, i added much today! affraid
Between the lions is the vulture...it is still available by the way... Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:47 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
widukind wrote:

Why another collection Andreas, i started my collection with Britains one day long ago! Shocked

I wrote the same by your new Albert Heijn animals. I mean, that are so many animals like a new collection. Laughing

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:08 am

LOVE BRITAINS! For the millionth time, look how nicely they look(The group photo) when placed together in the same display! Not saying PERFECT SCALE, but RELATIVE SCALE. I really love the Indian rhino!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:34 am

widukind wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
widukind wrote:

I wrote the same by your new Albert Heijn animals. I mean, that are so many animals like a new collection. Laughing

Yes Andreas, i understood afterwards, thanks!

Thank you to Balti! :)

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:01 am

Your welcome. I mean I just look at that group shot, and I just love how it just all goes together due to relative scale. It's not perfect, but still the elephants look fine next to the smaller animals.
Amongst my favorites of the Zoo Briatins': African bull elephant, African elephant female, Asian elephants, Indian rhino, black rhino, hippo(walking/standing position), crouching gorilla, adult crocodile, giraffe(moveable neck), lioness lying position, baboon (standing) and baby Indian rhino.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 am

Yes, i know what you mean Balti...
At least Britains tried to make everything in scale.
Look at the tiny 1cm big platypus, which isn''t in any catalogue, still to big, but ok, they couldn't make it any smaller i guess... Rolling Eyes
The adult deetail crocodile is actually to big, or at least a very large specimen of his kind, one of a million or so.
The wolf is more in the size of a coyote, and we can go on like this, but on average not bad. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 pm

I like a lot this topic mainly that part that says:
"From this lot the baby camel, the seal and turkey are going to Rogerio. "
Seriously very interesting informations. A topic to use as reference! Also congratulations for your magnificent additions! Talking about sizes I also think that panda and anteater are really small but the crocodile looks fine. As soon as I receive one I'll tell my definitive opinion.
My wolf is an Iberian wolf that is not much larger than a coyot! Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:48 am

Ok then Rogerio, nice that you like that particular part of the tread, haha. Wink
I think the wolf is not much to small, it could go as a sub-species indeed.
The panda is ok in size, the giant anteater is indeed not to "giant"...

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:12 am

Yeah, I know not not perfect, but at least they tried : )
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 2:52 am

Exactly, and some more brands in the same time... Wink

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:03 am

There's no perfect sizes for animals and until now no other brand showed me a better work with scales than Britains. Not even those dinosaur series or even Schleich sea mammals! Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:13 am

So....Britains is till the brand to look at actually... Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostSubject: Re: 2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...   2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012... Empty

Back to top Go down

2 Lots of Britains came in for the last days of Februari 2012...
Page 1 of 1